Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Okay, I was expecting that if Nintendo did have a new Metroid in the works, it would be a return to form after Other M- most likely a 2D Metroidvania on 3DS or an FPS adventure on WiiU.
I really didn't expect them to reveal the latest Metroid game as "Blast Ball", to change the art style so much, and not talk about these things.

I think the gameplay looks alright, but I'm pretty sure I hate the art style and I dunno if I'll change my mind on it. Hopefully they at least continue to refine the art if not replace it with assets more in line with the Prime series.
If Samus isn't in the game at all, how much damage can this spinoff really do to the series?

But seriously, they canceled this:

And tried again with a worse look

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I'm happy to play as characters other than Samus in the Metroid universe, as long as they have a cool adventure and do things that matter.
Federation Force is a co-op game, you can play the missions alone but at this stage it sounds like there is no single player adventure or anything of the sort.

The snowy map was a terrible choice to show the game in

• Locked thread