Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Is this where we line up to die?

ALso, I'm still going to buy it. gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

mabels big day posted:

I can;t wait to play as the dozens of dead federation soldiers from that one part in Prime 2

I'm the one that looks up to Samus and gets brutally murdered when she never shows up

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Why didn't Sakamoto die in that car crash

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Retro are loving bastards.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
In my secret heart I wanted a co-op Metroid game with the Federation soldiers

But not like this

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Chaltab posted:

What just because of the art style?

They showed off only the Blast Ball mode on Sunday, then put the Metroid name over it today without also showing a real Metroid game. So now it's "we made Metroid Blast Ball! Isn't this what you wanted?! MEtroid is back, hooray!!!"

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Kewpuh posted:

next level games we see you have made a good punchout and a pretty good luigis mansion. we now trust you with one of our most world renowned franchises

thanks boss howabout a 4 player local shooter on a handheld in the world of tallon iv

If it's only local co-op then I will reanimate myself after my suicide so I can bury my skeleton head in my skeleton rear end

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Hungry Bit posted:

Maybe this is actually Monster Hunter but in space. Hub worlds and equipment stats and all.

My secret wish was that you outfit yourself for each mission + have to coordinate with your firneds. Like you can bring a morph ball or a super missile but not more than a few. If you come accross areas nobody can access then you can't get the stuff inside. You can work together to do things like grapple beam a thing open so someone can morph ball through, and then you fight bosses and stuff.

Typing all this makes me look + feel like a retarded idiot because why make it a Metroid game then

Cyron posted:

no they really didn't it was a passing video with zero hype, the Zelda multiplayer game was more hype, stop acting like Nintendo is passing this as prime 4 because their not.

They're obviously not passing it off as prime 4, but there is no possible universe where the way they showed it off would get anything but a very negative reaction and I don't know how they didn't get that

I mean look at this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGu3Xe1uUUg

268 thumbs up 2,301 thumbs down

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Hungry Bit posted:

Well I like that they seem to be using Prime's control scheme at least. It should work relatively well on a 3DS.

Hunters had a good control scheme so hopefully this is similarly good. I still have my thumbstrap

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I think you had it right the first time

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

The federation are a bunch of dumb idiots whose first thought upon encountering a hostile alien lifeform that absorbs and clones everything is too try and breed it into a biological weapon. Then when that lifeform kills everything on the station, their response is to try and do it all again because how could we gently caress this up twice?

Metroid is a tragic tale of a universe where nobody follows OSHA standards.

That's this universe, then

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Rhonne posted:

Wasn't Samus' response to that to crash the space station into the planet to blow them both up?

Samus really, really likes blowing up planets.

It's on Treehouse right now and they have the game director guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXFeuxiL1F0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Japanese Federation is Weyland-Yutani, American Federation is whatever the gently caress Master Chief's clique is called, there isn't much more to it than that.

I dunno man, in Prime 3 they started shooting themselves up with Phazon, which really wasn't a very unambiguous good guy thing to do.

• Locked thread