Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
In all fairness, the Federation were legitimate badasses in Prime 3 and were a huge help to Samus. A spinoff starring them as a way to expand the universe is hardly a bad idea and after Other M did such a thorough job making the Federation look like incompetent morons to a man, it's an even better idea to kinda get a clean slate there.

But this is definitely not gonna help. This is just a straight up ugly, aesthetically unpleasing, bad looking game. And after 5 years of no Metroid and learning that no console Metroid is coming anytime soon? Yeah, I dunno what the gently caress Nintendo was thinking but they deserve to feel the burn here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mordaedil posted:

I'm already laughing, because it is Nintendo and Nintendo does good things. Even when people hate them for it.

Their batting average on this series isn't exactly superb lately. :v:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Internet Kraken posted:

The federation are a bunch of dumb idiots whose first thought upon encountering a hostile alien lifeform that absorbs and clones everything is too try and breed it into a biological weapon. Then when that lifeform kills everything on the station, their response is to try and do it all again because how could we gently caress this up twice?

Metroid is a tragic tale of a universe where nobody follows OSHA standards.

This is kinda the main problem. In the Prime games, the Federation are upstanding guys who are just outclassed by the Space Pirates and crazy poo poo like the Ing and Dark Samus and need Samus' help, so they ask Samus for help and they treat her with respect and admiration at all times (in Prime 3, the dudes actually salute you).

But in the Sakamoto games, the Federation is full of braindead morons who see the Space Pirates continually loving up their attempts to clone Metroids and go "hey we oughta try that." And in Fusion and Other M, they constantly abuse, lie to and mislead Samus despite her basically being a weapon of mass destruction with no loyalty or ties to anything except to her own sense of right and wrong and her dead bird parents.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Eh, the Feds only had Phazon in their armor, which was more or less totally safe.

The problem with Samus and the other bounty hunters was they had their bodies naturally producing the poo poo after their run-in with Dark Samus, which was all kinds of bad news.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chill Penguin posted:

When does this game come out? Can't wait to blast some orbs in space with goons.

Also, what are the odds they announce Amiibo support a la Yoshi's Woolly World?

Chibi Gfed Trooper Amiibo would actually be way more likely to get my money than this game will ever be.

Rhonne posted:

I think this is a case of "I'd rather have nothing!"

I think the hope here would be telling Nintendo that they'd rather have a new real Metroid game instead of a bad looking spin off, but the real message this would probably send to Nintendo would be "no one wants a new Metroid I guess."

Basically. I think the petition is people trying to say "Hey, the last Metroid game was really bad, you've done nothing with it for five years, we've been trying to wait patiently, you ignored the serieses 25th Anniversary, come on, this looks really bad and we don't like the way you're treating the Metroid series."

But eloquence isn't the internet's strong suit. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
And I think the idea of Metroid becoming like Mega Man or Tales is wholly terrifying to Metroid fans, thank you for proving my point. :v:

• Locked thread