Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

So like Prime Hunters but worse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

MechaSeinfeld posted:

This looks like an bland, blurry FPS on a handheld not suited for FPS'

This. Metroid Prime Hunters had a lot of cool ideas but it was on the wrong platform. You had to use your left hand to hold the DS and fire using the L trigger and moving using the Dpad. You use your right hand to aim and rotate the camera. Coupled with the meh graphics, the repetitive bosses, the rather annoying boss invasions and you were in for a bad time.

Anyway, that UI better be improved too because it looks balls awful.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

VJeff posted:

In all fairness, the Federation were legitimate badasses in Prime 3 and were a huge help to Samus. A spinoff starring them as a way to expand the universe is hardly a bad idea and after Other M did such a thorough job making the Federation look like incompetent morons to a man, it's an even better idea to kinda get a clean slate there.

While I'm glad that they learned to use Phazon in Prime 3, they still take Space Pirate energy scythes like little bitches.

VJeff posted:

But this is definitely not gonna help. This is just a straight up ugly, aesthetically unpleasing, bad looking game. And after 5 years of no Metroid and learning that no console Metroid is coming anytime soon? Yeah, I dunno what the gently caress Nintendo was thinking but they deserve to feel the burn here.

This is totally on-point though. I'm not digging the vaguely cartoony look and the UI looks worse than Prime's. This is super weird to me because even if Nintendo wanted to make a sci-fi energy suit people game, they could totally make it look better. Even if it did have a kidie asthetic. I don't get how the art style and the UI looks worse than Custom Robo Arena's. And this is somehow on the 3DS instead of the DS :psyduck:

Seriously look at this. Literally DS jaggies.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jun 18, 2015

• Locked thread