Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

Trebek posted:

I remember trying to watch Scanner Darkly about 12 times when it first came out. Usually got bored and moved to something else 20 minutes in. Maybe I need to go back to it.

First time I watched Scanner Darkly I was tripping heavy balls on shrooms. Try it that way. It's interesting.

MRC48B posted:

I understand why people don't like it. It's very character driven (aka boring), and if you don't pay attention, you miss important plot points. It's based on a Phillip K Dick novel, so it's well matched to the source material.

I enjoy the poo poo out of it.

This too. And it has some pretty funny moments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Stake Land was pretty OK. I mean it's clear the writer/director was super into Elmore Leonard and Near Dark, so if those two things are up your alley then you'll probably like it. I think it didn't get enough attention because it came out in 2011, when both Vampires and Post-Apoc were pretty played out. The director is pretty well regarded as far as undergound horror guys go, and his other gritty crime western was well received, but "horror western post apoc" is a pretty slim genre.

Stake Land came out right around when Zombie land came out and it's almost the same movie minus the comedy. Stake Land is as if Zombie Land and The Road had a baby.

• Locked thread