Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
You know the game. Some schmuck gives a choice between two roughly equal options and you, in your infinite wisdom pick probably the wrong one. Give us an idiotic blurb why you think your dumb opinion and then ask another question.

:siren: :siren: If you don't both answer and ask a (football relevant) question in this thread when you post I will, personally, probate you for the maximum duration I am capable of. :toxx: :siren: :siren:

Example:

Pop Dog posted:

Chad Pennington, because I'll gladly IR a player Thursday for a QB today.

Modern Day Jim Brown at running back or modern day Trent Richardson?

forbiddenforum posted:

Modern day Jim Brown because at least he'll sell jerseys.

Rex Ryan at fullback or Pete Carrol at safety?

First official question:

Lev Bell and De Williams or Jeremy Hill and Gio Bernard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Eifert Posting posted:

Lev Bell and De Williams or Jeremy Hill and Gio Bernard?

Jeremy Hill and Gio Bernard. Complement each other really well, also gently caress the Steelers

Who gets hurt first, RG3 or Sean Lee

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Febreeze posted:

Jeremy Hill and Gio Bernard. Complement each other really well, also gently caress the Steelers

Who gets hurt first, RG3 or Sean Lee

Sean Lee because RG3 might not see snaps even if he's healthy.

more receiving yards: Nuk Hopkins or AJ3000

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

b0ng posted:

Sean Lee because RG3 might not see snaps even if he's healthy.

more receiving yards: Nuk Hopkins or AJ3000

AJ3000. Who is the Texan's QB again? Who got traded to a top 5 QB team

Bills or Jets place higher in the division

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

THIS broke up with my gf
THAT now I'm out in the woods and it's scary but gently caress it, it was time

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Its Miller Time posted:

AJ3000. Who is the Texan's QB again? Who got traded to a top 5 QB team

Bills or Jets place higher in the division

Jets.

Kurt Warner or Curt Warner?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Alouicious posted:

Jets.

Kurt Warner or Curt Warner?

Easily Kurt Warner. Curt was a star from the beginning, and didn't suffer through some grocery bagging days to become the star that he was.

Which would you rather have: The 49ers front office or the Buccaneers front office?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

seiferguy posted:

Easily Kurt Warner. Curt was a star from the beginning, and didn't suffer through some grocery bagging days to become the star that he was.

Which would you rather have: The 49ers front office or the Buccaneers front office?

The Buccaneers. I think indifferent and cheap owners are probably the lesser evil than a clueless and meddling owner.

Wins a playoff game first: Andy Dalton or Ryan Tannehill?

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

NC-17 posted:

The Buccaneers. I think indifferent and cheap owners are probably the lesser evil than a clueless and meddling owner.

Tannehill because prime time Andy Dalton

Steelers Receiving Corps or Lions Receiving Corps?

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:

NC-17 posted:

Tannehill because they don't have non-nationally televised playoff games

Who would you rather have as your team party coordinator Gronk or Flacco

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Knyteguy posted:

Tannehill because prime time Andy Dalton

Steelers Receiving Corps or Lions Receiving Corps?

Lions in a heartbeat. Calvin Johnson? Check. Golden Tate? Check. Plus Heath Miller is a cool dude for being black/gold and he's pretty much done and it makes me sad.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more A.) DPI calls or B.) Pick routes.

Odovaucer
Oct 23, 2003
Ostrogoth

turbomoose posted:

Tannehill because they don't have non-nationally televised playoff games

Who would you rather have as your team party coordinator Gronk or Flacco

Obviously Flacco. Why have your players risk venereal disease and incarceration when they could be unwinding with nice cerebral game of Magic: The Gathering?

Chilichimp posted:

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more A.) DPI calls or B.) Pick routes.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Eat a pie made out of hair or have sex with a first cousin

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Pron on VHS posted:

Eat a pie made out of hair or have sex with a first cousin

I am assuming eat a pie made out of hair is a euphemism for having Alex Smith as your QB and have sex with a first cousin is have Tony Romo as your QB.

I would take Alex Smith as at least there is a 1 in a million chance of making and winning it all.

Would you rather Tom Brady be suspended for 4 games, or have your team win its first 4 games this season. If you are a Patiorts fan 1. Die, and 2. your option is both of these or no suspension and they only win 3 games.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Tom Brady being suspended for four games because the Raiders will lose those "free wins" even if they were giftwrapped to them.

Who was better at killing people: Aaron Hernandez or Robert Rozier

Ostentatious fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jun 17, 2015

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Ostentatious posted:

Tom Brady being suspended for four games because the Raiders will lose those "free wins" even if they were giftwrapped to them.

Who was better at killing people: Aaron Hernandez or Robert Rozier

Robert Rozier because look at this poo poo

Wikipedia posted:

In 1985, he decided to join "The Brotherhood", Yahweh's secret group, that required murdering a "white devil" and returning with a body part to join it. Rozier would admit to killing seven white people to please Yahweh.

Aaron Hernandez's Sopranos-wannabe poo poo has nothing on that.

Who has the better rookie year: Jameis Winston or Marcus Mariota?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Benne posted:

Robert Rozier because look at this poo poo

Aaron Hernandez's Sopranos-wannabe poo poo has nothing on that.

Who has the better rookie year: Jameis Winston or Marcus Mariota?

Mariota because lol at lovie smith qb doing well

who would you rather have for a game winning drive: Flacco or Eli?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Metapod posted:

Mariota because lol at lovie smith qb doing well

who would you rather have for a game winning drive: Flacco or Eli?

In a vacuum, Flacco. But if you bother factoring in their supporting cast I will take Eli. ODB is a loving homerun hitter and the Ravens just lost Torrey.

Your wife is in labor but the whole thing is taking forever. I mean hours. With no end in sight. Your team is in the *FCCG, battling it out for an opportunity to go to the Super Bowl. Do you stay by your wife's side at all times, or do you sneak out and try to catch as much of the game as possible?

Oh, and before you say, "Why Chiche, what a terrible thing! Who would ever consider not being there for the birth of a child, one of the most spectacular occurrences in a person's life?" This is like at least your fourth kid, so there isn't much magic left.

Nov 6, 2002

My wife went into labor while the Patriots were playing the Ravens in the 2011 AFC Conference game.

She went to the hospital after that kick sailed wide.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

In a vacuum, Flacco. But if you bother factoring in their supporting cast I will take Eli. ODB is a loving homerun hitter and the Ravens just lost Torrey.

Your wife is in labor but the whole thing is taking forever. I mean hours. With no end in sight. Your team is in the *FCCG, battling it out for an opportunity to go to the Super Bowl. Do you stay by your wife's side at all times, or do you sneak out and try to catch as much of the game as possible?

Oh, and before you say, "Why Chiche, what a terrible thing! Who would ever consider not being there for the birth of a child, one of the most spectacular occurrences in a person's life?" This is like at least your fourth kid, so there isn't much magic left.

Bengals fan, so I'd probably duck out for the second kid.

Ben Roethlisberger's dick or Brett Favre's?

Odovaucer
Oct 23, 2003
Ostrogoth

Eifert Posting posted:

Bengals fan, so I'd probably duck out for the second kid.

Ben Roethlisberger's dick or Brett Favre's?

Better the devil you know. Favre.

All your team's season-ending injuries in training camp when they can be planned around, or the same number throughout the season distributed normally.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Odovaucer posted:

Better the devil you know. Favre.

All your team's season-ending injuries in training camp when they can be planned around, or the same number throughout the season distributed normally.

Training camp, easily. More time to practice and prepare.

Tebow at HB, or Tebow at TE?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Silly Burrito posted:

Training camp, easily. More time to practice and prepare.

Tebow at HB, or Tebow at TE?

Tebow at HB because http://www.nfl.com/videos/miami-dolphins/0ap1000000065045/Tebow-takes-one-off-the-helmet

Better sophomore season, Carr or Teddy?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Carr is going to helm an offense in the upper half of the league this year (or he should be replaced).

More Successful NFL career: Johnny Manziel or Trent Richardson

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Raku posted:

Carr is going to helm an offense in the upper half of the league this year (or he should be replaced).

More Successful NFL career: Johnny Manziel or Trent Richardson

Richardson, because HBs seem to get more chances than QBs due to how much pressure there is on the position, but it won't be by much.

Gets a franchise first: London or Los Angeles?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Probably Magic posted:

Richardson, because HBs seem to get more chances than QBs due to how much pressure there is on the position, but it won't be by much.

Gets a franchise first: London or Los Angeles?

Los Angeles because http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-nfl-should-expand-to-london-but-first-canada-mexico-and-la/

Professional and college football in 100 years: largely the same as today, or something unrecognizably different?

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Pakled posted:

Los Angeles because http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-nfl-should-expand-to-london-but-first-canada-mexico-and-la/

Professional and college football in 100 years: largely the same as today, or something unrecognizably different?

Not even close to today's game.

Culter: below 4k yards passing or above 4k?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

MrLogan posted:

Not even close to today's game.

Culter: below 4k yards passing or above 4k?

Gonna say just above. He lost Marshall but got Kevin White, so he's still got killer weapons. If he doesn't make it to 4k it's cuz Jon Fox is too conservative.

Who has the better rookie season: Todd Gurley or Melvin Gordon

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Febreeze posted:

Gonna say just above. He lost Marshall but got Kevin White, so he's still got killer weapons. If he doesn't make it to 4k it's cuz Jon Fox is too conservative.

Who has the better rookie season: Todd Gurley or Melvin Gordon

Gordon, better situation on offense and smaller expectations, no injury to recover from

Who gets more games as starter: Kirk Cousins or Colt McCoy?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Raku posted:

Gordon, better situation on offense and smaller expectations, no injury to recover from

Who gets more games as starter: Kirk Cousins or Colt McCoy?

Kirk Cousins, though McCoy might somehow look better before getting his billionth concussion.

Who has the better statistical year: Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck?

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

fartknocker posted:

Kirk Cousins, though McCoy might somehow look better before getting his billionth concussion.

Who has the better statistical year: Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck?
Andrew Luck with Peyton having more zone handoffs under Kubiak limiting his throw, Luck's line hopefully getting a little better and his receivers continuing to develop. Not to mention the whole part where Peyton actually has a running game to use and Luck...well...

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You didn't post a question so I assume you were asking about how many rushing yards Trent Richardson gets this season.

More new teams in the playoffs, AFC or NFC?

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Eifert Posting posted:

You didn't post a question so I assume you were asking about how many rushing yards Trent Richardson gets this season.

More new teams in the playoffs, AFC or NFC?

AFC just become my totally unscientific guess is that the NFC is more consistent.

More rushing yards this season? Kaepernick or Cam Newton

Nov 6, 2002

The NFC is more consistent? Have you seen the AFC quarterbacks who've played in the Super Bowl in the last decade and a half?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Cam Newton, because I'm fairly certain the Tomsula regime's playcalling and offensive schemes will be hot garbage.

On that note:

Who will be the more successful first year coach: Jack Del Rio or Jim Tomsula?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ostentatious posted:

Cam Newton, because I'm fairly certain the Tomsula regime's playcalling and offensive schemes will be hot garbage.

On that note:

Who will be the more successful first year coach: Jack Del Rio or Jim Tomsula?

Jim Tomsula, but only because our expectations are already so low to begin with.

Who will win Defensive Rookie of the Year this year?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Chilichimp posted:

Jim Tomsula, but only because our expectations are already so low to begin with.

Who will win Defensive Rookie of the Year this year?

Jordan Phillips might have a real good year if he gets playing time.

Who is more likely to make the Playoffs in NY, Jets or Giants?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Goetta posted:

Jordan Phillips might have a real good year if he gets playing time.

Who is more likely to make the Playoffs in NY, Jets or Giants?

Haha. That's a trick question, the Bills are the only team in New York.

Will Jameis Winston do something dumb during the season that results in a justified outcry. If yes, please elaborate.

When I say a justified scandal I mean that he did something you would expect any player to be excoriated for. Because of his past stupidity you know some talking head like Bayless will call him out for only tipping 12% on a bill or whatever, that's not what I am looking for.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Chichevache posted:

Haha. That's a trick question, the Bills are the only team in New York.

Will Jameis Winston do something dumb during the season that results in a justified outcry. If yes, please elaborate.

When I say a justified scandal I mean that he did something you would expect any player to be excoriated for. Because of his past stupidity you know some talking head like Bayless will call him out for only tipping 12% on a bill or whatever, that's not what I am looking for.

During his tenure in the NFL (especially if he stays in Florida), he will do something stupid and get rightfully called out. However, I don't think it will be this year.

Which has a greater chance of occurring, Eagles going 16-0 under Chip Kelly or 0-16 under Chip Kelly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Natalya Fartz posted:

Which has a greater chance of occurring, Eagles going 16-0 under Chip Kelly or 0-16 under Chip Kelly.

16-0 is more probable, but neither is going to happen.

What are the odds that Russel Wilson walks away from the Seahawks at the end of the season?

• Locked thread