Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Zurreco posted:

You guys are bad at this.

I know, right? Mods all you have to do is let me probate people and this will all be over.

Zurreco posted:

Who is going to get injured and miss half of the season, Clowney or AP?

Both. If I have to pick one I'll go rouge and say AP.

You can magically make one of these people un-retire and come back at their prime: Favre (free agent) or Jaxon Deville?

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jun 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

axeil posted:

DeMarco Murray.

Does Chip Kelly trade a player during the season this year? If so, who?

This far in and you still don't understand the concept?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Eifert Posting posted:

I know, right? Mods all you have to do is let me probate people and this will all be over.

Both. If I have to pick one I'll go rouge and say AP.

You can magically make one of these people un-retire and come back at their prime: Favre (free agent) or Jaxon Deville?

Favre, though there's a common theme of dick-holding. Long bombs own.

First QB to get benched for the season: Josh McCown or EJ Manuel?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Probably Magic posted:

Favre, though there's a common theme of dick-holding. Long bombs own.

First QB to get benched for the season: Josh McCown or EJ Manuel?

Manuel because Tyrod Taylor and Matt Cassell offer far better alternatives than Manziel.

Who improves more: Bears Defense or Raiders offense?

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Raku posted:

Manuel because Tyrod Taylor and Matt Cassell offer far better alternatives than Manziel.

Who improves more: Bears Defense or Raiders offense?

Raiders offense. Carr is looking like he may be pretty solid.

Better season: Ninja Bortles or Money Manziel

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

I can't spare this man - he fights.
Bortles since he's, you know, actually a starter and I'd bet that Manziel isn't gonna start a single game this year.

Eddie Lacy or LeSean McCoy to have a better season?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

A COMPUTER GUY posted:

Bortles since he's, you know, actually a starter and I'd bet that Manziel isn't gonna start a single game this year.

Eddie Lacy or LeSean McCoy to have a better season?

Numbers wise I wouldn't be surprised if they are similar. However, Shady has to work for his yards, and I refuse to credit Tub'o'Lacy for any of the yards he gets before the defense realizes Rodgers doesn't have the ball anymore. McCoy's season is better by default.

Which is more likely this season: a current player dies (not necessarily on the field), or a current player kills someone else?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
A player kills someone else this season. We might see a crippling injury this season, but that's it.

Over/Under of tantrums EDP throws this season: 5

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This is not an over/under game so I'm ignoring that question

Who leads the Jets in passing yards: Geno Smith or Ryan Fitzpatrick

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Benne posted:

This is not an over/under game so I'm ignoring that question

Who leads the Jets in passing yards: Geno Smith or Ryan Fitzpatrick

Fitzmagick, and all of those yards are against the Bills purely out of spite.

What will there be more of, return TDs or 50+ yard FGs?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Zurreco posted:

Fitzmagick, and all of those yards are against the Bills purely out of spite.

What will there be more of, return TDs or 50+ yard FGs?

Return TDs because FGs are boring as poo poo.

Who is likely to come back better and have a better season after their ACL injuries, Brian Cushing or Sam Bradford?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CyberPingu posted:

Return TDs because FGs are boring as poo poo.

Who is likely to come back better and have a better season after their ACL injuries, Brian Cushing or Sam Bradford?

Sam Bradford. He's in a position to do well (coach, weapons, oline), he's younger, and he's had considerably less wear and tear (no pun intended) on his body due to his injury history relative to Cushing who has a very physically demanding job.

Which QB is more likely to look like an NFL starter by the end of this upcoming season, Derek Carr or Blake Bortles?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Sam Bradford. He's in a position to do well (coach, weapons, oline), he's younger, and he's had considerably less wear and tear (no pun intended) on his body due to his injury history relative to Cushing who has a very physically demanding job.

Which QB is more likely to look like an NFL starter by the end of this upcoming season, Derek Carr or Blake Bortles?

I think Bortles has potential to be a great QB still, but Carr already looked like a starter last season. With Cooper and a better coach he's sure to improve dramatically.

Will an NFL owner/spouse die this season? if yes, please tell us how Benson dies.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

Will an NFL owner/spouse die this season? if yes, please tell us how Benson dies.

The question you ask should be in the form of an either/or.

THIS OR THAT

That being said, Jed York is going to be impaled by a gyro spit.

Which will there be more of, ACL tears or instances of domestic violence?

edit: VVV Play the loving game VVV

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jul 1, 2015

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Chilichimp posted:

THIS OR THAT

This: an nfl owner dies.
That: one doesn't.

The question is binary, Jethro.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

THIS OR THAT

edit: VVV Play the loving game VVV

ACL tears during the season, domestic violence in the offseason

Who starts more games, RG3 or Manziel

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

BlindSite posted:

ACL tears during the season, domestic violence in the offseason

Who starts more games, RG3 or Manziel

RG3. I don't think Manziel will get more than an opportunity or two to show that he still isn't an NFL caliber player.

Better season - Jacksonville or Tampa Bay?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Jacksonville. The problem in Tampa was coaching and that hasn't changed.

Which coach is less likely to survive the next season: Lovie Smith or Jay Gruden?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Eifert Posting posted:

Jacksonville. The problem in Tampa was coaching and that hasn't changed.

Which coach is less likely to survive the next season: Lovie Smith or Jay Gruden?

Jay Gruden. I'm not sold on Lovie in Tampa yet but they at least seem committed to the rebuild. Only a matter of time before the DC Drama Machine swallows up Gruden.

Who will have more rushing yards: Melvin Gordon or Todd Gurley?

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Benne posted:

Jay Gruden. I'm not sold on Lovie in Tampa yet but they at least seem committed to the rebuild. Only a matter of time before the DC Drama Machine swallows up Gruden.

Who will have more rushing yards: Melvin Gordon or Todd Gurley?

Gordon. He'll have more running lanes due to much better QB play.

Buffalo Bills: +/- 50 sacks for the season.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

MrLogan posted:

Gordon. He'll have more running lanes due to much better QB play.

Buffalo Bills: +/- 50 sacks for the season.

A real tough one... I'm gonna say under, but not by much. The Bills have passed that mark the last two years, but Rex Ryan's defenses with the Jets never had more than 45, and that coming last year. When his Jets defenses were really good, they never had more than 40, but they didn't have the talent up front the Bills have. Of course, scheme change...

Keeping with that subject:
Buffalo Bills: +/- 2.5 different starters at Quarterback

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Buffalo Bills are not starting more than two Quarterbacks this year. The defense will be good enough that they will probably want stability at offense to give them a better overall shot at the playoffs. That and if Rex Ryan didn't pull Mark Sanchez from the starting position for so long there is no reason to assume he won't give Manuel a good shot.

Looking back at both of their undeniably successful careers, which Quarterback will be deemed more handsome: Peyton Manning or Eli Manning?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Ostentatious posted:

Buffalo Bills are not starting more than two Quarterbacks this year. The defense will be good enough that they will probably want stability at offense to give them a better overall shot at the playoffs. That and if Rex Ryan didn't pull Mark Sanchez from the starting position for so long there is no reason to assume he won't give Manuel a good shot.

Looking back at both of their undeniably successful careers, which Quarterback will be deemed more handsome: Peyton Manning or Eli Manning?

Eli, because he doesn't get that weird purple dick shaped indentation on his head like Peyton does.

Who will last longer in SF, Kaepernick or Tomsula?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Kaep, not even close.

Would you rather get a surprise five thousand dollar bonus or have your team win the Superbowl.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Eifert Posting posted:

Kaep, not even close.

Would you rather get a surprise five thousand dollar bonus or have your team win the Superbowl.

$5,000 bonus assuming it doesn't put me over the next tax bracket because me over sports every time.

Would you rather surf or play in the nfl

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Metapod posted:

$5,000 bonus assuming it doesn't put me over the next tax bracket because me over sports every time.

Would you rather surf or play in the nfl

loving Casual :smug:

Play in the NFL, because I'd be a millionaire and the specter of CTE's is way less terrifying than the physical presence of sharks.

Rams, Chargers, and Raiders all move to Oakland, or 3 teams pop up in Europe and LA gets an expansion?

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jul 3, 2015

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

loving Casual :smug:

Play in the NFL, because I'd be a millionaire and the specter of CTE's is way less terrifying than the physical presence of sharks.

Rams, Chargers, and Raiders all move to Oakland, or 3 teams pop up in Europe and LA gets an expansion?

Rams, Chargers, and Raiders all move to Oakland is more likely but neither one is realistically going to happen.

Which is more likely to be seen this year, Passing Yds for a season broken or sacks in a season.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

CyberPingu posted:

Rams, Chargers, and Raiders all move to Oakland is more likely but neither one is realistically going to happen.

Which is more likely to be seen this year, Passing Yds for a season broken or sacks in a season.

Passing yards. It's just too easy for a quarterback to rack up yards, vs one particular defensive player staying healthy and dominant enough all season to break the sack record.

Most likely to be one and done: Jim Tomsula or Gary Kubiak?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Jimmay.

Would you rather your starting QB spontaneously take up skateboarding as a hobby or participate in the running of the bulls once?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Eifert Posting posted:

Jimmay.

Would you rather your starting QB spontaneously take up skateboarding as a hobby or participate in the running of the bulls once?

Pretty sure Kelly is going to use running of the bulls to decide our QB for this season. So yeah lets go for that

are we more likely to see a massive team scandal or an individual scandal this year (ongoing ones do not count)

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

I can't spare this man - he fights.

CyberPingu posted:

Pretty sure Kelly is going to use running of the bulls to decide our QB for this season. So yeah lets go for that

are we more likely to see a massive team scandal or an individual scandal this year (ongoing ones do not count)

Massive team scandal. I'm sure we can get another Belichick Special this year.

Most likely to be fired this season: Rex Ryan or Chip Kelly?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Chip. Never underestimate an nerdy egoist's ability to poison a well.

More receiving yards: Megatron or OBJ?

Odovaucer
Oct 23, 2003
Ostrogoth

Eifert Posting posted:

Chip. Never underestimate an nerdy egoist's ability to poison a well.

More receiving yards: Megatron or OBJ?

Megatron. You can't catch too many balls from the training room.

Who'll be active for more games this season, Trent Richardson or JPP?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Odovaucer posted:

Megatron. You can't catch too many balls from the training room.

Who'll be active for more games this season, Trent Richardson or JPP?

JPP, even with that stupid hand injury he got over the weekend. Richardson shouldn't even be on a roster anymore.

What is more probable, the Vikings making the playoffs or the Seahawks not making the playoffs?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Zurreco posted:

JPP, even with that stupid hand injury he got over the weekend. Richardson shouldn't even be on a roster anymore.

What is more probable, the Vikings making the playoffs or the Seahawks not making the playoffs?

Vikings. The 49ers' implosion has severely diluted the NFC West.

Who will score a touchdown first: A Chiefs receiver or Dwayne Bowe?

deathsuxdontdie
Apr 12, 2004

Excellent Patient Care

Benne posted:

Vikings. The 49ers' implosion has severely diluted the NFC West.

Who will score a touchdown first: A Chiefs receiver or Dwayne Bowe?

Chiefs receiver(Jeremy Maclin).

Who will end up injured sooner, RG3 or Sam Bradford?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

deathsuxdontdie posted:

Chiefs receiver(Jeremy Maclin).

Who will end up injured sooner, RG3 or Sam Bradford?

Bradford won't make it to Week 3, if he even makes it to the regular season.

Who finishes the season with a better QBR, Andy Dalton or Ryan Tannehill?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Burger Trench posted:

Who finishes the season with a better QBR, Andy Dalton or Ryan Tannehill?

Dalton has been consistently average, as far as QBR. Tannehill keeps improving, and was higher last year than Dalton has ever been (going year to year, of course)

Tannehill has another year in the same system, and his weapons have just exploded in terms of talent. He's got legitimate receivers now. Even though the tight end might be legally mentally disable...

More rushing yards this year - Demarco murray or Darren McFadden?

deathsuxdontdie
Apr 12, 2004

Excellent Patient Care

Burger Trench posted:

That didn't answer my question. RG3 couldn't make it to week 2 last year, right?

AAA DOLFAN posted:

More rushing yards this year - Demarco murray or Darren McFadden?

Murray. McFadden is too busy stealing underwear to get rushing yardage, and Philly's run blocking is slightly better than HRRRNNGG gently caress DALLAS.

Who throws an interception first, Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

deathsuxdontdie posted:

Who throws an interception first, Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers?

Peyton because he will overestimate how much zip he can put on the ball.

What will happen first: Byron Bell losing his starting job or The Giants having 20 players injured?

• Locked thread