Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
I'm glad this LP still exists. This game has a real place in my heart, back from the days when Serenes Forest didn't really exist and, I believe, one of the main fan sites was known as (seriously) Siglud's Pants. Of course, FESS existed too. I think there was even an abortive forum fan translation that had Corpul as Corbett. (Yes, the very same.)

David Corbett fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Aug 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Fionordequester posted:

Aww...I'm glad to make you happy :). Out of curiosity, did you ever see Jay & Boo actually post (they were the main contributors to this path)? It doesn't seem as though FESS's posts are early enough to cover the years they were active.

Truthfully, no. I only started playing FE after it was mostly translated into English. There were still a lot of things yet to come, but there was enough for me to play through the game and mostly understand what was going on. The second generation was still a bit dicey in particular.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Onmi posted:

Romhacking very much follows the state of the programmer.

Everything is impossible until you know how to do it then it's brain dead simple. Messing with growth rates is super simple, there are modules for that. Making maps? Hasn't been easier than it is right now, Eventing? Much more complex, mostly in learning the syntax and doing grunt work. Fire Emblem Universe has a discord chat where a lot of hackers are. So if you ever wanted to do something and needed help, you could ask there.

But don't be afraid to start simple and just mess around with things.

That '80s stock photo. Magnificent!

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Glad that this is still going on. Hope you had a good spring semester.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

My favourite Fire Emblem game is proceeding well. Thanks for keeping on updating this after all this time!