Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ephraim225
Oct 28, 2010

Yapping Eevee posted:

The ancient being looking liking a little kid is indeed something Japan should really stop doing.

I dunno, it sure does provoke the funniest responses.

Is there any strategic value in not pairing Sylvia so you can get the Berserk staff and whatever else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ephraim225
Oct 28, 2010

Weeble posted:

Tiltyu's real worth is as a mother when given a husband with Vantage.

Vantage+Wrath in this game, especially with the 1-2 range of tomes, is so hilariously broken. It honestly is enough to make her and her children some of my favorite characters in the game. I always use them.

Your options for that are Arden and Lex, though. Elite is cool and all, but, they're gonna be the most un-magical magic units ever.

Ephraim225
Oct 28, 2010

Crystalgate posted:

Well executed plan! Destroy the queen's armies, capture the queen, capture her strongholds and be surprised as Sigurd moves in and destroys the rebellion.

I know this is basically the name of the game in every Fire Emblem, but Sigurd and co. really do seem to pose a much more massive threat than they realistically would. Look at the massive amount of enemies you have to fight! And canonically you win every time! I mean I get that the Holy Weapons are crazy good, but at this point there's only two of them in Sigurd's party.

Oh, but god help you if you get surrounded by wussy mages with Meteor spells even though you should be well within the blind spots.

EDIT: An update is two posts above this one. Oops?

Ephraim225
Oct 28, 2010
Arden clearing the entire arena is clearly not a bug.

Ephraim225
Oct 28, 2010
Cuan really didn't think this one through and it never fails to amuse me. I get that Trabant pulling the patented Backdoor Wyvern Ambush wasn't expected, but come on, you're in a desert, horses are probably NOT a good idea. Would be great if you had anti-air weapons too. Does Lenster not have Archers?

It's also no wonder Lenster fell so easily if they only have as many soldiers there as we see here.

Ephraim225
Oct 28, 2010
FE5 weapon locks always were total crap considering the Thief and Unlock staves that only one character on your side can use but any of the pesky enemy Bishops can abuse as they like.

Also...

quote:

Eltshan hired [Beowulf] to protect her?

I want my money back, Beowulf!

Ephraim225
Oct 28, 2010

Onmi posted:

I mean yeah it can work like that, but even that for Fire Emblem is strange, since it removes the Weapon Triangle and other mechanics for monster stuff.

As for what I did?

I took inspiration from Advance Wars

I will support this only if Idoun is given the ability to fire a giant meteor every ten turns or so that damages everything it hits.

Ephraim225
Oct 28, 2010

Onmi posted:

AoE isn't a known quantity, but I can certainly give her a bombardment ability, I could give her the old Eclipse "Reduce enemy HP to 1" but then I'd make it so she went last in the turn order. So there's no "Oh you got reduced to 1 HP from full. Eat poo poo." reset moments.

Sturm's Meteor Strike in AW can't kill anything so this is actually a really good idea.

Ephraim225
Oct 28, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

Any?

Oh, sure, you can vote for the big names like Elena (Ike's mom) and Layla (Dancer in one cutscene in Fates), but just try to vote for Altina or Anri, and you'll only find disappointment.

(It's just almost any. But it's close enough you can think any if you aren't looking for the specific exceptions.)

Can we vote for Aimee/Larabel?

Ephraim225
Oct 28, 2010

Junpei posted:

By the way, I have a question. Is there a way to have a child with Pursuit, Continue, and Charge simultaneously? If they had a Brave weapon on top of that, and capped Speed in their promotion, how many times could they possibly attack?

Faval can get all three from his class and Jamka as a father. In theory he could attack as many as 16 times.

That...is one BADASS Archer, actually.

But you can do even WORSE. Jamka + Ira gives Ira's daughter a maximum of - I hope my math is correct - EIGHTY attacks? That assumes every hit gets Meteor Sword, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ephraim225
Oct 28, 2010
Thracia 776's cast doesn't get canonically killed off, fortunately, they mostly go their own way after the game's over. That game's plot is pretty much always going to look weird from Chapter 20 (which leads into FE4's Chapter 8 timeline-wise) onwards simply because of all the variables FE4 has. Basically consider it a "what-if" scenario at that point. Thracia 776 ends with Manster's liberation, so we can take this to mean Leaf and Celice went back to Lenster and Alster respectively while Ced stays in Manster.