Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomNinja
Sep 14, 2011

Protector of the innocent, assassin of the unjust, and a lover of delicious, sweet, creamy Ice cream.

Fionordequester posted:

Aw maaaaaaan! Oh well; this LP has been a major challenge in terms of properly organizing everything, so stuff like that's bound to happen at some point :cheeky:.

Hehehehe...well, I wouldn't say that Future Trunks himself was bad, either in DBZ or Super. It's more the writing that got really bad at times. And unfortunately, he did become something of a Gary Stu. He...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Somehow goes from SSJ3 tier, to becoming as strong as a Super Saiyan Blue, just by getting a little angry when Black and Zamasu start insulting.

2) Learned in 5 minutes a technique that took Goku a whole day to learn; and Goku was the one who was supposed to be a prodigy

3) Somehow accidentally learns the Spirit Bomb (expanded materials confirm that he was, in fact, performing a Spirit Bomb when he was gathering energy from those people)

4) He then uses said Spirit Bomb to form his own SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME MAGIC SWORD; which he then uses to cut a Vegetto Tier Opponent in half. While it's possible that said opponent was weakened by his previous fight with Vegetto, the show itself does not do a lot to indicate that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This, by the way, is the same guy that looked at Grade 3 Super Saiyan, thought "whoa, look at how STRONG I am now!", and totally overlooked the fact that it was cutting his speed in half! His muscles were so fricken big, he couldn't even move properly; yet he still failed to notice that there was a problem.

And this is all coming from someone who loved both Future Trunks AND the Goku Black arc! I'm serious! Black was legit one of my favorite villains in a long time! That arc had some really good stuff! Just...it's writing was kinda shaky, at times :( ...

The writing being kind of shaky is a problem throughout most of Super, but having Future Trunks becoming some super special boy and then having it not matter in the least was particularly egregious.

Also, happy to see this is back. Seeing people break Fire Emblem is one of my favourite things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU