Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Fionordequester posted:

Alright guys, almost done with the next update. Just gotta finish it up, then get Marty's commentary. That said though, are these updates a decent length? Or could they stand to be shorter? I think they're just right, but I want to know what you think!
Yeah I'd say overall the updates are a good length.

One thing I definitely like are the GIFs and especially all the screenshots with arrows; in the other FE4 LP I sometimes got a little lost as to what was going on where. Here, the arrows help quite a bit in being able to follow exactly what's going on, especially since I'm not as familiar with FE4 as I am with other games in the series. It reminds me of PaulPower and his Advance Wars LPs, which is a very good thing.

Also do more DBZ comparisons, they are hilarious (and accurate).

fade5 fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jul 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
My baseline for recruiting enemy characters is "if you have to ask if the recruitment is too hard, it's too hard". Yeah you might be able to figure out that Ayra is recruitable, and her recruitment isn't as dickish as some of the stuff in FE5 or FE6, but like you said:

quote:

But even then, the game tells you almost nothing about HOW you're supposed to recruit her, or anyone else. For all you know, she'll just automatically join you at the end of the Chapter, regardless of whether you kill her or not. Or maybe you have to find a way to keep her alive for the whole Chapter while you go knock down Kinbois, Gandolf, and whatever other bosses you fight. Or maybe recruiting her is something that happens after you kill every enemy unit but her?
Knowing exactly how to recruit her boils down to: you know or you don't. It would be one thing if the guidebook told you exactly how to recruit her, but since even the guidebook doesn't tell you then you're left with trial and error/cheating, which is the worst kind of Fire Emblem gameplay.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Fionordequester posted:

Hmm...now here's a conundrum. I actually changed my mind about who to pair Aira with. For reference, I was originally going to pair Dew with Aira since that pair is by far the best pairing for an AAAA Ranked run...but then I decided I wasn't comfortable pairing a 13 year old with anyone. So, she's gonna get hitched to Ardan instead...except, I already completed the Chapter now. So, I ask you, would you all mind if I hacked their love growth to where it would've been had I kept the two together (305 out of 500 points)? And then I'd put a blurb in the previous posts about what I should've done?
Just pair Dew and Aira anyway. This is a max rank run, play it like a max rank run.:colbert:

Seriously, a lot of Fire Emblem (and especially this game) gets uncomfortable if you think about it too hard. Do you ignore Nanna/Chad/Lugh/Nino/Ross/Amelia/Ewan/Mist/Donny et al for the same reason? Just play the game and don't worry about it.