Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Hey, look what lp is back from the dead. Good use of the valkyrie staff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Crystalgate posted:

I wonder if the official ages references to when the characters join you or when the prologue starts. It doesn't matter that much though, at least not in this generation, since the very youngest characters join too early for it to make a significant difference.

Anyway, I love how Sigurd is all "I didn't intend to conquer Augustria, it just happened".

Sigurd accidentally conquering half the world is the best thing about this game's plot.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Fionordequester posted:

The game ships, and what do they see? They see a game that's sold well enough to save the franchise and make it popular again! So what do they do for the sequel? Why, they oughtta do even MORE of what helped Awakening to sell! Now we have face rubbing! We have Zero the bi-sexual philanderor! You can even use your male character to seduce a lesbian! Fates has a little something for EVERYONE! If you want it, Fates has got it!

...And the sad thing is, I'm not even sure I could've asked Awakening to be much different. I don't think that stuff was needed, but...well, it's kind of hard to argue with the results. :sigh: ...

Honestly it's worth giving conquest a shot because the actual strategy game bit is probably one of the best, if not the best, in the series. There's just a poo poo ton of pandering to ignore to get at it :sigh:

As far as other strategy rpgs that go for heartstrings I feel like disgaea doesn't do it often, but the couple of times it did they really went for it.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Or that could happen indeed. A really fitting way for things to go with how much you talked up langbert

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Not only that, but even without the wyvern ambush, they're still attacking through a desert, on horseback a castle with siege tome equipped mages on platforms his army can't possibly reach. Even if he just wants to reinforce Sigurd he has to run past there getting pelted all the way. What exactly was his plan here?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

rannum posted:

wait are there seriously no gen 2 units with axes

If memory serves there are exactly three and two are mutually exclusive. No children though. People do promote into them though

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

See you guys lie trapped by wanting a literal translation. The best translation is clearly "Alvis' Bitchim' Castle"

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Junpei posted:

Oh.
Sorry.

The only real mistake you made was in thinking the ai is playing by the same rules as the player. The player has to win every battle, the ai only needs to win 1.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I dont see any room for reinforcements and what made the final map of advance wars bog down was that it chokepointed ground units so you had 4 armies fighting over an area of 9-12 tiles, 3 of which were player controlled and tripping over each other. If omni doesn't have stuff spawning in, the chokepoints break significantly easier, leading to a better rate of progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Id be down for sure