Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I agree with all the points fade5 said, especially the DBZ comparisons. Please continue them forever.

Also I hope that the new patch doesn't make Sigurd any less of a bro because I really enjoy his dialogue here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Going into the technical stuff would probably be a good idea, especially when there's precise number manipulation in order to save as much time as possible. It'll make it easier to understand.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I've played a lot of RPGs in my life. Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi, Pokemon, a bit of Dragon Quest, and unaffiliated RPGs like the Dragon Ball ones.

Basically any example would work well for me, I think.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'll give Dobarl this: at least he realizes that all of his men are useless. A bit too late, but at least he did it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I wish I could say removing Kaga meant that all the creepy things like incest he loves are out of the series but...Fates.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Uhh, those are some min-maxed stats, Ardan. That's...that's about all the good I can say for them, but wow, he sure knows what stats he likes.

Also you forgot an [i] tag in the Sigurd/Aira conversation.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This just appeared in my Tumblr feed. It's from Cipher, and well, it looks awesome so I might as well post it here.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Please don't suddenly call characters by romanized names no one uses. Using the current terminology is fine but romanizing stupidly for the sake of it is bad, be it from a fan or from an official translation (hi, War of the Lions).

Also changing anime is an insult to this very anime franchise.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I can't get over the Axe Fighters' incredibly silly walk. That's so dumb, I love it.

Also, if it isn't much of a bother, could you put the children's parents in their character analysis posts? I completely forgot who came from who (ignoring Celice, obviously) and that does have an effect on growths and all.

Talking about children, Lester always confused me. IntSys decides that children are connected to mothers...then puts a child that looks literally identical to Lex. Who may be anyone's son. And this isn't the only example of this. I guess they wanted to make sure the player knew there were "canon" pairings, but it's so weird.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That'd be really cool. Speedruns are always fun.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ooooh, Super comparisons! We're moving further into the Dragon Ball timeline here!

You put that Arthur could be his own dad at the very beginning of Arthur's description, I think you meant Azel there. Also, is there any point in saying Julia's parents are "??? & ???" when we already know her mother, and you mention her mother?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Fionordequester posted:

Leen: Whew... that’s a relief. For a second there I thought you had to go to battle.

Aless: If war breaks out, I will go. All mercenaries will. Besides, I heard that Sigurd’s son is commanding the rebels. Sigurd was the sworn enemy of my father. His boy is as good as dead if I get my hands on him.

...Cripes. Am I gonna to have to break out Senator Armstrong's theme again?

Leen: Hahaha... you just don’t let up, do you? Your father and that Sigurd guy were both knights. Well, their job was killing people. Am I right? Sometimes I have to dance for disgusting men, but that’s a part of my job! We do what we do to survive! So don’t hold a grudge over someone else’s livelihood.

Aless: ...You’ve got a good point, Leen. I’m just in a difficult position, that’s all.

Well, that's how it was with your father, and...he became this game's Camus. You'd best not repeat the same mistake :ohdear: ...

Shouldn't this image be on top of the convo and not at the end? It seems to be the beginning of it.

Also...

>making GBS threads on Future Trunks
>not making GBS threads on Uub
>saying Shin has a reason to exist

This is the Bad Dragon Ball Opinions update, huh? I'll accept it, if only because the LP is back, but they're bad opinions.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Now I'm imagining that "are you mad?" "I'm not mad" Pop Team Epic gag but with Jabarro and Aless.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Fionordequester posted:

Nope, still not dead yet! This LP's like a snail crossing the Golden Gate bridge. It's gonna take a while, but eventually we're gonna make it to the end :cheeky: !

Well, this is the Dragon Ball Fire Emblem LP. This pace is to be expected, I guess!

this is a joke don't kill me, death is permanent here

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Fionordequester posted:

Oh hey, never saw this from the last update. Where's that scene, now? Not sure if it's on Youtube, or not :cheeky: .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC8RwJXlgTM

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Great to see this back! It's kind of weird to have concurrent FE4 runs with different translations, kind of neat to see the different names though.

Also thanks to the hiatus you got to make comparisons to at least one character that didn't exist before, so I guess it was a good thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Don't think too hard about it. Update when you feel like it, it's pretty obvious which LP is which, I don't think anyone will get confused.