Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

I wish this was my Smash main.

Dr Pepper posted:

Please continue to compare the cast to DBZ characters. :allears:

I... can totally support this; definitely an interesting read in general, and I look forward to more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

Junpei posted:

Don't worry.

Also, I thought that Sigurd's kid was named Seliph, not Celice. Alternate translation?

The translation being used here predates Awakening; a LOT of names you'll see here are different from ones you saw in Awakening. Aside from Celice -> Seliph, there's Levin -> Lewyn, Lachesis -> Raquesis, Jamka -> Jamke, Cuan -> Quan, Ethlin -> Ethlyn, Fin -> Finn, Ardan -> Arden, Alvis -> Arvis and Aira -> Ayra. And that's just people we've seen up to this point.

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

Senerio posted:

Honestly, the biggest sticking point that makes me want to suggest just keeping with the original mistranslations is Serlis. I got so used to Celice before awakening and Seliph afterwards that I think that we should just keep the mistranslations.

Also Aoife/Oifaye/Oifey too for the same reason. Especially because we've been calling him Oifaye in the story up to now.

I agree with this, especially on the 2nd gen lord's name. Celice looks perfectly fine, and Seliph is, well, official.... but Serlis has always looked unusual to me, and not in a good way. As for the tactician kid, that's the first I've ever even seen Aoife; Oifaye and Oifey are the most common things I see for him.

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

Oh, right, the DB comparisons were a thing. Glad to see they're back for now, and holy hell, Celice. For level 11 that's insanity.