Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
No islands, bring on the craters!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

BastardySkull posted:

Beta access for preorders has been cancelled suddenly by ubi with no explanation, apparently.

Yeah, but instead you get an EXCLUSIVE COMMAND SHIP.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
So, if I'm a guy who loved the heck out of the other games in the series, but held back buying because I've been burned on a preorder before, is it safe to buy this game?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

FoiledShenanigans posted:

But then you still have to factor in that that 1 CEO is guzzling down literal tons of luxury food and champagne..

Why does this seem unreasonable to you?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Bhodi posted:

This game is great, the 20 second unskippable seizure warning at the beginning is not.

That's why you should do eight hour marathons instead of playing for 30 minutes here and there.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Chief Savage Man posted:

You mean Anno 2502. :colbert:

Thank you.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I've got 109 hours in 2070 and I'm not even a crazy person. $30 for everything is a good price.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

queeb posted:

wait is dawn of of discovery and dawn of discovery venice different things? i thought I had both, are they seperate entries in the steam library?

Venice is the expansion pack. It adds new stuff and espionage mechanics.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Michaellaneous posted:

Give me the news doctor.
How bad is it?

Well, the problem isn't serious, but we have to cut out a few things and you'll notice them. The good news is that some of the things cut were causing you pain, so you might actually feel even better than you did before.

The best news is that this is an elective procedure and prices can only go down. If you're really nervous, wait until Christmas and there might be a sale.

That said, I think it's worth it.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
It's as mandatory as the cell phone game.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Orbit DLC is just a black hole that you shovel credits into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Agean90 posted:

My favorite is the organic food.

Yes arable land, water, and energy are at a premium, but god forbid we use pesticides and gene modded crops to make things more efficient.

I like to think that by this point in time they call it organic food to distinguish it from inorganic food, like mudcakes.

• Locked thread