Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Wow, they actually renewed this lovely show? It was a great premise, but then you had terrible characters, a white British dude with blue eyes playing an Arab, and just terrible plots that went nowhere. It was even too boring to hate watch.

The wife was way worse than both the kids combined. She was so, so horrendously dumb that it kinda became hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Toplowtech posted:

I am even more surprised that show got renewed than i was with Halt and Catch Fire. Also Molly al-Fayeed is litterally the most stupid character ever, the only thing that would make her really stupid advices to Barry make any sense would be that she is an intelligence officer charged by Barry's mother to 1) give her grand-children and 2) railroad her stupid son back to the country when it's needed, but her whole "oh they are badly treating our servants" arc confirmed it: nope, she is just stupid.

Isn't she supposed to be a doctor too? She's the worst actor, but it's not like she's got much to work with. Barry is like "I come from a massively unstable Middle Eastern country and my father is a crazed dictator who literally has people hanged in the street." and she's like "He's your father! We must visit and take our gay son!"

I was hoping her story arc would be that she'd go mad with power and start abusing servants and going on insane shopping sprees. Or get any sort of interesting storyline.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Dead Snoopy posted:

Even in death, Barry's kids remain the WORST.

Are they actually dead? I can't be bothered to watch this show at the moment and am relying on goons for updates.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Thanks to this thread I've saved about 12 hours of my life by not watching the second season of this lovely show. I was curious about how they'd end it.

Sad to see that they killed the daughter off. She seemed to be the only member of the family with any common sense or knowledge of international news.

• Locked thread