Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Dead Snoopy posted:

I had to snicker that during Barry's time in the desert, when he cures "rain, Goddamit" he gets nothing but the SECOND he starts wailing about Allah, hope eventually arrives

Because he is going to become a religious fanatic that turns the "Abbudin spring" into the "Islamic State of Abbudin"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Jamal should just let the pseudo-IS kill all the Chinese, which will make the Chinese exterminate the pseudo IS.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Vodos posted:

The rebel dude was kidnapped by an ISIS-like "caliphate" and is now invading with them. They came into Bassam's village and snatched the young wife while Bassam tried to flee to Lebanon but it looks like he's now gonna fight ISIS by himself or something. There was also a completely ridiculous air strike by 4 of Jamal's attack choppers and ISIS shot down 3 of them because they were flying like 20 feet high. Molly, the lawyer and the son just got into the country as ISIS attacked, nothing else happened with them really. I've already forgotten everything else.

There was also Jamal's bastard who might or might not be the 2nd in command of the army (not sure). Given the fact that uncle Gas-'em-all is failing at everything, he might become the new strong man in Abu-Deen.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
What is even the point of Molly and lawyer guy? Bassam doesn't seem like the type that is going to be jelly, especially since his type seems to be more the middle-eastern and not the middle-western woman.

I think the show could have been miles better if they had cut the whole "golden boy brother returns from America" poo poo and just made it about the drama inside a middle-eastern palace. I guess Berry works on some level this season as our window into the caliphate on the ground.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Arbite posted:

I guess the Tyrant's collapse from madness to non-functionality was always going to be a part of the show.

That take on a wartime romance was, I dunno, cute? Quirky? Inventively off putting? Original. It was original. So good for it, I guess.

Original? It's was extremely predictable, just like the whole attack on the "red hand".

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

Has Barry slept with the other white middle easterner yet? Has Barry's wife slept with the lawyer yet?

Barry is not going to sleep with her cause he has reconnected to his wife, who slept next to lawyer dude but no intercourse.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
I like that all you need to beat the faux-IS is $10million and a somewhat experienced leader and for some reason faux-IS did not bring their Jedi-RPG gunners with them to this city, cause they would have wrecked the Apaches. That makes me wonder, what kind of mercenary group is that? They have a squadron of Apaches, transport helicopter and a good number of infantry but only cost $10 million? Or did they use a groupon coupon?

But at least we got a black guy wearing a tanktop and his pal wearing cool sunglasses while jumping out of their helicopter in the most outrageous way possible

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

netally posted:

Thanks to this thread I've saved about 12 hours of my life by not watching the second season of this lovely show. I was curious about how they'd end it.

Sad to see that they killed the daughter off. She seemed to be the only member of the family with any common sense or knowledge of international news.

They did not kill her, they just left her in the US of A and never talked about her again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
This season is severely lacking more Jamal scenes but it would all be forgiven if the daughter gets decapitated.

• Locked thread