Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

The whole Molly/lawyer plot really bugs the crap out of me. Like, I know there's a 100% chance they kiss in Abudeen, and that's gonna be terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Rocksicles posted:

This season by and large has been pretty good.

I'm enjoying Undercover Brother/Agent Bassam.
Jamal continues to be 3 leagues above the show, Molly and Lawyer Face are just left drowning in poo poo writing and patheticness.

I agree. I never had as many problems with the first season as some here, but this season has been an improvement on almost every level.

Molly and the lawyer are absolutely terrible though. Even Sammy is more engaging than them these days.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

GaussianCopula posted:

What is even the point of Molly and lawyer guy? Bassam doesn't seem like the type that is going to be jelly, especially since his type seems to be more the middle-eastern and not the middle-western woman.

I think the show could have been miles better if they had cut the whole "golden boy brother returns from America" poo poo and just made it about the drama inside a middle-eastern palace. I guess Berry works on some level this season as our window into the caliphate on the ground.

Well I mean he's been married to an American woman for 20 years, so it's fair to say that's more his type than his childhood crush (in a middle-eastern country where there weren't any women like Molly). There is no point, however, to lawyer guy.

I think Barry's time away from Abuddin gave the character a believable outsider perspective that was sorely needed for the events of the series to unfold. He's also more sympathetic and easier to root for than Jamal, an unapologetic rapist who mentally shattered his daughter-in-law to the point where I fully expect her to commit suicide at some point this season.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

TheRationalRedditor posted:

They killed off sexy gay indian prince-general in a throwaway scene as a part of a child kidnapping plot. This is like the worst of '24' all over again

I think if the show is going to go down the "Barry gets corrupted by the office and becomes his father" path, the general being killed in this particular way will be a very important moment for that arc. Removing him removes one more voice of reason from Barry's ear and gives an official, non-personal justification (whether the daughter lives or dies) for Barry to go scorched-earth on the Caliphate and its sympathizers.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Been nice knowing ya, that whole entire part of the country. Have fun being a smoking crater in the earth.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Arbite posted:

Two weeks of not terrible episodes. Still, there's a Jamal shaped hole.

Eh, his over-the-top villainy was fun and his character at its core was interesting, but I feel like the show is better now than it's ever been.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Solice Kirsk posted:

So it's this season worth watching? If not can someone just post pictures of Jamal's wife and her dresses?

If you liked the other seasons at all this one is worth watching. Unless you just loved Jamal, in which case no.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Emma had as much screen time in this episode, after her death, as she had over the rest of the series put together.

Also yeah, it seems crazy that they were just looking at satellite video of the rest of the leadership out in the open in a seemingly isolated area and didn't just carpet bomb the place.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Crusty Nutsack posted:

So the show has basically been rebooted, where Barry and Molly are now the tyrants and not the good guys anymore. Oooook

And it's actually been done pretty convincingly. I'm really enjoying the show this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Keyser S0ze posted:

You'd think the producers would have ended the season with an actual ending - just in case they got whacked. It felt more like a next-to-last episode, meh.

For my part I was genuinely surprised it got cancelled. I don't personally know anyone else who watches it, but it's not like that was new, and I figured if it was getting near-weekly extra long episodes and uncensored "fucks" then it must have been considered worthwhile by someone in charge.

• Locked thread