Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Still amazed we're getting Season 2 of Tyrant & NO season 3 of The Bridge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

If it kept the same casting then probably not much at all.

Wasn't that when Ang Lee was attached to the pilot? He later bailed.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
obvious producer notes of the season - Jamal doesn't seem DICTATOR enough. Can we have him walk around in a military uniform w/ lots of comical medals to really drive home the point, please?

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
obvious producer's notes - yeah, so adding the sister-in-law, regardless of how hot, really brought nothing to the table that is Barry's cruddy family. We thought she was going to be the sex-bomb free spirit who hosed w/ Arab traditions or maybe even teased being sold into white slavery but the coup came along faster than we expected and introduced her too late. Now she's kinda like this show's 'Poochie'. So if we could make no mention of her in season 2 and pretend that didn't happen, that would be great.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I had to snicker that during Barry's time in the desert, when he cures "rain, Goddamit" he gets nothing but the SECOND he starts wailing about Allah, hope eventually arrives

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Even in death, Barry's kids remain the WORST.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
The kids are alive and almost non-entities. Barry is "dead" and it's discovered that Sammy get $100 million & the daughter promptly starts whining about how it isn't fair because she's a girl. Like they went their entire lives know gently caress all about anything to do w/ Arabic culture.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Seriously couldn't even get through 50% of this week's episode. I could even accept it being bad tv if it was just...interesting. I'd even take the writers from EMPIRE to just take a chainsaw to this show.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I feel like you are the only one I can trust oh....anonymous man on the telephone obviously talking through a cloth.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I'm sure I've said this before but I can't help but wonder how AMAZING this show would be if the team behind Empire just took over for a season. Quick changing characterizations and plot directions repeatedly, like the cliff notes of writing instead of actually plotting the show properly, only they don't have the excuse of having to crank oit 'x' amount of musical numbers per episode. Toss in sound juicier soundbites and tell the actors to act extra hammy and this show would almost be tolerable, though not in a way I'd admit to my friends.

Meantime we've got most of Team Barry living on enemy soil while the not ready to be Daniek Radcliff son cavorts w/ chicks who assume white guys aren't gay and Barry's phone calls from the grave don't trigger any alarms in the mind of his brother.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I, the dictator, will give this long winded refusal of resignation, in an awkwardly framed wide lens shot for over half a min.

*BANG BANG BANG*

(shocker)

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
How the gently caress did this show get a 3rd season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
watch season 2 while muti-taking, like folding laundry or vaccuming

• Locked thread