Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax

Stultus Maximus posted:

Also it's something you only do when the other car is at least as nice as yours.

Where did you get this stupid idea? Taking up two spots is never ok, blocking their driver side door is probably the most tame "lesson".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

THE BOMBINATRIX posted:

Where did you get this stupid idea? Taking up two spots is never ok, blocking their driver side door is probably the most tame "lesson".

If their car is less nice than yours, it greatly increases the chances that they'll slam their doors into you or scrape you on the way out.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Scratch Monkey posted:

north charleston city hall looks like a shopping mall

edit: ha! way to be a poo poo in every way imaginable

The real crime here is they took the photo vertically.

THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax

Stultus Maximus posted:

If their car is less nice than yours, it greatly increases the chances that they'll slam their doors into you or scrape you on the way out.

Sorry I misread, sometimes i don't read good

StickySweater
Feb 7, 2008

You can tell this is from the Financial Times, but they have an effective paywall so no point in looking for a link.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

What's this from? Very appropriate for this thread.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
RT documentary on the YPJ boot camp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqI0a4VgEs8

I know, it's Russia Today, but this one is pretty cool and has only one mention to russia in the entire program.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Slavvy posted:

What's this from? Very appropriate for this thread.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/11198378/Why-British-Muslims-need-a-poppy-hijab-to-remember-World-War-One.html

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

This dude was drinking next to us at the Whig tonight and lookin super awkward

MERICA I LOVE MY KIDS

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

Hail the true colors of the rebellion.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Imgur front page roundup

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

http://jebtwentysixteen.tumblr.com/

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

THE BOMBINATRIX posted:

Holy poo poo, the bumper sticker is bad enough but they're taking up 5 parking spaces. It's like they're daring someone to key their truck.

I'd try something like this to teach them a lesson but they'd probably just end up shooting me.

http://gawker.com/parking-jerk-taught-a-valuable-lesson-about-not-taking-977196808

I've executed this flavor of justice myself, and it feels great:

The best part was the guy got back to his car just before I did later that day. I saw him getting ready to wind up and kick my car. He must have assumed I was a girl from the car, because when he saw my 6'4" self approaching he ran to the passenger side of his car and jumped in and just waited for me to leave.

The MUMPSorceress fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jun 23, 2015

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I've executed this flavor of justice myself, and it feels great:

The best part was the guy got back to his car just before I did later that day. I saw him getting ready to wind up and kick my car. He must have assumed I was a girl from the car, because when he saw my 6'4" self approaching he ran to the passenger side of his car and jumped in and just waited for me to leave.

Are you this guy?

Content:

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

I'm pretty sure no one ever connects the KKK with Norway.

Dwarf planet Ceres found to have a pyramid-shaped mountain, in addition to the previously discovered strange bright spots.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
maybe i'm blind, but i don't see anything pyramid-shaped in that image

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

LordArgh posted:

maybe this will help you

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Jesus Christ you Americans are pieces of loving poo poo

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I'm down with bashing America as much as the next non-yank, but most americans I've met are p cool.

Plus, they get the confederate flag products right once in a while:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

JoelJoel posted:

I'm down with bashing America as much as the next non-yank, but most americans I've met are p cool.

Plus, they get the confederate flag products right once in a while:

The toilet paper stuff is hilarious.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgvBPTZiQNE

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Zesty fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jun 24, 2015

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

LordArgh posted:

This collection of images from May 12th may help.

edit: credit for this goes to unmannedspaceflight.com user ZLD who gathered the images and created the gif.

edit 2: this mountain is 5km in elevation from base to peak.

fermun fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jun 24, 2015

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

I never thought I'd be happy to see yet another lubed up man-ass.

fermun posted:

This collection of images from May 12th may help.

edit: credit for this goes to unmannedspaceflight.com user ZLD who gathered the images and created the gif.

edit 2: this mountain is 5km in elevation from base to peak.

This just in, mountain is mountain-shaped.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-33245800

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

It is a steep mountain a dwarf planet which has no plate tectonics. A solitary 5km(16,000 foot) mountain without any foothills on a non-geologically active body and there is no crater centered around it so it does not immediately look like a crater's central peak, geologically inert so not an upwelling of magma followed by erosion. There are a couple of possible explanations for its existence but its presence was totally unexpected and weird.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

fermun posted:

It is a steep mountain a dwarf planet which has no plate tectonics. A solitary 5km(16,000 foot) mountain without any foothills on a non-geologically active body and there is no crater centered around it so it does not immediately look like a crater's central peak, geologically inert so not an upwelling of magma followed by erosion. There are a couple of possible explanations for its existence but its presence was totally unexpected and weird.

Yeah this. It's up there for the weirdest poo poo we've found in the solar system thus far and makes absolutely no sense at all.

Mine the asteroids, eradicate scarcity.

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

I never thought I'd be happy to see yet another lubed up man-ass.
No, I get all that, I agree it's groundbreaking and all. I was just poking fun at the whole "pyramid shaped mountain" bit.

Also yes, mine all the asteroids.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Slavvy posted:

Mine the asteroids, eradicate scarcity.

Steer the asteroids, eradicate humanity.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
the mountain is cool and all, but calling it a pyramid is sensationalist bullshit. that cnn article even refers to it as a "structure", implying it was made by some kind of intelligence. science journalism is poo poo.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LordArgh posted:

the mountain is cool and all, but calling it a pyramid is sensationalist bullshit. that cnn article even refers to it as a "structure", implying it was made by some kind of intelligence. science journalism is poo poo.

http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/Structural+Geology

quote:

The term “structure” is understood in structural geology to mean the spatial arrangement of rocks and of bedding irregularities resulting primarily from diastrophism. The principal task of structural geology is to investigate the external appearance (morphology) of structural forms, the kinematic processes of the displacement of matter that lead to the formation of structures, and the dynamic conditions (the arrangement and nature of the applied forces causing deformation) involved.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Scrolled down and expected a goatman reference before I looked properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
If you ever want to feel better about the state of race relations in the US, ask an European what they think of Gypsies/Romani.

• Locked thread