Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

Volcott posted:

If you ever want to feel better about the state of race relations in the US, ask an European what they think of Gypsies/Romani.

:smith:

quote:

"I was walking down Moore Street Dublin on a Sunday when I was passed by a family of Romany Gypsies and then I heard behind me a bunch of Irish teenage girls shouting abuse at them and thinking they were very funny. They then picked up old fruit from the stalls and were throwing this at the Romany Gypsies, this escalated as the Gypsies responded verbally. Then further as one teenage girl found an old stallholders plastic chair and ran after the Gypsies hitting the woman pictured from behind. The woman tries to protect her baby wrapped in her arm in blankets...."

The difference is that in the US, these types of people are more likely to shoot the object of their hatred. If this sort of thing makes anyone "feel better", take a moment to consider that if you need hosed up poo poo to offset how hosed up and lovely you feel about other hosed up poo poo, well, that's hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

The Sausages posted:

The difference is that in the US, these types of people are more likely to shoot the object of their hatred.

The traditional method is a little more involved than just shooting.

Modern methods are only slightly less involved, but demonstrate the same brutality and still bring me shame as a human being.

That is the prosecutor there, holding the chains used to drag James Byrd.

LeJackal fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jun 24, 2015

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Imagine you're an extraterrestrial civilization passing through the solar system - you note the one planet covered in complicated organic matter. If you were interested in seeing other space travelers where would you leave something to find?

The secret of good science fiction is a certain level of plausibility.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

McDowell posted:

Imagine you're an extraterrestrial civilization passing through the solar system - you note the one planet covered in complicated organic matter. If you were interested in seeing other space travelers where would you leave something to find?
Bathroom stall walls at bars and truck stops.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
How accurate is this article depicting the south?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/06/24/us-usa-shooting-whitesupremacists-insigh-idUSKBN0P41R320150624

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Slavvy posted:

Yeah this. It's up there for the weirdest poo poo we've found in the solar system thus far and makes absolutely no sense at all.

Mine the asteroids, eradicate scarcity.

I thought one of the definitions of a planet was that it cleared its orbit...?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ron Jeremy posted:

It only has to have cleared its orbit of any bodies of comparable size. Pluto fails this test because of Charon.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Ron Jeremy posted:

It's hard to clear the stable Lagrangian points (L4 + L5) because they exist in gravitational equilibrium.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

haveblue posted:

It only has to have cleared its orbit of any bodies of comparable size. Pluto fails this test because of Charon.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
"They never sent so much as an unmanned probe"

New Horizons is actually set to do a flyby next month.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
From 4chan /pol/, of all places. There's no need to make it illegal, but it belongs in a museum, not flying outside the statehouse.

Volcott fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jun 24, 2015

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Ron Jeremy posted:

Ceres is a dwarf planet, it directly orbits the sun and is large enough that its gravity overpowers its structural integrity so it has been pulled into a spherical shape.

Casket of Reverend Pinckney.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

murphyslaw
Feb 16, 2007
It never fails

William Chumley says it like it is RE: the newest columbia massacre. It wouldn't have happened if they didn't have a :fuckoff: :can:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

murphyslaw
Feb 16, 2007
It never fails

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

quote:

Once a refugee from Cuba, he now heads a small organization called “Americans Have Had Enough” founded to combat an "invasion" of undocumented immigrants.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
West sighed as he drew his katana

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_HPFoelMQc

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Here's some of the trashy crap for sale in gas stations and tourist traps in Florida and Georgia.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
you see this sort of poo poo at gun shows all the time, but that "This is the only Woodstock I remember" always struck me as pretty clever.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

That's my favorite political image. This is my second:

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

gently caress SNEEP posted:

That's my favorite political image. This is my second:

I'd say they're my favorite ironic and unironic images, but that wouldn't leave room for this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I thought I'd heard all the various confederate apologist arguments but I'd dearly love to know how the rebellion was 'the first war against terrorism'. The terrorism of non-slavery? Or what?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

:colbert:

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Slavvy posted:

I thought I'd heard all the various confederate apologist arguments but I'd dearly love to know how the rebellion was 'the first war against terrorism'. The terrorism of non-slavery? Or what?

Probably intended for the slavery apologist "Bleeding Kansas was abolitionist aggression against innocent slave owners" types.

And, IIRC, the first "war against terrorism" would probably be better defined as the French suppression of the Hugeonots in the 1500s, as the Hugeonots carried out a number of assassinations and as a result Catholic Frenchmen responded by slaughtering large numbers of people, and France spent the latter half of the century in civil war. Alternatively in the 1800s we have the British reaction to the French revolution and the Terror, unrest in Ireland, or the opposition to the Carbonari nationalists in Italy.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Kopijeger posted:

"They never sent so much as an unmanned probe"

New Horizons is actually set to do a flyby next month.

That cartoon was drawn years ago though, by Tim Kreider.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

That cartoon was drawn years ago though, by Tim Kreider.

The cartoon was published in 2005, and New Horizons had been approved in 2001, even though it did not launch until 2006.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Kopijeger posted:

The cartoon was published in 2005, and New Horizons had been approved in 2001, even though it did not launch until 2006.

:laffo: 15 km in an hour, that's about twice as fast as the current men's 100m freestyle world record... for a full hour

↓↓↓↓ I looked it up, and 15kph is about 50% faster than what the experts say is the upper boundary of river flow speeds in the wild (3m/s). Most rivers stay well below 1m/s ↓↓↓↓

wayfinder fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jun 25, 2015

Hexaemeron
Oct 19, 2003

Florence Henderson's hand-jobs have Wesonality!

wayfinder posted:

:laffo: 15 km in an hour, that's about twice as fast as the current men's 100m freestyle world record... for a full hour

On the other hand, olympic swimming pools rarely have currents to help the competitors along. The Yangtze is fairly fast. You could probably dog-paddle for an hour and go almost 15 km.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Just in case pictures of text don't count:

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/zaVZXXz.jpg:nws:

budgieinspector fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jun 25, 2015

THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax

wayfinder posted:

↓↓↓↓ I looked it up, and 15kph is about 50% faster than what the experts say is the upper boundary of river flow speeds in the wild (3m/s). Most rivers stay well below 1m/s ↓↓↓↓

Good going Goonlord, you sure showed those Chinese journalists from the '60s... :rolleyes:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

budgieinspector posted:

Just in case pictures of text don't count:

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/zaVZXXz.jpg:nws:

Just want to say that I love that FB post almost as much as this (linked because huge GIF).

http://i.imgur.com/DgHOXqa.gif

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

THE BOMBINATRIX posted:

Good going Goonlord, you sure showed those Chinese journalists from the '60s... :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

• Locked thread