Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

You're not allowed to crumble unless I say so.
An Advertising creative I worked with got into hot water when his old college project was found in the trash. It was one of those classic alarm clocks (think clock with two bells) attached to a handful of red tubes and wires to look like a cliche "bomb." He made it as a project for a marketing class and threw it out.

He got arrested and eventually cleared of charges of mischief. Now it's a funny anecdote he tells at parties.

NYTimes article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/07/17/nyregion/the-bomb-was-fake-the-handcuffs-real.html

If they were so certain it was a bomb, where was the evacuation? The bomb-squad? It was a goddamn circuit board attached to a monitor and a power supply.

So this is a bomb? (Randomly found "cardboard computer" on imgur)

The kid has vowed to never bring inventions into school again. This is so frustratingly dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

Hey another black child having hopelessness, and mistrust/hatred of authority being beaten into him. :sigh:

An ejected, unconscious pt, lying beside an unstable vehicle, being beaten by a gang of police officers. :psyduck: What the gently caress? Any more to this story?

IIRC the man that's unconscious previously ran over a state trooper in a hit and run thereby starting the chase. I guess that's justifiable if they were just angry citizens. Being cops it just makes them look like thugs.

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

I'm curious as to what reasonings and basis the rapist's claims of custody/visitation rights were. Does this apply to convicted rapists? Does this mean that convicted rapist has more rights than their victims?

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

Called a Fasces in congress:

I think it's an old Roman symbol.

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

To be fair "private schools" in England would be called "public schools" in the States. And "private schools" in the States would be called "public schools" in England.

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

More of a video game.

Pfft, that anime did become a video game for SNES as UN Squadron.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.N._Squadron-

Man I want to replay that now.

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

I can't remember if it covered the big factor of WWI era PTSD being caused more by constant shelling and low level 'boring' fear for one's life (Subaltern on the Somme is a good one for that).

Shellshock (and a shitload of deaths) primarily came from artillery/heavy guns. Seeing thousands of fellow soldiers ripped apart by machines when most conscripts who were from farms had absolutely nothing to compare it to was more than horrific.

Google some of the drawings of Otto Dix. It looks like the cover of a metalocaylpse album but that poo poo was real.

Here's one:

Ritz On Toppa Ritz fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Apr 2, 2016

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Intelligence services had a really bad habit of hiring Nazis after WWII.

Who better to do your dirty work?

poo poo, NASA wouldn't exist without Nazi scientists.

edit:Still pretty unsettling I will admit

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
More like Kazoos

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

Panty Saluter posted:

The Marines are a department of the Navy tho?? Shouldn't he know this????

"M"y "A"ss "R"ides "I"n "N"avy "E"quipment "S"ir (I know, it's not a sir-sandwich but it fits)

It's a stereotype that Marines are basically dumb. Like how even Navy pilots joke about their HUDs that show "LEFT" and and arrow and they say that "arrows are for the Marine Pilots" yuk yuk

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

Someone made a Trump brush:

http://rebrn.com/re/paint-with-donald-trump-832108/

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

That fake smile is exactly like his Taco Bowl pic.

Ritz On Toppa Ritz fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Sep 16, 2016

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

This is really amazing and incredibly worrisome at the same time.

Look forward to the Alex Jones version.

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

Freudian slip the video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

In more disappointing news:

Woman alleges Franken groped, kissed her without consent:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/16/politics/al-franken-sexual-harassment/index.html

• Locked thread