Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Snowman Crossing posted:

:nms::biotruths:https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/jun/20/transgender-dad-breastfeeding-pregnancy-trevor-macdonald:biotruths::nms:

There's nothing nms about man milk, you bigot.

https://youtu.be/q7xXxehhEvs

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a1AHDNTXYSA&feature=youtu.be&t=1m25s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

May I propose an alternate shirt for this prof

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Bip Roberts posted:

What does an astrophysics PhD teach about global warming?

Are you this guy's dad?

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

This is a case study in touching the poop

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

haveblue posted:

I'm not sure how to parse "Never Trust a Liberal Over 3 - Especially a Republican".

I have seen this before; sometimes pundits claim there are such things as liberal republicans. Sometimes the mythical beasts are blamed for the party's ills, sometimes they're touted as something the bad dem liberals should aspire to be. You don't hear about them too often, though.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

vorebane posted:

The author, in a picture he presumably picked out himself.
someone else got there first of course brb

Why is the min of the Y axis 3? To make it look like only half of homicides are gun-related?

e: is that data stacked? Like did they add the gun number underneath the overall in addition to manipulating the axis? nm, looks like 5-8% is normal for a /100k rate. Seems like a lot.

theres a will theres moe fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Sep 11, 2016

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Cugel the Clever posted:

Way to completely discount class struggle, you racist gently caress. Narrow-minded idiots like you are one of the reasons why notable segments of the once reliably left-leaning working class in Western countries have mired themselves in the politics of hopelessness, racism, and ultra-conservatism.

Woo, salty!
Remember, Cugel, there's no class system in the US! Land o' the free and all that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVJtWhkA6rg&t=10s

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

I would buy this bumper sticker

e: vvv Thanks!

theres a will theres moe fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Sep 24, 2016

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

MizPiz posted:

That is a woman who has had more than one person thrown into a vat of hydrofluoric acid while they were still alive.

The retard who made that should have put his pants all the way down around his ankles. It's the reason he was ever a meme in the first place ffs.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Ein cooler Typ posted:

in the middle east she would be stoned to death for removing her hijab

but America is the misogynistic country

gently caress yeah bro. Hell yeah.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
I am stepping on a mine here but Megyn Kelly is exhibiting a pattern of exposing shitheads only after it is too late to do anything and there's no risk left for her.

theres a will theres moe fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Nov 17, 2016

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Wheany posted:

from https://twitter.com/jimpjorps/status/809143789210243072

Some observations from the twitter thread:
"oh, the $18.45 is 123% of $15. I think this guy thinks Fight for 15 wants $15 after taxes, but also per day and not hourly. imagine being someone who opposes Fight for 15, because you think $15/DAY is excessive"

"23% tax bracket at 1.23 is 0.95 which means the guy at the beginning couldn't afford this milk"

Also the higher tax rate would only apply to the amount above the undefined first bracket. Also the brackets aren't impossible to adjust. Also the price of milk wouldn't scale directly with the minimum wage. Like nobody in the supply chain makes more than min wage right now?

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLTntNTJEZM

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
I voted for Hillary even though I really, really dislike Hillary and think she's pretty much John Mccain, policy-wise. If Hillary was your ideal candidate, then you're either a secret Republican, a sexist, or an idiot. Blaming actual Democrats for your loss doesn't help whatever your cause is.

Bernie would have won.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
We should see if Michelle bachmann wants to run as the dem nominee in '20. She's proven she's electable among right wingers, so we can sweep the whole moderate and independent crowd with no effort. Anybody who complains about it we'll call an anti-bachmann-bro and explain that her platform of banning gay marriage and abortion are part of a broader pragmatic incrementalist plan that the dirty communists are just too dumb to understand. Plus she's a woman, and since I'm not sexist, being a woman automatically makes her a better candidate than any male, policy be damned. Also, we need to make sure she insults as many people as possible in 2019 and barely campaigns in swing states.

Then when we lose, I can whine and cry on the internet about the lazy sexist idealists who refused to show up and vote for Mi Tia Loca.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
We would have won Alabama if not for the bernie bros.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Schizotek posted:

Truly, disregarding the black vote because they're unimportant in the general is a winning political move:

Liberals are doomed to failure forever.

Yep, that sure is what I said!

And here I was wondering why Hillary spent so much time stumping in the Bible bel-- oh wait.. hmmm....

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
https://youtu.be/4G4RFH2Qo1E

E:

It really is beautiful

theres a will theres moe fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jan 15, 2017

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Rugoberta Munchu posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zMzeKBEvaQ

This is what the "alt-right" literally believes.

Remember to flag it! :)

theres a will theres moe fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Feb 4, 2017

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
https://youtu.be/i91XV07Vsc0

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Losers shouldn't get monuments.

For every confederate monument in the US, there should be a monument to the British who fought against us in the revolution.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

boner confessor posted:

i'm sorry that you're struggling with american history and the horror it represents but this is entirely your problem, not mine. i'll forgive you for your anger, which is born out of shame and guilt, but i strongly encourage you to educate yourself further to prevent further embarassment

the truth is that the confederates saw themselves as the descendants of the founding fathers, arguing that if they were uncomfortable with slavery they would have done something about it when they were creating the foundational documents of our nation, and that this was an american right worth fighting a revolution over. you can ignore that if you want - that slavery was explicitly permitted as a core american freedom - and pretend that isn't part of your heritage if you can't deal with the reality of it, but it's better for you to come to terms with our nation's disgusting legacy

But they lost and the confederacy is dead. So why build monuments to a cause that was as wholly defeated as a cause can be? What do you want, someone to say "actually, I think slavery is good and the confederate monuments are bad!" The gently caress is your point?

And as the confederacy is dead, it has no members. It is not part of this nation. It is not part of this nation's heritage and monuments to it shouldn't be on government land.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

boner confessor posted:

who is building new confederate monuments? as i said on the last page, i think confederate memorials should be removed and if they're put up for display again at all, it should be in a museum of american - not confederate - history

my point is that pretending that the legacy of racial hatred and slavery is an exclusively southern phenomenon is itself historical revisionism which seeks to distance the united states as it is from its own ugly history. you can't just pretend that racism was somehow solved once the south was defeated. this is simple ignorance that demonstrates a shocking lack of understanding about american history before and after the brief period of the treasonous slaver's rebellion. it's a way of saying "that can't happen here" when talking about what still happens all across america, today. it's a way to pretend that some other america, not the america you belong to, is the america of racial repression, slave brutalization, and centuries of white supremacy. it's the all lives matter of historical understanding, and it should be mocked as the nonsense it is

i agree with you with one exception - national military parks. these are places which preserve and interpret the past as it was as much as possible, which includes the memorials and monuments of those who fought the battle or experienced it within living memory. the only place it is appropriate to have confederate memorials outdoors are on the fields and hillsides where soldiers died to defeat it

Telling confederate sympathizers to gently caress off and get their dead gay monuments off my lawn isn't the same thing as saying "the north was perfect!" Somebody posted that old "and you are lynching negroes" Russian tu quoque propaganda earlier because it's perfectly analogous to your pointless argument. So what? George Washington had slaves. That doesn't make the cotton fields any less lovely. You wanna argue that, more power to you - take it to a president's day parade where it's relevant (but unpopular), don't use it to defend traitors.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Looks like bikers are co-opting popular conservative culture.

I was going to say something about his shirt but I dared not hurt his feelings.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkDzoAN7FsE

:shrek:

• Locked thread