Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Smart idea

LET’S DO THIS IN RESPONSE TO THE GOD-MOCKING SCOTUS DECISION

quote:

there is something that can be done to immediately express disapproval loud and clear and have a future impact.

I was extremely disappointed by the decision and like so many people believe that, as a nation, our religious freedoms are at risk, and will be diminished.

After letting that sink in I began to wonder how I could respond in a meaningful way anticipating the changes that are coming through lawsuits, court challenges, fines, etc. against our deeply held beliefs. Denying this, in my view, is not reality.

The question to me was how do we minimize the future activity against us, respectfully. How can we have a meaningful effect quickly?

So, in the middle of a restless last night the thought came; black ribbons hanging on the American flag, on as many as possible as soon as possible.

It is my belief that if enough are seen by and on the 4th of July the message will not be ignored. That message is “we disagree with the decision and we are many”.

It doesn’t require elaborate explanations in fact, the fewer the better. But the response has to be quick and in large numbers. This can be done now….all it takes is contacting those you know who are disappointed.

And do this by any and all social media asking them to hang a black ribbon on their flag and ask them to pass the idea on.

This could cover the nation in days, not waiting for organized demonstrations.

To have impact the response has to be quick and impressive.

*I’m writing this anonymously since I think there could be personal reprisals. I’m sure Tami would forward any comments.

http://barbwire.com/2015/06/29/breaking-lets-do-this-in-response-to-the-god-mocking-scotus-decision/

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jul 4, 2015

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

:wtf:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

Organizers of an Oklahoma race are coming under fire for a picture they posted on their Facebook page. It appears they’re using the LGBT rainbow flag as a shooting target. The post angered many people who took it as a direct threat to the LGBT community. Event organizers say they did not expect the response they got and that it was all meant as a joke. The Oklahoma Run ‘n Gun is a biathlon combining running and shooting. They’re promoting their upcoming race in Pawnee on July 18 on their Facebook page, but some are saying one post went too far. “People got really offended and really upset and people were really feeling threatened,” said Freedom Oklahoma Executive Director Troy Stevenson. The picture shows two men with rifles standing beside a rainbow flag and the caption reads “new high visibility targets on the 500 yard range.” “People took it as a threat, people felt very threatened,” said Stevenson.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jul 11, 2015

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

http://www.stripes.com/news/us/army-to-recruiters-treat-armed-citizens-as-security-threat-1.359134

quote:

The Army has warned its recruiters to treat the gun-toting civilians gathering at centers across the country in the wake of the Chattanooga, Tenn., shooting as a security threat. Soldiers should avoid anyone standing outside the recruiting centers attempting to offer protection and report them to local law enforcement and the command if they feel threatened, according to a U.S. Army Recruiting Command policy letter issued Monday. Armed citizens — some associated with activist groups and militias — were standing vigil outside recruiting centers in Wisconsin, Georgia, Tennessee, Idaho and elsewhere this week, saying they want to provide protection to servicemembers barred from carrying firearms on duty. Four Marines and a sailor were killed by Mohammad Youssef Abdulazeez, a 24-year-old Kuwait-born native of Tennessee, during an attack Thursday on a strip mall recruiting center and a Navy facility that is being investigated as an act of terrorism.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Texas AG Ken Paxton's Mug Shot

Ken Paxton is tea party/anti gay conservative

quote:

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton was arrested and booked in Collin County around 10:30 a.m. Monday on three counts of felony securities law violations that allegedly took place before he became a statewide official in January.

Ken faces a possible sentence of life in prison

http://m.statesman.com/news/news/ken-paxton-booking-could-be-delayed-report-says/nnB2S/

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Ben Shapiro of Breitbart

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

From the Kim Davis rally today

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Oct 7, 2015

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

Gun store offering discount for Christians

KINGSTON, Tenn. (WVLT) -- In the market for a gun? An East Tennessee store is offering a deal, as long as you're a Christian. The owner of Frontier Firearms says the mass shooting in Oregon prompted the sale.

"If Christians are going to be targeted, we need to protect ourselves," said Brant Williams, Owner of Frontier Firearms. "The best way to protect yourself is with the best weapon available, and that happens to be a handgun."

Gun store owner Brant Williams is taking a state leader's suggestion. Last week after the tragic shootings in Oregon, Lt. Governor Ron Ramsey encouraged Christians who are serious about their faith to think about getting a handgun carry permit.

"Ron Ramsey had a good point," said Williams. "Christians need to arm up."

He's offering 5% off any new handgun if you say you're a Christian.

"I don't think it's a matter or proving or disapproving," said Williams. "It's a matter of saying the words 'I'm a Christian' and you get the discount."

Williams said this is important because people are targeted for their beliefs. he doesn't want to hide his faith.

"We can stand up and not worry about being shot for our beliefs, or maybe we can stand up and shoot back," said Williams.

Cameron Brooks is the Chairman of the Knox County Democratic Party.

"Anyone who is not Christian and in our society is excluded," said Brooks. "I think that's wrong. It turns people away from Christianity."

He supports the Second Amendment, but doesn't think guns are the answer.

"It's not about owning a gun and retaliation and promoting more violence in our society," said Brooks. "It's about promoting peace."

"I'd like to let Christians know there are businesses out there, even though the law likes to silence us and those that oppose us like to silence us, but we won't be silenced," said Williams.

http://www.local8now.com/home/headlines/Gun-store-offering-discount-for-Christians-330973992.html?device=phone&c=y

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

We've finally found a good use for Hillary Clinton!

"Best stress relief I've ever experienced in my life!" — Joe, Patriot Depot employee.

Made exclusively for Patriot Depot, our Hillary Squeeze Toy is the perfect way to vent your frustrations throughout the day. I keep one of these on my desk, so anytime I need a little stress relief, my friend Hillary is right there for me.

Give her a good squeeze or two, and before you know it you'll be feeling relaxed and ready to take on the next project. And when you need a few laughs to lighten up your day, you can have loads of fun twisting, squishing, and turning her head into even more monstrous expressions than she normally has.

I suggest getting a few so you can keep one on your desk for those Monday mornings, one in the car for the frustrations of rush hour, one for your dog to destroy, and one to give to a friend.

http://patriotdepot.com/hillary-squeeze-toy/

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I found Ben Carson's class portrait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/18/13-syrian-refugees-wed-take-immediately-photos/

• Locked thread