Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Slavvy posted:

Yeah this. It's up there for the weirdest poo poo we've found in the solar system thus far and makes absolutely no sense at all.

Mine the asteroids, eradicate scarcity.

I thought one of the definitions of a planet was that it cleared its orbit...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Germany sent back Greece's settlement deal with red pen.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

[img]http://i.imgur.com/stWCO0l.jpg[/jpg]

Yet another black church. This time in nashville. Kerosene molotov cocktails thrown through the window.

Proust Malone fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jun 29, 2015

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Holy christ, we're going to lose the white house next year.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

Yes, if you think some European countries and white people are the only cultures that produce anything of value.

Ironic Internet racism must die.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Hope they rinse out all the depleted uranium.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Crashing anti-immigration rallies

https://youtu.be/2U4yc_z0z-4

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Cracker King posted:

So this is a bomb? (Randomly found "cardboard computer" on imgur)

Depends. Is your skin lighter or darker than that cardboard?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2015/09/appeals_court_revives_insane_c.html

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I want so much for this to be real. The rise of the neckbeards.

E: For Political Content

Proust Malone fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Oct 1, 2015

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Looks loosely correlated with democratic presidencies.

Efficiency and progress are ours once more

Proust Malone fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Oct 2, 2015

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

C.M. Kruger posted:

You'd think the Japanese would be maybe a bit considerate towards war refugees.

You'd think.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

UK Newsguy loses his poo poo at his producer, reads actual news.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9e8_1444455082

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/653856168402681856

E: loving beat but holy poo poo this election has gone deep into the rabbit hole.

Proust Malone fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Oct 13, 2015

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I want to believe but

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Salvor_Hardin posted:

This is my favorite piece of soviet propaganda. It's hanging in my bathroom.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Gallagher for president

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

SquadronROE posted:

#Coffeegate going strong.

Picture on your behalf.

http://nypost.com/2015/10/05/cop-served-coffee-with-black-lives-matter-message-on-cup/

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Oct 21, 2015

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Cruz for some reason looks like jello biafra to me.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Popular Thug Drink posted:

he died a year ago, from oldish age and hard street living

Things work differently here.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Shocked. Shocked I tell you.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

C.M. Kruger posted:

5/13/90

To Sybil,

Lamentably, I killed your cat while trying just to sting it. It was crouched, as usual, under one of our bird feeders & I fired from some distance with bird shot. It may ease your grief somewhat to know that the cat was buried properly with a prayer & that I’ll be glad to get you another of your choice.

I called & came by your house several times. We will be in the Dominican Republic until Thursday. I’ll see you then.

Love, Jimmy

He should have used vice-presidential stationary. He could have demanded an apology.

Calais refugee camp is on fire.

E: really glad to be wrong

Proust Malone fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Nov 14, 2015

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

A statue to celebrate the shoe thrown at gwb.

Proust Malone fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Nov 23, 2015

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Protecting and serving the son of a congressman.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Proust Malone fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Dec 5, 2015

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

The replies are fun.

https://twitter.com/NRO/status/676516015078039556

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

huskarl_marx posted:

one of the most disturbing things about the bundy standoff is how gleefully i've seen supposed allies of liberation call for the blood of these men, men who've been pushed to the edge by the same uncaring system that's created the thug youth of the urban city and the daesh jihadist of the mideast

Lumpenprols gunna lumpenprol

There's a beautiful irony about the Clive guy appropriating the occupy hashtag.

Proust Malone fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jan 5, 2016

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Nosfereefer posted:

The only way intake nicotine that isn't fundamentally immoral.

I dipped for a long time. It's horrible and wonderful at the same time. David Foster Wallace captures the way I feel better than I can:

quote:

Let’s acknowledge first that this Q actually preceded the last one, and that you just inserted an artful little bridge-sentence in your question-text to suggest otherwise. I know you’re interested in tobacco and the covert gradual suicide that is habitual tobacco use. My own situation is not all that different from Tom Bissell’s, who had some article about chewing tobacco in Tumescent Male Monthly or something last year that I resonated with on many frequencies. I started smoking at twenty three after two years of dabbling in clove cigarettes (which were big in the early eighties). I liked cigarettes, very much, but one thing I did not like was how hard they were on the lungs and wind in terms of sports, stair-climbing, coitus, etc. Some roofer friends back home got me started on chew as a cigarette-substitute at I think age twenty eight. Chew doesn’t hurt your lungs (obviously), but it also has massive, massive amounts of nicotine, at least compared to Marlboro Lights. (This, too, is all very condensed and boiled down; sorry if it’s terse.) I have tried probably ten serious times to quit chewing tobacco in the last decade. I’ve never even made it a year. Besides all the well-documented psychic fallout, the hardest thing about quitting for me is that it makes me stupid. Really stupid. As in walking into rooms and forgetting why I’m there, drifting off in the middle of sentences, feeling coolness on my chin and discovering I’ve been drooling. Without chew, I have the attention span of a toddler. I giggle and sob inappropriately. And everything seems very, very far away. In essence it’s like being unpleasantly stoned all the time… and as far as I can tell it’s not a temporary withdrawal thing. I quit for eleven months once, and it was like that the whole time. On the other hand, chewing tobacco kills you—or at the very least it makes your teeth hurt and turn unpleasant colors and eventually fall out. Plus it’s disgusting, and stupid, and a vector of self-contempt. So, once again, I’ve quit. It’s now been a little over three months. At this moment I have in gum, a mint, and three Australian tea-tree toothpicks that a Wiccan friend swears by. One reason you and I are chatting in print rather than in real time is that it’s taken me twenty minutes just to formulate and press the appropriate keys for the preceding ¶. Actually speaking with me would be like visiting a demented person in a nursing home. Apparently I not only drift off in the middle of a sentence but sometimes begin to hum, tunelessly, without being aware of it. Also, FYI, my left eyelid has been twitching nonstop since August 18. It’s not pretty. But I’d prefer to live past fifty. This is my Tobacco Story

Also, pouches are for pussies.

E: political content

https://youtu.be/FiS6a1XE91M

Proust Malone fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jan 20, 2016

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

New Orleans decided to remove some confederate monuments. The contractor they hired is getting death threats and had his Lamborghini torched.

http://www.sunherald.com/news/article55430500.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

I think that has more to do with some gun-unfriendly places trying to make untried/unuseful/unworkable tech mandatory for all firearms.

There are people advocating smart gun tech be mandatory right now even though it's crap.

Also a lot of people are also fed up with the gun restriction stuff too. We were told that there would be rivers of blood in the streets when the assault weapons ban went out of effect. Instead, infuriatingly I know, the opposite has been happening.

It is my entirely unscientific hypothesis that this isn't to do with the economy, gun laws, leaded gas, or Roe v Wade. I think videogames did it.

More kids inside playing xbox means fewer kids outside doing dumb poo poo with guns.

• Locked thread