Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

JoelJoel posted:

The Cadillac of presidential estates

That White House is YOOGE!

Long live gun derails!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
I'ma put this here too, because one of the most backwards states in the country just lost a champion of progressive causes and a real exemplar of intersectionality with Actual Christianity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP35_JVnP6g

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Wade Wilson posted:

Saw this making the rounds in response to all of the "The Civil War wasn't about Slavery" responses to stories about the shooting being motivated by racism (because that makes sense somehow).

I've got a better Stephens and we shoulda put this dude in the big office instead of Andrew Johnson.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

This dude was drinking next to us at the Whig tonight and lookin super awkward

MERICA I LOVE MY KIDS

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Not to harp on the subject but this is pretty unsettling:

Dunno if the intent of the documentation was to hammer home the case but holy poo poo :smith:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

a case of the laaaaaaazy eye

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Sab0921 posted:

What is a Henry Offense?

High
Earner
Not
Rich
Yet

Code word for particularly despicable nouveau riche FYGM (gently caress you got mine) types. I.E., the Wall Street Journal's readership.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Honj Steak posted:

German federal government expecting 4 million people to arrive in Germany until 2020, including those from last year. Seeing this is both fascinating and also certainly a bit frightening to me, because it will definitely change this country and life here.

Per capita equivalent for the US would be 16 million in 5 years or almost two additional New York Cities.

"Grandhotel Cosmopolis" in Augsburg, Bavaria. It's a refugee housing / hotel hybrid where anyone can rent a bed and at the same time actually get in touch with the people everyone talks about.

Soooo a less than one percent influx in population per year huh? LIFE CHANGING

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Literally cackling out loud at my desk like some kind of supervillain.

A bit of a stretch, everyone.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
this was a pretty striking shot from (yet another) scary NYT Mag article about Trump supporters

kid can't be more than 12 year old

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Today Peter Liang's manslaughter conviction was reduced to criminally negligent homicide and he was sentenced to 5 years probation and hundreds of hours of community service.

As much as I realize that our penal system is a terrible punitive wreck to which no human should be exposed, the fact that a cop will not spend a single day in a cell for actively attempting to cover up his own murder of a homeless man flips my compassion switch all the way off. the NYPD is so horrifically broken.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
This speech is trending today and is extremely well written/spoken:

http://www.bet.com/video/betawards/2016/acceptance-speeches/jesse-williams-receives-humanitarian-award.html

Annnd the wiki brigade is already on that poo poo

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

what the gently caress is this? who the gently caress are The Tenors? Who thinks this is something to do?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

It's literally called the Black Belt. Or is that :thejoke:?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbG4RT1yMlg

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

This is terrifying and amazing, it's like the city sprawl is sucking the lake dry. I spent a week toodling around Lake Mead on a houseboat in 2011 and it was about 20 feet below "normal" water levels, entire hillsides were bleached and gross.

courtesy of Kansas, the shittiest state with the awesomest statehouse art.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
crossposting this because I cannot get enough of this image in my head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNWrg5ANBCw

Hanukkah's gonna be hot Hot HOT this year!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
good juxtaposition here (a friend's pic)

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Sure and when you're accused of such things you should just calmly and rationally be able to explain why you're not in fact racist, homophobic, anti-poor, etc.

go ahead, I'll wait

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Kopijeger posted:

To be fair, making an issue of how Trump wants his steak is about as dumb as attacking Obama for putting mustard on a hamburger:

It's still staggering how people so thoroughly came to believe that dijon mustard was highbrow and snooty based on a loving AD CAMPAIGN. Like, a perfect metaphor for white boomer media consumption and voting patterns wrapped up in one goddamn 30 second spot that ran on network TV.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Telecom companies are good and should be protected.

https://twitter.com/bennjordan/status/867160916646920193

I'm not particularly surprised, and consider myself incredibly jaded/cynical these days, but this is unconscionably hosed up. Holy poo poo.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Yestermoment posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYZKrn7Bbl8

Former President Fox to Donald Trump: "Suck my dick, you fuckman."

this is surprisingly well-written

can you hear this? Because I'm doing it as hard as I can

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

CountFosco posted:

Really feel confused on capitalism being responsible for famine, disease, etc. I mean sure, when there's a human instigated famine, sure. But the regular kind? And disease?

Disease that is easily preventable or curable for free in a real, not for-profit healthcare system kills thousands of people in the United States alone every year

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

god damnit dude has written some amazing pieces post-election at least. What the gently caress, does he have to be a creep too?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

boner confessor posted:

pretty sure that's from mike cernovich's "perverts in liberal media" dossier which as far as anyone knows is completely made up

https://twitter.com/cernovich/status/919963904083554306

http://nymag.com/selectall/2017/10/lovely-men-in-media-list-published-on-reddit-and-twitter.html

it started out as a list of shady characters but it has since been weaponized by the more gruesome and dishonest aspects of the alt right so the chain of custody on this information definitely passes through a septic tank

good ol twitter, destroying truth and journalistic integrity 140 characters at a time (thanks for digging that stuff up)

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
[video type="youtu"]w2gyWE0M0k[/video]

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

ACKSHEWALLY it's still funny and gently caress you, get you in the holiday spirit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

That's a more interesting reason than I was expecting, thanks.

Coastline, not river valley / river bed. But the soil chemistry part is the important bit.

https://i.imgur.com/Hj0nrRR.gifv

Hell yeah Black Belt

Embed god damnit ugh

Gunshow Poophole fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jan 3, 2018

• Locked thread