Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

LeJackal fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jun 18, 2015

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

SedanChair posted:

Time for black churches to tool up, this won't end.

Nonsense. Black people are safest under the guidance under the care of white police officers.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

The Sausages posted:

The difference is that in the US, these types of people are more likely to shoot the object of their hatred.

The traditional method is a little more involved than just shooting.

Modern methods are only slightly less involved, but demonstrate the same brutality and still bring me shame as a human being.

That is the prosecutor there, holding the chains used to drag James Byrd.

LeJackal fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jun 24, 2015

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Mulva posted:

This isn't an automat though. The food it's made to, and at the time of, order it just hides the kitchen and staff from patrons. It's the restaurant equivalent of this:

What do you think automats were? The kitchen was in the back, hidden away - just like this restaurant. The only difference is that things are made to order.....and of course the real thing about this place is that there are no waitresses. They make you do all the work. Brilliant way of shifting more burden to the consumer and reducing costs under a palatable technocratic veneer.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

I laughed.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

The Sausages posted:

I'm guessing the UK isn't too different from Australia, where pepper spray, lasers with an output over 1mW, and body armour are all classified as offensive weapons. :australia:

Two things:
How do you survive in Australia without knives and such?
How is armor an offensive weapon?

Is this what they picture body armor as?

Nobody can be this stupid, let me just fire up google and...and..

So, how long until rocks and sticks get outlawed?

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

The Peccadillo posted:

The idea that you would have body armor as a private citizen if you weren't trying to commit mass murder is weird and wrong

I dunno, about that - it just seems that classify armor as an 'offensive weapon' seems weird. Though to be fair, this guy probably would have used it.

Then again, some people do think he was a mass murderer on par with the worst of the Nazi regime, so maybe you've got something there.

Remember: Providing Medical Services to Women is WRONG!

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

BonHair posted:

Just because something is regulated doesn't mean that the police will enforce said restrictions. Knives are crazy regulated in Denmark for instance, meaning that you literally cannot buy a kitchen knife in a shop and take it home. Of course the police are not standing guard outside kitchen suppliers, and no one* is seriously worried about taking a new knife home. But if you are otherwise suspicious it can be used to arrest you before you stab the PM or something.

Of course, being suspicious and being middle-eastern are largely overlapping, and it can certainly be used as an excuse by racist cops. But the point is that laws are not always intended to be upheld to the letter.

*Well, white and non-radical looking people at least

Sorry, but 'it'll only be used at the discretion of the enforcing agency' doesn't stop a law from being stupid, overreaching, or just plain wrong.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

MacheteZombie posted:

Are you agreeing with that image?

I don't find it very surprising that the components to make a clock are similar across different clocks.

Its just panicked backpedaling; attempts to paint him as a terrorist have failed, so now the assertion is that he....faked making a clock? That he somehow cheated the school, or something?
Somehow this alleged deception invalidates the racism and islamophobia of the school, police, and poster. Somehow.

Good thing they didn't find the above image in his backpack, or he's be enjoying sunny Cuba about now.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

The time travel section in Genius:The Transgression posted:

The Guardians' solution is simple and expedient: whenever a major shake-up occurs, they travel back in time to shortly after the event (or sometimes during, if they cannot fix the problem afterward) and juggle events around so things unfold as they always have. When a furious genius went back in time and killed Helmut Schenk, the cruelest genocidal mastermind of the 20th century, as a child, the Guardians of Forever went back and elevated the art student Adolf Hitler to that same role.
So, can you travel back in time and kill Hitler? Yes. He's been killed six times: the Guardians gave up finding new candidates and have just started cloning him. (There's a facility outside Hamburg in 1921, actually. Feel free to drop by. They give tours.)

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
I bet you did not see this coming.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

huskarl_marx posted:

i sure wish we lived in a weaponless world but that's simply not the case and we haven't solved the problems regarding/facing human rights, authority, succession and property yet

You think going back to the era when the biggest and strongest ruled by dint of physical prowess will help solve any of the problems you mention?

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

that would be different. There's one common theme that runs between all of these people that's different from Tamir Rice. Something that kept the police from just instantly shooting them and instead trying to calm them down and take them alive. Weird.

I wonder what it could be, hrmmm.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

KazigluBey posted:

I forget, is LeJackal alright on racial issues or does the Gun angle overrule that?

Guns and gun control are red herrings used to distract from the real issues of systemic institutionalized racism. Minorities receiving extrajudicial executions by agents of the state (while white majority members are taken in custody alive) is just one of the more visible and directly violent means that this longstanding racism manifests.

Edit: Thank you for asking, by the way. :glomp:

LeJackal fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jan 1, 2016

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Forever_Peace posted:

Fearmongering

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Democrats like gun control either.

Here's the vote breakdown.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Got me interested in opening a business making these sweet machines.

LeJackal fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Mar 13, 2017

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

This can't be a real meme, can it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

He's so smart, avoiding prison in Sweden by cramming himself into an embassy backroom worse than a Swedish prison cell for longer than he'd be imprisoned for.

He knows what he's really avoiding.

• Locked thread