Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
Just came back from a trip through former Jugoslavia and Albania, where I found these nice coffee mugs:

This one i bought from a nice old lady in Belgrade, also the only one I could find that was not selling a ton of neo-nazi effects as well. (Even got to witness a small neo-nazi rally while in Belgrade.)

In Albania Enver Hoxha is apparantly remembered kindly by absolutely noone, but I still managed to find this. The old lady selling it in Tirana found it really amusing that I wanted it.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

This new thread is off to a wonderful start.

POW POW POW!

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

If this thread had a gun it could defend itself against gunchat.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

White guilt.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8bV9iNStEI

Videos are pictures.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

So we can conclude that the Hitlers were annexing lebensraum on top of human bones hundreds of years before the Second World War even started.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Wow, you Americans really are psychotic. GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

I used to think guns were pretty cool until I saw all the mewling children masturbating about them.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

The only way intake nicotine that isn't fundamentally immoral.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Africa also being a pretty big place

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

It's because it's pretty much a straw man.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

ewiley posted:

Every time i walk by the Trump(tm) brand Old Post Office in DC I want to throw something at it but I wouldn't want to accidentally hit the poor homeless guy that's always asleep on the bench in front :\

That is a penis.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

I thought drunkposting was illegal here.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

My middle school math teacher was from Finland, and he would tell us jokes where every punchline was that somebody died. This is my story about Finland.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Requires Freedom :911:

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Anime is politics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I71VX5RyGA

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

While destroying priceless artefacts is a bad thing, I really can't put that much emotion into the IS destroying old statues compared to their general genocides.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

The Battle of Cannae being a famous example of deadly battles.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cannae

quote:

Polybius writes that of the Roman and allied infantry, 70,000 were killed, 10,000 captured, and "perhaps" 3,000 survived. He also reports that of the 6,000 Roman and allied cavalry, only 370 survived

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Nosfereefer posted:

The Battle of Cannae being a famous example of deadly battles.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cannae

[edit]

Medieval representation of the battle, 1600 years later.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_Iceland#Settlement_and_commonwealth

quote:

The battle consisted of little less than 1000 men with the average casualty rate of 15%. This low casualty rate has been attributed to the blood-feud mentality that permeated Icelandic society, which meant that the defeated army could not be slaughtered honourably to a man. As well as the requirements of Christianity to get a pardon from a cleric for each fiend smitten, which resulted in only people of low class taking care of executions. While executions after battle were uncommon, they were extensive when they happened. See, for instance the battle of Haugsnes with about 110 fatalities, Flóabardagi with about 80 fatalities on one side and unknown on the other and the battle of Örlygsstaðir with up to 60 fatalities including executions. These three battles, or skirmishes as they would be called in a European context add up to 250 fatalities, so these three encounters alone add up to almost 6 of the average killings of 7 per year in the period 1220-1262. Years could pass without killings.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

[edit] loss.jpg

Nosfereefer fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Dec 4, 2016

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Hungary, a country that's currently doing swingingly.

[edit] Orbán looks remarkably like that frog, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

That's just cruel.

you don't kick a man while he's down

[edit] some of this probably belongs behind some nws thing or w/e

Nosfereefer fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Jul 8, 2017

• Locked thread