Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

The Cadillac of presidential estates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

You're a dumb gently caress with tired arguments no one wants to hear. Your positions are stupid and not worth defending. You argue like a petulant little poo poo that just read the first chapter of Logic: 101.

If you're going to poo poo up the new thread at least bring something original to the table beyond your no-effort attempts to troll us. It's loving boring.

The Dominican Republic is being really lovely to citizens of Haitian descent.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Video no longer available.

Could we maybe start a trend in the new thread of posting some kind of description along with a youtube link? Like, it isn't hard. Watch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA2LgJviH9w

"Former Libertarian candidate for president Mike Gravel featured in Helter Skelter X."

See, now wasn't that easy?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I'm down with bashing America as much as the next non-yank, but most americans I've met are p cool.

Plus, they get the confederate flag products right once in a while:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

spacetoaster posted:

I have to work with a number of Federal alphabet groups (FBI too) and when domestic terrorism is discussed Abortion bombings are always brought up. Also the militia groups are a hot topic as well. Environmental terrorism not so much.

In addition to knowing that it is on their radar I went to the FBI website and did a search for "abortion". There's a lot of stuff on it so I'm not sure why you believe they "don't give a poo poo".

Still not seeing the tragic human cost that can be attributed to environmental activism. Sure some of them are crazy, but even the most extreme cases--sabotage of pipelines, for example--seem to stem from major players doing real and tangible harm to the well being of the activists and/or those they sympathise with.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

sinking belle posted:

we should be nice to minorities bc those poor oblivious darlings can't help making Normal folk uncomfortable with the way they are :waycool:

Pretty sure we're at the point where it isn't even remotely guised anymore.

Didn't someone make a chrome extension that automatically changes the word thug to the n-bomb?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

spacetoaster posted:

Yeah because walking around with your underwear and/or butt crack showing is part of an honorable and aged racial culture you guys. Non-blacks just don't get it.

Your spelling is quite good for someone so clearly lacking in intellect and education.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

spacetoaster posted:

I know, right? Public education and raised by the most liberal of Democrat parents. It's amazing that I'm even alive.

I've never understood the trend among conservatives of embracing ignorance, lack of education, and sometimes plain stupidity and a badge of honour or solidarity.

Koramei posted:

socks an sandals are In right now dude

It's September man.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Solar Coaster posted:

You would be rightfully laughed out of Seattle if you were caught wearing that.

Anyways, guess who's going to jail?

quote:

U.S. District Judge David Bunning told Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis she would be jailed until she complied with his order to issue the licenses.

"To issue a marriage license which conflicts with God's definition of marriage, with my name affixed to the certificate, would violate my conscience. It is not a light issue for me. It is a Heaven or Hell decision," she said through her lawyers.

What's the over/under on how long before she decides an eternity in hell isn't as bad as hanging out in a minimum sec jail.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Double post:

quote:

Tima, a Vancouver hairdresser who emigrated to Canada more than 20 years ago, said Abdullah and Rehan Kurdi and their two boys were the subject of a “G5” privately sponsored refugee application that was rejected by Citizenship and Immigration [Canada] in June, owing to the complexities involved in refugee applications from Turkey.

The family had two strikes against them – like thousands of other Syrian Kurdish refugees in Turkey, the UN would not register them as refugees, and the Turkish government would not grant them exit visas.

“I was trying to sponsor them, and I have my friends and my neighbours who helped me with the bank deposits, but we couldn’t get them out, and that is why they went in the boat. I was even paying rent for them in Turkey, but it is horrible the way they treat Syrians there,” Tima said.

Fin Donnelly, the [Member of Parliament] for Port Moody-Coquitlam, said he’d hand-delivered the Kurdis’ file to Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander earlier this year. Alexander said he would look into it, Donnelly said, but the Kurdis’ application was rejected in June. Alexander could not be reached for comment.

e: cross-post from the CanPoli thread

Leofish posted:

#ThrowbackThursday

Jan. 22, 2014 posted:

Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander publicly scolded the Ontario [Liberal] government today for defying the federal [Conservative] government's decision to reduce the level of health care available to refugee claimants.

Ontario introduced a new program, effective Jan. 1, that will provide refugee claimants with access to primary care and urgent hospital services as well as medication coverage regardless of their refugee status, following cuts to a federal program that administers temporary health-care benefits to refugee claimants.

"I've expressed our government's disappointment with the Ontario government's recent decision to reinstate health-care benefits to all asylum seekers and even rejected refugee claimants," Alexander said.

"Simply arriving on our shores and claiming hardships isn't good enough. This isn't a self-selection bonanza, or a social program buffet."

The immigration minister said Ontario was compromising the integrity of the system by putting "bogus" asylum seekers and "failed" refugee claimants ahead of Canadians who are seeking health-care services and refugees who are in need of real protection.

"This decision is irresponsible as it makes Canada, and Ontario in particular, a magnet for bogus asylum seekers."

Alexander said he raised the issue directly with Ontario's Health Minister Deb Matthews when he met with her last month.

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Sep 3, 2015

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Are these [Canadian] cops above the law?

quote:

A Toronto police officer inexplicably floors his gas pedal, speeds into an illegal right turn and runs down a grandmother, severing her brain stem and killing her instantly.

An OPP constable wearing a bulletproof vest and carrying a baton and pepper spray shoots and kills an intellectually challenged 59-year-old man holding a small pocket knife.

During a traffic stop near Canada's Wonderland, York Region officers rough up a small, 50-year-old accountant, breaking his arm and leaving him roadside.

A Peel Region police officer sucker-punches a handcuffed prisoner and breaks his jaw in two places.

Two teens chatting on the grass in a public park are run over by a Durham Region squad car, suffering extensive injuries.

All of these officers were quickly cleared by the Special Investigations Unit (SIU) — the provincial agency responsible for investigating serious injuries and deaths resulting from interactions between police and the public. All still work as police officers.

In its 20-year history, the SIU has conducted at least 3,400 investigations and laid criminal charges after only 95 of them, according to a Star analysis. The SIU does not track what happens to those it charges. But the Star has, and found only 16 officers have been convicted of a crime. Only three have seen the inside of a jail — as inmates.

Keep in mind, that

wiki posted:

[the] Special Investigations Unit (SIU or "the Unit") is the civilian oversight agency responsible for investigating circumstances involving police that have resulted in a death, serious injury, or allegations of sexual assault of a civilian in Ontario, Canada.

Here's a recent example that only had charges laid because of the multiple video angles and high profile nature of the murder incident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG6OTyjzAgg

"he's contained on a street car, no one is in the immediate vicinity and we have a dozen officers on the scene"

"he's got a 3 inch blade, better shoot him 3 times"

"he's down, better shoot him 6 more times"

"I think he's dead. Okay, taser him for good measure"

(Canadian hero and thug killer James Forcillo)

Excessive public outcry led to this wonderful human being charged with 2nd degree. But he's a precious copper, so all details of the trial and investigation are under a publication ban.

... aaaaand, he's still working for the Toronto PD and drawing his full salary over 2 yeas after the incident.

Likely result? Probably a short suspension with pay* and beers with the boys.

*it's ALWAYS with pay

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Sep 18, 2015

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Armyman25 posted:

Yup, here's the poor victim nearly killing a police officer.

To serve and act as emotional vigilantes that are above the law and exact revenge according to their own will.

e: you're an idiot.

e2: that video shows an utterly stupid practice that is almost exclusively American. Plenty of bystanders, police, and perps die because gotta chase dem cars with are cars. The sane police tactic would be to wait until they get home and pick them up peacefully.

Have a fun picture for the police derail:

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Sep 18, 2015

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Guavanaut posted:

Justified in that case, those look like Arabic numerals.

Arabic numerals?

Way to obfuscate Arabic, Hindu, and Indian, racist.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

^^^- Meth is a hell of a drug.

Remember when some Aussies captured an early German Tank during WWI just for the hell of it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mephisto_(tank)

quote:

The tank was lost at the Second Battle of Villers-Bretonneux on 24 April 1918. The battle for the area saw the Australian, British and German forces in a fluid situation, moving around the tank, which had been abandoned after falling into a ditch.

The 26th Battalion of the 7th Brigade, mostly from Queensland,[1] hatched a plan to capture it. In July 1918, under cover of an artillery barrage, the Australian infantry and two British vehicles (either Gun Carriers or Mark IV tanks) moved forward and dragged it back to their lines; the Germans were still in sight of the tank and firing at them. They had to don gas masks after poison gas was deployed.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Crazy that people age, isn't it?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Guavanaut posted:

Narcissistic wankers?

To be fair the Yukon just got then Internet. They probably just got confused looking for this guy:

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Mar 7, 2016

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

You loving mouth-breathers get that the second one was an edit, right?

Zodiac Griller

e-vvv Sorry, I forgot this was the guns-are-for-pussies and youtube-link-with-no-description-or-context thread.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Slavvy posted:

The thing I've never really understood about this explanation is that before guns there were huge formations of dudes with spears or swords just lopping limbs off and perforating organs left right and center and if they were so squeamish about stabbing history would look a lot different. Or is it that musket soldiers were trained primarily to shoot while warriors of yesteryear were trained primarily for stabbing?

I'm going to guess that it has to do with many historically stabby solders having been trained and drilled for years to stab and slash and fight at close quarters (in some cases the entire lives of a class of people were devoted to it in one way or another). Training someone to fight effectively with swords and spears and the like takes a lot longer than showing a group how to load, point, and shoot a gun in formation. Really what made guns effective was the fact that they didn't take much to master. Plus, it's probably a lot easier psychologically to kill by pointing and shooting with a huge group at a huge group than to get up close and actually see the damage you're doing (and being done to you).

Plus Carlin likes to go on about how we just aren't tough enough now or whatever compared to this or that generation or people. He tries to cover his rear end with his usual "I'm no historian and this is only a maaaaaybe" but the point remains. He may have a point in regards to material conditions impacting the type of solider you have but he relies on the notion far too frequently and heavily.

e:^^- yeah, and the level of dehuminisation of the enemy probably fits in there somewhere, though I'm not convinced it's any kind of primary factor in the particular example given.

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Apr 1, 2016

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Read the thread title.

http://i.imgur.com/0CIltih.gifv

Somebody fucked around with this message at 06:33 on May 29, 2016

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Erdogan with Charlie Day and a man who's never seen a news camera before:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

^^^- about six posts up. I like the parts where he's like "yo, we can put waaaay more people in prison" and when he goes on about how a commuter train (or something) is only used by like 6 people so why bother, amirite? His wife seems nice. A shame she's married to scum.

e2:

Like, who even uses public transit anyway? Just get a car, jeeze.

Today I learned that a comedy rap YouTube channel is part of the leftist controlled liberal media and receives contributions from crooked Hillary Clinton to tell lies about Trump.

Oh YouTube comments :allears:

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Oct 27, 2016

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Or just read Worse Than War. Equally depressing, but a better book.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

SimonCat posted:

The Air Force Academy's POW memorial is a little explicit.

I like how even through he has starving ribs, his arms are still JACKED because he's AMERICAN.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Grr, woof woof, rrrrrgh. Bow wow wow. Bark (sad).

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

E: no he wasn't.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Kevin O'Leary can't even spell his own vanity nickname. He's something like the fourth dumbest person in Canada the world.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Trump hosed up. That def means no old people will ever vote again. You got this, America!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

loveable scamps

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

https://twitter.com/DPRK_News/status/857223791084273666?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Yup, that definitely caused the German people to forget their past.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Don't care how you try and frame it, defending racist monuments is racist.

-snip, not necessary-

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

^^^- pedant.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

du -hast posted:

Re: flagchat. I challenge you to find a worse flag than this one, which is the flag for the Romani (Gypsy) people:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Lol, change sure is scary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Why is there a hospital named after Arnold Palmer?

• Locked thread