Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
Deserves a closer look.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

achillesforever6 posted:

Just got back from a 3 day vacation at Geneva-on-the-Lake, Ohio vacation and as someone who has to go on a long car drive from Pittsburgh to Omaha every Summer with the rest of my family I can attest that Ohio is the most boring/horrible state to drive through other than Iowa.

My father grew up in Ashtabula and I have been to Geneva-on-the-Lake many times. The last time was about 10 years ago and it was indeed a horrible and depressing shithole I hope to never see again. I can't imagine it has gotten any better since then.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Slavvy posted:

Ohio looks like a marginally more miserable hellhole than the rest of the US (florida and louisiana excepted).

Most of the US is pretty good to live in actually. The only thing that really makes northern Ohio suck is the winters and remains of the rust belt.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

spacetoaster posted:

That's generally the issue with government money. Once you accept it, the government starts telling you what to do to keep getting it. Horrible, I know.

Ah yes. The myth that people on welfare buy big screen TVs and gold plated iPhones and really they live better than middle class white people!

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Frog Act posted:

#17 post on the front page of reddit titled "Progressist logic"

I guess if you're a 'conservative' who associates diversity with a racial hierarchy , where one group of people is inherently more capable than another.

You are going to end up at the conclusion that it's impossible to celebrate cultural diversity while believing everyone should be equal under the law.

Basically racists are loving dumb.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

quote:

More recently, several high-ranking officers have filed whistle­blower complaints, alleging that the Guard’s leadership is plagued by cronyism, racism and a “toxic” command climate, among other problems. State and federal officials have opened independent investigations. Legislators have pledged to hold hearings. “It’s like the mob,” said Brian K.

aka New Jersey.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Angry Boat posted:

NYT on a roll.

Well you have to admit the strategy of unfunding and/or obfuscating the research that says what you don't like works pretty well.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Cerebral Bore posted:

ignoring the plight of millions who could be helped right now shows how inhumane the priorities of society actually are.

How out of touch with reality do you have to be to believe poo poo like this?

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LzT6My_48Q

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
Weird conservative narratives that have zero basis in reality seem to be pretty common.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
This. Is CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/28/asia/china-space-lab/

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Wang_Tang posted:

I don't see anything inherently wrong with what he said

Bernievoter.txt

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

The Dark One posted:

The new Independence Day movie's marketing campaign is engineered to drive recruits to the US military.

Please tell me how I'm supposed to feel about the army trying to recruit people.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

I hope this gets made into a smiley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Defenestration posted:

Apparently so are seatbelts

A lot of cops intentionally don't wear seat belts so they won't get hung up on it or can out of the car faster. At Least that's what they say. Yes it's dumb but it is still the unofficial standard practice in many places.

• Locked thread