Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Brian Brown hearing the news.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin meets with Obama during his two-day visit to Oklahoma, during which he became the first sitting president to visit a federal prison.

Mary Fallin posted:

“During his time here, the president focused many of his remarks on our criminal justice system. There is an emerging bipartisan consensus that our justice system must be ‘smart on crime’ as well as tough on crime. For individuals with mental health and addiction issues, for instance, we need to do a better job of offering treatment and supervision as alternatives to prolonged incarceration. The president and I have some common ground on this issue, as do some Republican presidential candidates as well as leading conservative activists like the Koch family.

Eyeroll.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Stultus Maximus posted:

Did that guy's shins get shot off in the war?

Anyway, Jeb! supports are troops

I guess to be fair John Kerry wasn't a POW? Maybe Jeb! only supports soldiers who have been captured.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Oklahoma is set to execute a (probably) innocent man today.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Aaaaand the Oklahoma appeals court just handed down a two-week stay to give them time to examine recent evidence submitted by the defense team. We're temporarily not executing anyone!

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Maybe not the best choice of a stock image for a story about Yom Kippur?

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Bohemian Nights posted:

Pope addressing Congress, saying the death penalty should be abolished

https://vine.co/v/exaAbjMTHZ6

Kro-Bar fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Sep 24, 2015

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Trump got a big endorsement at the Oklahoma State Fair.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

It's execution week in America. Today is Georgia, tomorrow is Oklahoma.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Letter from the pope's office to Mary Fallin requesting that she commute Richard Glossip's death penalty. She'll say no, since she doesn't actually have the power to commute sentences (although she has the authority to issue a 60 day stay. :cripes:)

edit: and it looks like Richard Branson has taken out a full-page ad in The Oklahoman today encouraging Oklahomans to contact Fallin's office and request a stay.

Kro-Bar fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Sep 30, 2015

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
:lol:

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Meet the Senate Candidate Who Sacrificed a Goat and Drank Its Blood

Libertarian Chupacabra posted:

In 2013, Invictus wrote a letter to his classmates at the DePaul College of Law in which he seemed to say he might start a new civil war. "I have prophesied for years that I was born for a Great War; that if I did not witness the coming of the Second American Civil War I would begin it myself," he wrote. "Mark well: That day is fast coming upon you. On the New Moon of May, I shall disappear into the Wilderness. I will return bearing Revolution, or I will not return at all."

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Oklahoma finally removed the Ten Commandments monument from the Capitol Grounds last night.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
The dude-bro frat shooter who killed someone and injured another at Northern Arizona University today.

quote:

“It’s a full auto kinda day,” he captioned one Instagram photo of himself at an indoor range, holding a machine gun. “‘Merica,” Jones wrote for a July 4th selfie of himself with a shotgun slung over his shoulder, donning an American flag shirt and hat.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Swedish swordsman snaps a picture with students, kills two and injures two more.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Chafee is out.

Kro-Bar fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Oct 23, 2015

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Jeb! and Obama, sittin' in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Paul Ryan is the new Speaker of the House.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Kendrick Lamar at the White House.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
edit: wrong thread, apologies

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Laaaaadies?

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
I was reading the Wiki page for the Paris attacks and noticed an odd addition...

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

[Officer reassigned after calling Black Lives Matter protesters ‘fools’ in tweet

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
The watermark makes this one, for me.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Planned Parenthood Shooting Suspect Robert Dear Says He's 'Warrior for the Babies'

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

This piece of poo poo raped (at least) thirteen women, all but one of them low-income or with priors that kept them from going to the police. He was just found guilty of 18 charges and recommended 260 years in prison. :fuckoff:

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Bill Gothard, former (and soon to be again?) director of IBLP was just charged with rape, along with other sexual assault charges.

What advice does this handsome bachelor have for victims of sexual abuse?

Seems legit.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

spacetoaster posted:

Well, he's had a civil suit brought against him.

When you used the term "charged with rape" I thought there was going to be some tearful photos of police arresting him.

Sorry, I worded that poorly. I can only pray (lol) that scumbag has to finally cop to what he's done and lives in disgrace for the rest of his pathetic life.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
The revolution gets terrible gas mileage.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

The "tribal gathering" nearest to me sure has an inviting meeting spot. Who wouldn't want to ask some greasy MRA about his pet shop here?

• Locked thread