Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Levantine posted:

I don't see a superman game really working unless they move him off earth early on. Send him to Warworld or Apokolips or whatever. Powering down superman is the lamest device. Power up his enemies instead.
This is a good idea. This also lets you get away with "accidentally" loving up like, the Armaghetto because who cares and who would notice the difference?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Just make it take place on the pretty side of apokolis so I won't have to fly through fire and brimstone all game

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
How many hours of story missions are in the whole season pass? I'm on the fence after it was dropped in price but know a lot of people hated on it.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
4-5 maybe, across Season of Infamy and the Batgirl one?

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Spacebump posted:

How many hours of story missions are in the whole season pass? I'm on the fence after it was dropped in price but know a lot of people hated on it.

I'd say three to four hours of story stuff. An hour for A Matter Of Family, maybe a little more than a half hour each for the Season of Infamy sidequests.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
The obvious correct idea for a Superman game is remake Zone of the Enders, but skinned over.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

ayn rand hand job posted:

Luthor's covered Metropolis in a kryptonite fog and the only way Superman can survive is driving a tank around.

And the final villain turns out to be the Joker.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

They are making an Arkham HD Collection this summer. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-04-18-batman-arkham-hd-collection-revealed-via-leak Kind of weak that it won't include Origins.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Sounds like it's going to include all the exclusive content, though- I can finally do the Joker stuff in Asylum!

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
If they touch up the gameplay at all, particularly in the first game , I'll probably pick it up. I would love to be able to do blade takedowns.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I played all the last generation on a console, I'd like to see what they've done to touch it up for a current generation device.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Guess there won't be a PC version. They both still look pretty good on PC, anyway.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
If Rocksteady are doing a HD edition for just Asylum and City...maybe WB Montreal will get around to Origins in time?

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

*snooty British voice* We don't want that new-world riff-raff in our HD collection :britain:

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Dogen posted:

Guess there won't be a PC version. They both still look pretty good on PC, anyway.

Considering that this is in all likelihood just the PC versions ported to the consoles with no meaningful changes there would be literally no reason to sell it on the PC.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The DLC Batmobiles are great until you need to fire a power winch. I don't understand why they couldn't at least do that. Does the Two Face bank robbery mission chain end with going straight from the bank into the car normally? It skipped when I would expect Batman to be putting and taking Two Face out of the 1989 Batmobile.

edit:
They should go all out with the HD remakes of the first two and have Adam West come in to read all of Batman's lines. Playing with that option would be hilarious.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Apr 19, 2016

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Is the Riddler boss fight worth doing all the riddles?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

If you enjoy collecting riddles than yes.

If you don't I guess youtube would be your best bet

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Spacebump posted:

Is the Riddler boss fight worth doing all the riddles?

It's the only actual boss fight in the game, but it's still an Arkham series boss fight complete with 100 minions.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Also when you do new game plus you can beat him up again almost immediately after opening the 3rd island.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Also when you do new game plus you can beat him up again almost immediately after opening the 3rd island.

This is basically the only reason I did a NG+. I want to throw him in window-jail and mock him every time I visit the precinct :v:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

We're on the road to April 25th guys!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Chasiubao posted:

This is basically the only reason I did a NG+. I want to throw him in window-jail and mock him every time I visit the precinct :v:

I like joker's line about batman only solving his riddles to humiliate him.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

:siren: The season pass is $13.99 on Xbone right now :siren:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Chasiubao posted:

:siren: The season pass is $13.99 on Xbone right now :siren:

drat, I just bought it earlier this week.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Motherfucker I'm jealous

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
I feel like there was a real lost opportunity in not releasing a Joker skin DLC pack. I would have definitely paid a couple of bucks to play as Bale Batman haunted by Heath Ledger. Cesar Romero and Jack Nicholson would have been fun too.

Related question, anyone modding the game on PC? Is that possible?

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
There's been a ton of skin mods on PC but it's mainly swapping with ones already in the game, playing as Alfred and stuff like that. There's also mods to play as the other unique playable characters in the campaign but those are all I've heard about.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
So uh, hows-about that big 4-25 announcement everyone's been waiting for?!

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I can finally delete this off my harddrive

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

redbackground posted:

Lol at it being the Joker's birthday and nobody realizing it after all their research.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

redbackground posted:

Well poo poo

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

26th July for Return to Arkham, as we know, no Origins, but all the DLC for Asylum and City, so you can play as Mistuh J.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Mogomra posted:

Well poo poo

Looking through the WB forum, but there are entirely too many people convinced that it means something else, the Joker birthday thing wasn't it, and are still looking for the whatever the TRUE MEANING is, even though RS has come out and said there are no more secrets shut up already.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Return to Arkham trailer is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWv07fouYvs

Is it me or do the graphics look updated? Like new textures and lighting?

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Veotax posted:

That's usually what happens in remasters of older games.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Utnayan posted:

That's usually what happens in remasters of older games.

Really? Because almost every one I've seen is just the game running an a higher resolution and maybe 60fps.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Veotax posted:

Isn't the kind of the point?

Looks great.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Veotax posted:

Really? Because almost every one I've seen is just the game running an a higher resolution and maybe 60fps.

Depends on the remaster I suppose. For some, yes. This one however is being ported over to the 4 engine as well. So everything is updated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Maybe I'm just a cynical rear end, but most of these collections and ports are mostly the same game with no changes running on the new system.

I'm just surprised that this seems to have some effort put into it.

• Locked thread