Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

iGestalt posted:

Arkham Knight will be Stan Lee.

I'd believe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'd believe it.

After a long fight, he'll pull off the mask and shout "Excelsior!"

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

dscruffy1 posted:

Arkham Knight is an O.M.A.C.

:colbert: Excuse me, I believe you mean HARDAC.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
They just reveal the Arkham Knight is really Superman and this is just a prequel to the movie out next year.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The store I pre-ordered with said if it comes in early I can get it early. :buddy:

It won't come in early will it. :smith:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

CuwiKhons posted:

then it won't matter what you post because everyone will think you're bullshitting

Thats why he announced it beforehand

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Arkham Knight is Clayface.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Another gameplay demo. They're throwing these out like candy lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2jrKu5GjeA

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

drat it. I'm going to be far too busy playing Barman dress-up to play the loving game.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The crime scenes don't seem to be the same as Origins', but like a better done version of City's.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Arkham will be an Al'Ghul of some kind.

Arkham Knight should be a gritty reboot of Penny Plunderer tho

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
it will be talia

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Coolguye posted:

it will be talia

Maybe she mad that Batman carried the man who 'killed' her out of the theater instead of her.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The final Most Wanted mission reveals that it has been Most Wanted's Razor Callahan all along. Final fight is a street race for the batmobile's pink slip.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

(Heath Ledger Joker voice) It will be awesome, to boldly reveal the identity of the Arkham Knight and to cause true chaos for the bad Games posters... indeed chaos is the only way.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Assuming the prequel comic is canon (I don't see why it shouldn't be), the Arkham Knight showed up immediately after the end of City as Batman was heading home.

He and Batman haven't met in the comic yet, he's just been loving with things in the shadows and killing minor villains (Electrocutioner 2 and Tweedledee & Tweedledum)

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Veotax posted:

Assuming the prequel comic is canon (I don't see why it shouldn't be), the Arkham Knight showed up immediately after the end of City as Batman was heading home.

He and Batman haven't met in the comic yet, he's just been loving with things in the shadows and killing minor villains (Electrocutioner 2 and Tweedledee & Tweedledum)

Dark split personality of Batman after the death of the Joker confirmed.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Another gameplay demo. They're throwing these out like candy lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2jrKu5GjeA

I like the changes to investigations, the gradual narrowing down of who the victim is in particular. Batman's stunning ability to identify literally everyone in Gotham City within 5 seconds of scanning their face, even if they had died in an explosion, was sort of weird. Even if the timetable is still unrealistic, it feels better for Batman to go "well okay I don't know who this is but here's a list of all the people with this deformity, we'll cross reference with people who had hip surgery, then with a list of idiots admitted to the hospital for swallowing their wedding rings, and here, this guy matches all criteria."

Also I'm really glad they showed off using battle mode in the Batmobile to do more careful maneuvering because I have no doubt I would have spent many stupid, fruitless hours trying to navigate narrow ledges in the normal driving mode and gotten very angry.

net cafe scandal posted:

(Heath Ledger Joker voice) It will be awesome, to boldly reveal the identity of the Arkham Knight and to cause true chaos for the bad Games posters... indeed chaos is the only way.

0/10, doesn't read like Heath Leader's Joker at all. Brush up on your roleplaying and get back to us.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The crime scenes don't seem to be the same as Origins', but like a better done version of City's.
I'm mostly fine with that. Origins' were great too because it required you to study an entire diorama of a scene. Wish the both were combined but this time around isn't too bad either. The only problem with the Origins ones is they were completely linear.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

net cafe scandal posted:

Now I am forced to start making guesses about the Arkham Knight, because you made this bad post

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

He's the Mad Hatter

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Its a quote from the Dark Knight. I just changed some words around.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Arkham Knight is confirmed to be The Rainbow Creature.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
im the arkham knight, ama

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

CharlestonJew posted:

im the arkham knight, ama

When and why did you stop being Ace the Bat-Hound, to start being Arkham Knight?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

CuwiKhons posted:

No, that is Azrael. I said Azazel.

Azreal is the Angel of Death, Azazel is a different angel infamous for betraying god and being one of the most notable members of the Grigori a gang of angels that abandoned god.

Azreal is a also a DC character, and Azazel is a marvel comic villain.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

net cafe scandal posted:

Its a quote from the Dark Knight. I just changed some words around.

Wanna know how I got these guesses as to the Arkham Knight's identity?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Mogomra posted:

Arkham Knight is confirmed to be The Rainbow Creature.

This would be the greatest reveal of all time.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
Arkham Knight is Original the Character, Do Not Steal

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
You'll fight through his army, beat all his supervillain allies, and take down Arkham Knight in an epic multi-stage battle. Then he is dramatically unmasked and it's...a completely new character who is unimportant.

Basically this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPefOfu2TIU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

RatHat posted:

You'll fight through his army, beat all his supervillain allies, and take down Arkham Knight in an epic multi-stage battle. Then he is dramatically unmasked and it's...a completely new character who is unimportant.

Basically this

Just some random mook from the first game. "Don't you remember me? You threw me off a guard tower! I WAS IN REHAB FOR THREE YEARS!"

Uh, you're going to have to be more specific.

Orv
May 4, 2011

RatHat posted:

Basically this

It's not going to be but this makes me wish the Knight was Lex Luthor.

"Look I figured the only way to kill superman was to kill his only friend.

Also I was bored this weekend."

And besides, no-one is ever going to be stupid enough to make another Superman game, and after Lex Luthor Was Right (Injustice), I want more of him in video games.

Orv fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jun 19, 2015

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he is definitely matches malone.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I have to say that I like how the Arkham Knight will be testing your predator prowess throughout the game, forcing you to make different moves. That's really cool. I was hoping TYGER would do something like that when City was being talked about.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It's Jason Todd.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The whole game is based on Batman mishearing some guy named Mark M. Knight's name.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Phylodox posted:

The whole game is based on Batman mishearing some guy named Mark M. Knight's name.

Scarecrow's fear toxin makes Batman see an armored vigilante, when in real life Mark M. Knight is just a friendly tax accountant who's been trying to guide him out of the warzone to safely.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Arkham Knight will be revealed to be Troy Baker. Not a character played by him, but just Troy Baker as himself.

Seriously, given that they've got him in to voice Two Face, there's pretty much no way they're not going to have him break out the Joker voice for a dream or fear gas section.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Phylodox posted:

It's even more awkward when it turns out this has been happening weekly since Joker died. Batman, get with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Apparently some guy on Twitter 100%ed the game and has been mentioning the guy's identity.

• Locked thread