Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

PostNouveau posted:

Are they going to keep making these? I can't see myself tiring of the formula.

Rocksteady continues to claim they're done with Batman, but the series makes huge bank for WB Games, so I would expect a studio like WB Montreal (which did Origins) to continue cranking out games -- sort of like how Neversoft became a Tony Hawk / Guitar Hero factory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

AngryBooch posted:

Gordon's voice actor, Jonathan Banks, has zero vocal range but that's a boon to the character he normally plays on TV: the ultra competent and emotionally controlled expert. Too bad Rocksteady didn't write Gordon that way in this game, he's severely miscast. Actors ain't always better than professional voice actors.

Yeah, Michael Gough, David Kaye and Tom Kane did great work as Gordon in previous Arkham games, I really don't know why they decided they needed Banks of all people.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The Batmobile plays about as I expected, which is to say a less-refined version of the robot / vehicle mechanic in Transformers: War for Cybertron / Fall of Cybertron.

I'm OK with this.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

So this has been on my PS4's hard drive since release day, and I gave up initially during the Batmobile platforming bullshit at Ace Chemicals. So I figure I'm finally close to the end, and two things:

1) gently caress the Cloudburst's final form; the Batmobile doesn't control nearly well enough to escape a giant-rear end death machine tear-assing towards you at warp speed while you're trying to navigate fog from hell.

2) gently caress, gently caress, gently caress the Excavator; the Batmobile doesn't control nearly well enough to escape a giant-rear end death drill tear-assing at you at warp speed while you're trying to get through Riddler tunnel bullshit. I finally just wound up cheesing that by sitting in front of one of the death tunnels and waiting for the Excavator to see me then start stampeding at me like a pissed-off water buffalo.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Return to Arkham has been delayed indefinitely, until "at least November," due to supposed framerate issues.

Suppose it may or may not be worth pointing out that Virtuos Games, the studio handling the port, has never once handled a dual PS4 / Bone port.

• Locked thread