Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."
...but there's still stuttering in the video.: It's not a sustained 60fps either. Look when he strikes the smoke with the batarang, obvious fps drops there for example.:shrug:

From everything I've seen, it's entirely possible to get close to a sustained 60fps when fighting indoors, and for some rigs the stuttering is very intermittent even outside, it will vary wildly - driving in the batmobile is the big weak point (well among many, just the worst), and right at the end of the Gameworks video you can see frame drop when he exist the batmobile and looks out over the city.

You could easily stitch together particular scenes (especially on a fresh reload of the game between each) and get 60fps snippets on top-end rigs - even when driving - just as long as you keep them brief and don't pan around the city. I believe that's more likely than Nvidia doctoring a video, and as mentioned if they did they weren't consistent with it either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

Wow - can't really recall (especially an AAA title) a port that was actually pulled from Steam for being so lovely.

:pcgaming: forever

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

Veotax posted:

Return to Arkham trailer is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWv07fouYvs

Is it me or do the graphics look updated? Like new textures and lighting?

The trailer isn't impressive, however the stills released look far better. Definite improvements in lighting & textures:

All indications are it's 30fps though, they likely would have stated 60fps if it was. We'll see with the Neo though.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

Brutakas posted:

I guess the lack of a PC version confirms that WB has indeed taken their ball and gone home on PC.

There's no way they'd be able to sell it for over $30 regardless, they wouldn't want to undercut the console versions that much but I couldn't see it selling at all for above that on the PC even if the port was solid. Too bad, really used to them at 60fps now. The graphic upgrades aren't awe-inspiring but the material shaders + dof effects are definitely noticeable.

• Locked thread