Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I didn't realize I would get so mad when the one guy asked at 10:20 about Hush and "A-zayz-el". Get this human trash off the stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Phylodox posted:

...?

How...is it supposed to be pronounced?

Like Gargamel's cat.

VVV that's what I was "mad" about in the first place! :argh:

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jun 18, 2015

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Seriouspost: That Batmobile combat challenge looked super un-fun. I hope that's not too representative.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

SonicRulez posted:

Can someone refresh my memory on the point in the Season Pass?
(probably wrong) There's supposed to be something new released every month for six months.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

mysterious frankie posted:

I really don't care if the main story is garbage, so long as there are a lot of side missions that let me Batman around, catching villains and doing (fake but cool looking) detective work.
I just finished listening to the VideoGamerTV youtube review, and they pretty much say that that's exactly what you will get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lssMmhoGuo8

(it's an all-audio, spoiler-free review, btw, the video is just from earlier promotional gameplay)

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Veotax posted:

I think Riddler is down to 200 collectables this time from the 440 in City. Apparently they're supposed to be more unique this time, or something.

:eng101: 243!

edit:
New Arkham Insider With Even More Yelling Europeans:
https://youtu.be/8y8W81ZCPF0

The best new bit is the Batman-Vehicle-Takedown, which I hadn't seen before. It's the last fan question.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jun 19, 2015

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Never buy season passes beforehand. Never.
I would normally agree with you, but the GMG 40% off Premium edition sale was too good to pass up. No regrats.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
You mean from earlier in the thread? Way to go, gumshoe!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Yes or No: Does the Riddler campaign end with a satisfying-for-the-player slo-mo punch to the face or something that we've been waiting for for many, many years now?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Maytag posted:

Can he jump in this one?
What do you think.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
:woop: GMG just sent my codes :woop:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Crabtree posted:

The most thought out thing about Origins was Cold Cold Heart.
:agreed:

I really enjoyed CCH.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Reverse Centaur posted:

You say "y'all" despite living in NZ? What a crazy world
"Y'all" is the best word, that's why.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Some dumb idiot posted:

most inexplicably of all the framerate defaults to a cap of 30FPS if you don't edit said .ini file.

Tell me more.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Dogen posted:

Yeah but what's the ini tweak
That's also what I was getting at.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
That first Batmobile chase was some of the most embarrassingly bad videogaming of my entire life :negative:
(in that I was shockingly super-terrible at it)

Also, all this motion blur is absolutely killing my poor machine. Low settings for everybody!

redbackground fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jun 23, 2015

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I only had a few minutes this morning before I had to leave for work, but I knocked the Maxfps to 120 and put that post-MotionBlur setting to 0.000 and the game was definitely running smoother (I was having major tearing and stuttering just trying to grapple earlier), so that's a start. If anyone has any good tips on Batmobiling using a KB/M, let me know (I beat all the other games using KB/M, I'm not switching now--all that muscle memory is locked in.). I basically turn into Drunk Batman once I start driving.

The dialogue scenes seem so sleepy and there's always unnaturally long pauses after sentences, like there's a laugh track delay, and Gordon's new VA is not an improvement.

Countering a car headed towards you is always good fun, if you haven't tried it yet.

Looking forward to any and all patches that are in the pipeline.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Terrible question incoming: When Batman is hanging from a ledge or whatever, does LCtrl not drop him down anymore? What are you supposed to press to drop him down a level? I was hitting everything and he just hung there.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

CuwiKhons posted:

goddamn they rearranged all the controls, i keep trying to hit L1 to activate detective mode and that just summons the batmobile
Alt+1, 2, 3 for special combos still making me laugh.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
This has been making the rounds:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

Man, I thought my PC would hold up for at least another year or two based on Shadow of Mordor, but if this game is anything to go by I guess I need to upgrade now. It's borderline unplayable for me even on the lowest settings.
It's not you.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

No Ambient Occlusion for the PC port. (look underneath the coffee cup, f.e.)

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

8-bit Miniboss posted:

DOF is different looking too in the background. The PS4 version looks "correct" if that makes any sense.
PS4 has actual bokeh action going on. Just look at that solo bright light at the top of the skyline.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Yeah that's what I'm talking about. Didn't realize there was an actual term. :downs:
Do a GIS for bokeh and you get a bunch of pretty wallpapers.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

PoshAlligator posted:

Holy poo poo, from what I'm seeing this PC version is worse than Origins was at launch?

Man, I think I'm just going to wait on a patch. They've acknowledged it, right?
Sefton tweeted something about working with Iron Galaxy to fix stuff, but it's not going to be anything but noncommittals until patches are actually uploaded.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

This game is cursed.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Panty Saluter posted:

As we speak Steam is now re-downloading the entire g-d game.
Yup, this happens to everybody who tries to validate.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Flytrap posted:

I think I might be a dumb because I'm not sure what the curse here is.

Let's just say there's some kind of Spinal Crisis.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Panty Saluter posted:

There's definitely an in-game one. I can't recommend it.
It's broken anyway. It will show FPS over 30, but (if you don't muck with the .ini) the actual game will not go above that. It literally provides no useful information.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Looks like a small fix went through that may have fixed the validation issue. (acc. to that NeoGAF thread). Don't take my word for it, though.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Low textures look like loving mud lmfao. My rig could run GTA v almost maxed out with no stuttering, but this ugly game brings it to a halt.
Yeah, at Low, "textures" become "colors".

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Peewi posted:

I have textures on low and it looks fine, so there's probably also something else going on.

I think it may have been more of a streak of textures literally loading the barest resolution possible for way too long a time, and things just looked like a cartoon. I remember seeing a car pic on the Neogaf forum that matched the look, I'll see if I can dredge it up.

edit:

redbackground fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jun 24, 2015

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
edit: NM

redbackground fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jun 24, 2015

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

iGestalt posted:

Had my first real crash. Bah.

I really, really like the game but today it's been crashing and has worse performance than it had yesterday somehow! I hope it's patched :(

Is it likely?

There will be a patch of some kind, sure. What exactly it will address? :shrug:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

All these tears from PC gamers (master race.) Every time a new game appears, it's time for a million posts on how to get your Frankenstein's Computer to play the game. It's like you guys are more into specs and tweaking than Being The Bat and/or Night.

Not being to actually play the game does damper the mood, yes.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Aquasnake posted:

Also I saw someone earlier asking how to drop from a ledge. It's now ctrl+middle mouse button. Another one of the ??? Controls.
THANK YOU

wtf

redbackground fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jun 24, 2015

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Flytrap posted:

Ugh, I really hope the PS exclusive skins and Harley's little side story are worth all this. It's been downloading since Monday and it's still got 12 hours to go.

:aslol:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
So this may or may not be a thing:
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/report-batman-arkham-knight-uses-directx-10-when-nvidia-gameworks-are-activated/

Pretty dumb if true.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

GreenManGaming says I can't get a refund because it's been seven days and I already have the product on Steam.

And I can't get a refund from Steam because I didn't buy it there.

:shepicide:
Once that first patch goes through and if you're still having issues, if you write GMG nicely, I'm sure they'll help you out. (I assume you saw their latest press release about this.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Second day of release. Still no update on a patch?
They couldn't get it right in the time they had, an extra day isn't going to be enough, c'mon.

• Locked thread