Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
Please don't feel the need to use unmarked spoilers in here, though I know you guys won't because you're all cool, like me.

I have a question about a Premium Edition AK game I bought on NZGameshop a little while back, it's probably relevant to other online cheap steam selling guys. I've already done all my ordering and paying and whatnot and the site says: "Awaiting game release" before I'll get my key. My question is does this mean I won't be able to do a preload since I wont get my key until the actual release, or do they give the key out at preload time to take account for this or what? Also torrent sites usually have the steampreload of certain games up before the game releases, could I copy one of these into my proper steam folder and have that work as a preload or not?

Basically I'm so super excited and I can't wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

BreakAtmo posted:

Spoke too soon - my game and SP codes just appeared in my email.

Did you use the NZGameshop as well? Mine says dispatched but I don't have a key in my email so I hope they're not doing anything dumb like snailmailing me a cdkey...

Also thanks for all the help, fella.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I got mine from them and the steam code was in the mail.

That... seems a silly way to do things. The mail system where I live is garbage to the point where I saw an article in the paper the other day where a letter look 8 days to get across town, having worked for the mail center here I can vouch for that being predictable. So much for playing the game on release, sigh.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
30fps lock, are you loving kidding me?

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

The motion blur makes me want to puke poo poo.

Maybe don't eat poo poo in the first place, that way you wont have to throw it up.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Calaveron posted:

I know they said this would be the last Batman game, but I sincerely hope there's a kickass easter egg that hints at their next project like in the previous games.

Time to use multiple explosive gels on literally every wall in the game.

Messing with the ini files like crazy gave me partially acceptable performance, I can see such a fun game in here. If the performance issues get worked out I could see this being my favorite, I even like the batmobile.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

Even on consoles SoM maintains a fairly consistent 60fps. They had some sort of savant coding it.

I was really impressed how i could get 60fps in that game constant with my old HD6870, not so much with the ridiculous requirements for the highest graphics option but drat was that game malleable. Running through it again on my new GTX970 and it looks and runs great. The environments are pretty boring but I love the simple batmanesque combat and nemesis system so it's okay. I've even taken to nurturing some of my favorite orcs from grunts to warchiefs and then leaving them alone.

I miss Ratbag.

Regarding Batman: I know they don't have to give us a free game or upgrade but that would at least make me consider buying another one of their products again, which I will never do again in the current situation.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

They really are hard at work over there. Might even be able to release the game for the Christmas market.

This is just loving ridiculous, how much they suck.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Pirate Jet posted:

Ya'll just gonna skip over everything above it on that list and the note that that's not a top priority, huh?

Ya'll missed the point. Skipping a bootup screens is so monumentally simple that including it in a list of things that they are 'continuing to work on' only illustrates their incompetence.

Of course it's likely they just included that in the list of things they were working on to make themselves seem more busy or concerned with customer feedback, so I shouldn't be surprised at how stupid that statement was.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Pirate Jet posted:

You're not cute.

If they figured out how to fix something people were complaining about and then put it on the list then why is it such an issue regardless of how small it is? Why do you read so loving much into it? People in this thread will look for any excuse to say WB hosed their dog. Which is weird, because it's not like you need to look hard.

It's more that I'm continually amazed at how lovely they are at both programming and sharing information with the community, they keep silent for so long and then what little information they do release is still dumb, released in a dumb way and only shows how much they suck. I'm sorry this annoys you, from now on I'll only post complaints if they cross the important complaints threshold.

On topic: How many challenge maps are going to be released anyway, is it going to be anything close to Arkham City? Specifically the combat challenges, the new tools and fear takedown stuff has sort of ruined the predator challenges for me.

Also regarding the age of Batman, how long is Bruce generally accepted to be acting as Batman? I mean if Damien is a teenager and he has two adult Robins then he can't be a young fellar. The Knight points out how he's getting old but that might just but tauntinig. He must end his general role around the age of like 50 or so?

E↓↓ thanks guys

Bushmaori fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Aug 25, 2015

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

man nurse posted:

I wonder if they'll offer compensation to the people who bought this on PC when it first dropped.

I would be very surprised if they did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Seventh Arrow posted:

Also, in the combat maps, I'm not sure how to handle the guys who are covered in electricity (not the guys with the rave party sticks). I know you can knock them down with the electrical charge, but do you have to wait until their lightning animation goes away before you can hit them?

Also also, what's this I hear about a second ending?

Regular batclaw will get rid of their electricity, it also is a fairly protective move where you can fire it off against these guys with little threat of being hit. So as soon as you see a dude get electrified you can launch the batclaw ASAP and get a safe hit in.

• Locked thread