Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Any word on digital pre-load, etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The store I pre-ordered with said if it comes in early I can get it early. :buddy:

It won't come in early will it. :smith:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

It is pretty legitimately lovely to discuss a major unmarked plot spoiler in the thread for an unreleased game, regardless of the actual context of the spoiler.

Seriously. Maybe they're being "ironically" lovely about it, but that's still pretty dickish. Oh well.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Hakkesshu posted:

No, everyone's being unironically lovely, it's the new cool thing at SA

(gently caress those spoilers sound lame as gently caress tho the writing is garbage anyway it's super hard to give a poo poo)

Well sure, but it's nice being able to piece together this sort of thing by yourself rather than someone doing a low effort troll and just outright slapping into a thread, y'know?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Is that console footage? If so it looks a hell of a lot better than I thought it would.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Tatum Girlparts posted:

From what I've read their biggest sin is being boring and too common. I haven't heard much saying "Yea this is bad and lovely" just "Yea this is a really simple, boring, system that they kept making me do, that wasn't fun".

"Feature creep" is probably the best way I've seen the Batmobile described.

Does there look to be much replay value or is there simply a poo poo load of content in the main game to begin with?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
MKX was a perfectly smooth 60FPS at launch though? :v:

But yeah. 30FPS doesn't bother me if the game can actually stick to it. Bloodborne and the Witcher 3 were really hurt by the noticeable dips in smoothness, which I could've dealt with if they weren't so reliant on timing and the like.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Does Scarecrow remain consistently threatening? His new model and actor are fantastic.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

cram me sideways posted:

'Sweet' sentimental, or 'sweet' awesome?

I got spoiled on something that's really loving weird, but at this point I don't know. Maybe :siren:huge spoilers:siren:? Maybe not?

There's apparently a big song and dance routine involving the Joker.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Rorus Raz posted:

So Rocksteady is moving on from Batman after this, right?

Should we brace ourselves for yearly sequels from WB Montreal and whatever developer they grab for the even years?

I'll be surprised if a Deathstroke game isn't announced before year's end.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Anyone who has the PS4 version - is performance solid, or does it dip a lot?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

AngryBooch posted:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-hands-on-with-batman-arkham-knight

It's solid.

I'm waiting for word on if the PC version runs as smoothly.

Fantastic! Maintaining the frame rate is the most important thing for me.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Gordon's VA is SO BAD.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
PS4 version is fantastic at least. Rock solid, constant 30 FPS. Not had a single dip even when there's 18 tanks driving around all firing at one another.

Batmobile feels a bit superflous but it's fun to drive around in and shoot stuff with, if only to hear goons freaking out about Batman going homicidal. Thug banter is great all around though it's hardly a surprise - heard them poo poo on everything from the Joker to how stupid the Arkham Knight is so far. :haw:

BillBear posted:

Hearing that Jonathan Banks sucks as Gordon hurts to hear, :(. I really like him and thought he would own as Gordon.

He just doesn't seem very interested in what he's doing unfortunately. Like someone's bored uncle wandered in and got thrown some lines to repeat into a microphone. It's a shame as Conroy by comparison really feels like he's putting his all in, and this is coming from someone who doesn't particularly enjoy his version of Batman.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oracle. Major spoilers:

I don't know why but her "suicide" has left me pretty loving unsettled since I saw it yesterday. I've progress to the point of the game where I've just taken out the long range missile launcher on Founder's Island (clearing up side activities beforehand), but I keep thinking about the scene and just stop being happy, ugh. :smith:

That and the sequence where you see her get shot in the spine and whimper on the floor, paralyzed, hit me. I feel kind of annoyed with myself at getting this bent out of shape over a computer game but jesus christ I feel awful for her all around.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The Batmobile is my buddy and I will fight anyone who besmirches it.

What's the final tool you need to collect all the Riddler trophies, anyway? Or is it something that can't be done until post game?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Sober posted:

It's either the freeze grenade or just somehow randomly you need to get a hold of the programming chip for the riddler-bots to let you control them with the voice gadget. Not exactly sure how you get the last one exactly, seems like you just have to get it from fighting one in free roam, but I didn't get one right away.

Cheers man. Want to 100% this. Game is fantastic.

Still really down about That One Scene though. :smith:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Dapper_Swindler posted:

The electricution thing has always been a part of the batmoble. its an anti-hijack device.

The voice actors had so much fun doing the WRBLBLBLBLBLRR noise when they get shocked. It cracks me up like a loving lunatic.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Blind Rasputin posted:

I have a question about side quests. I've just gotten to Ace Chemicals in the early game and have only received the opera and fireman sidequests (and have seemed to only find one or two parts of those). Where are they all? Do they start opening up later in the game? I'm afraid I'm missing them all or something, or maybe I'm supposed to be playing the story in this game and quit acting like its the witcher.

You begin to unlock side missions quite quickly as you get further in the game, which also gives you "intel" that flags up specific areas to look in you haven't progressed a side quest for a while. It's done fairly neatly.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So about Azrael: is it confirmed that redeeming him locks you out of 100% completion because he doesn't end up in jail?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Some dumb idiot posted:

Don't think so, it'll just trigger your OCD since you'll be stuck at one less than the maximum for the capacity of the High Security Lock up, but it's not tied to any achievements or progress

Cool. That was niggling at me. Aiming for 100% before I hit the final area of the game.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh god I just discovered you can keep beating up the broken wrist dude at GCPD. :allears:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Would you shoot Batman? :v:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
You just have to press the interrogation button on him. There's no prompt for it though.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Serf posted:

I bought this on PS4 and I'm curious: how do I access the costumes that come with the game? I haven't found a way to use them yet, getting into the midgame.

They're under "showcase" and have to be activated from there. It's a bit counter-intuitive.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

khwarezm posted:

Is Scarecrow at all cool, interesting or intimidating in this game? He doesn't get jettisoned in favor of pointless bullshit halfway through I hope.

He's rather melodramatic with his speeches - something the goons will bitch about endlessly - but he's definitely very collected and threatening up until the end game. It's difficult to talk about his plan, or impact on the plot, without spoiling half the game unfortunately.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

khwarezm posted:

The goons who post on this forum or the goons who receive Batman's fist to their face as part of their daily occupation?

Oh, in-game goons.

Scarecrow drives the plot. He doesn't have an enormous amount of screen time (except on the big TVs :haw:) but he's used very well I think.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
That checkpoint with two heavies, two shields, two stun batons, two rifles and two medics made me want to throw my loving controller through the window. :argh:

Oddly I had absolutely no issue with the one(s) that were all rifles and turrets despite not being able to get the Batmobile in range.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Bugblatter posted:

The one by the bridge? How? Every time I go over the checkpoint walls I get nailed by the turrets.

Looking down from the building on the bridge side (the same building where an electric glove heavy is guarding a control point), I deactivated as many guns as I could and would lure the soldiers to one section where a single turret could see. I'd then blind that turret and use a Multi-Fear Takedown to eliminate all the guys with active guns - there's no weapon crate in that section.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Bugblatter posted:

Wait, is this not the checkpoint with a roof that blocks you from seeing in before you enter?

Oh, no, that's a separate one. There's at least three different ones like it - one you can angle the Batmobile in such a way it fires into the checkpoint, a second one where you can tear a wall down with the Batmobile and shoot into it, and the third is the one I just described above. I'm not sure if there are others like those but I haven't gone 100% yet.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
See, my favourite bit with that aspect of the game is on the airship where Batman actually loses it for a minute and stops pulling his punches with the enemy. They start screaming and begging after a couple of hits, trying to scramble away absolutely poo poo scared at the damage he's doing to them - it was brief but it really showed just how dangerous Bruce is without that one rule keeping him in check.

I dislike Batman as a general rule but the game sold me on what he struggles with.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh poo poo dude, spoiler that. Seriously. :(

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
For me I think it helped because I was seeing the Joker as a manifestation of Batman's fears and doubts, rather than an actual "image" of the guy. The dark humour, the violent urges, the use of information Joker would have no actual means of accessing - it was Bruce's own mind giving voice and a persona to these terrors. That end game sequence where the Joker is terrified of being forgotten struck me as less about showing us Joker's true fears and showing how Bruce finally comes to terms with his own.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

The Joker showed Bruce things that Bruce never saw but the Joker did, so I couldn't really see it that way.

I dunno, did he though? Joker sent Batman at least one tape of what he did, and he's certainly aware of how Babs was crippled, so I didn't think it was too much of a jump that his fear for losing other people would fill in any gaps. It helps that Bats doesn't verbally respond to any of this I guess!

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
We need an Oracle game. Press X to activate stairlift.

Also the Riddler's post game dialogue is great. He's only the person in the entire city that doesn't believe Bruce is Batman, thinking it's an elaborate double bluff. :allears:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, they haven't really topped the Freeze fight. It blends the game mechanics together so well whereas other bosses since are just plonking you in an arena and letting you get on with it.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
If nothing else I did like how the Arkham Knight kept losing his poo poo during drone battles and whenever you took an outpost. I was just waiting for him to smack his lieutenant and throw a temper tantrum about how incompetent everyone is.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The Carpenter should have been in Knight. :(

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

ShineDog posted:

If you look out to the east, it looks like theres a huge cruise liner with a ferris wheel on it. Whats that about? DLC location?

Batgirl achievements mention the Ferris Wheel, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Kin posted:

Oh yeah, how the hell do i get that riddle in the old cinema where you have to scan a cell. Something about father figure and i assumed it's something to do with Robin in the cell, but i just keep getting subject obscured.

Not sure about before, but in the post game there's a broken stave with some batarangs on it in front of that cell.

• Locked thread