Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Whenever I've bought a season pass in the past I've really liked the game, but by the time the DLC finally comes out I don't really give a poo poo and never bother touching it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

What kind of stupid fuckbucket decided to make the boxed PC version 5 discs, but spread only 7.5GB of the game's content across those discs? :psyduck:

I mean how the gently caress did they even do that? Was 25GB of the game not ready when this poo poo went to print, but they already had the discs allocated?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Heh. I already knew about imaginary Joker from casually looking at the internet too much, but that reveal was loving excellent.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Kin posted:

"waaaah, the drivings poo poo, it's been made badly",

The driving has been pretty universally panned.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

So far I like it when it's used cleverly as an extra tool in the arsenal, like switching to it remotely to ram/shoot/pull something and help Batman from a distance.

The driving and vehicular combat are already stale as gently caress.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Infinitum posted:

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/June-27-Update-on-PC-Version-of-Arkham-Knight/m-p/581700#U581700

Just had a quick spin around in the Batmobile and my LOD streaming pop-in poo poo seems to be improved a bunch. So progress~

Well it's a start. :shrug:

It's nice that it sounds like they're going to crank out patches and fixes as and when they're ready rather than just dumping a 30Gb download on everyone in a month's time.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

futureproof posted:

I'd really like that Batman V. Superman costume.

This is just the worst.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Holy poo poo the Arkham Knight's whining monologues are just getting grating now. Shut the gently caress up you little poo poo.

It's actually pretty upsetting that Scarecrow's being sidelined by this guy.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Mr. Unlucky posted:

why cant they just make a spiderman game like this its all the cool poo poo batman does minus the tedium.

Actually, who has the rights to make Spiderman games now? Wasn't there a thing a year or two back when Activision lost them and had to stop selling all the old poo poo Spiderman games?

I mean, there's no one to actually make a good Spiderman game, but I'd be interesting in seeing who attempts it next.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I feel like there's way fewer plot based sidequests than there were in City. Judging by the wheel anyway there only seems to be three or four that aren't collectibles or a series of little challenges.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Funky Valentine posted:

It is also fully in character for the Riddler to spend more time taunting you than actually building puzzles.

To be fair the rate at which he builds puzzles is pretty amazing.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

iGestalt posted:

Also he'd be incredibly dangerous if he like, set a nuclear bomb to go off and then hid it's location behind 362 different clues. Instead of what he does now.

He could just do that and not leave clues behind. Dude's a good hider.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Tanreall posted:

Anyone else notice that all of the negative reviews with thousands of up votes on steam have vanished? :tinfoil:

Still seeing the same reviews here.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I have no idea if this is possible, but if I follow Riddler's missions through to the end without getting every loving trophy, will I get the bad Riddler ending or something? Should I hold off on the last few missions in case I go insane and decide to catch 'em all?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

"Lucius. Save me some loving time and send me every gadget and upgrade that you have ready. I don't care if it need an extra 90 minutes worth of R&D, just loving send it now."

I mean seriously that guy must be working himself to death pumping this poo poo out in a single night.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I'd avoid insanely cheap third party key resellers.

Even if the key does work there's a good chance it's stolen or taken from a third world country and could be revoked.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I don't know if I've just gotten lazy and bad since City, but this time around I'm spending almost every stealth section jumping down on someone, punching them repeatedly until they're knocked out and zipping away. Rinse and repeat.

It's even simpler in the big outdoor sections since you can just fly off and come back in 20 seconds. I'm not feeling encouraged to use the environment, even though the same tools are available to me. I didn't feel like I could get away with being so poo poo in the previous games I guess.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Funky Valentine posted:

There should be a spin-off comic that's just about Riddler's misadventures setting up the trophies.

I especially love that he filled the airships with entirely bespoke and relatively complex puzzles while they were occupied by AK/Scarecrow forces.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I'd be ok with a Batman '66 game but probably wouldn't get excited about it.

Man of Steel was objectively awful.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

VolticSurge posted:

Because a movie where Supes acts like an rear end in a top hat,gets so many people killed,and straight-up murders a guy when non-lethal alternatives where available totally gets the character right.

But that's a discussion for a different thread,I'll leave it there.

In fairness, Batman does these exact things in this game.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I only just hit the 70% point, so maybe it's explained later, but how exactly does The Joker's blood turn people into aspects of The Joker? That's not how the human body works.

Also I feel like either me or the game is going insane at this point. I'm getting more and more physics and combat bugs and there were shockingly few before now.

My favourite so far in the last hour have been:

- Batman glide/shuffling up an escalator in pursuit of a thug with no animation
- Robin knocking a guy out at the start of a dual takedown and Batman making half-hearted combat moves at nothing
- Calling the Batmobile only for it to smash into the side of a building rather than going anywhere near me

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

If you didn't see them later at the station, I'd assume all of the firefighters just stayed there and were eventually killed by the thousands upon thousands of criminals, robots and tanks. I ain't seen no cops doing no rescues.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

CJacobs posted:

Has anyone else experienced this annoying bug where textures are just... randomly low quality and other times not? Sometimes they pop into their normal quality, sometimes they don't. I've had entire rooms just be the ugly-as-gently caress super low quality color blobs and never go to normal quality despite me hanging out in them for quite some time. Like, the firefighter guys are literally always just wearing blue/yellow blobs and then halfway through the conversation boink here comes their outfit. I'm assuming that's the bug Rocksteady talked about in their future patch notes.

It seems to be a streaming issue, but making the recommended ini tweaks did not do anything to fix it.

Yeah. 90% of the textures look great, but sometimes I'll come across something that takes a full minute to pop in properly. I sometimes sit and wait patiently while it finishes making itself acceptable.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I move it around a bit when I'm mid-animation and it's generally ok. It'd be nice if it was a bit more forthcoming on its own though.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

I was wondering why exactly blade dodge felt so finicky and terrible this time around and couldn't put my finger on it, but yes, exactly.

I also had a baffling number of instances where Batman just wouldn't do the aerial attack on the shield guys, he'd just roll right past them. No idea what's up with that. Still really liked the game, though, just finished it 100% a bit ago.

I am just getting through shielded enemies by waiting until there's some sort of projectile or special attack that makes them drop it.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

redbackground posted:

And goddamn the voiceover actor for A Certain Character at the end of the Perfect Crime side-mission did an absolutely incredible job. He threw himself into those audio recordings, too. Bravo!

Agreed. Even though the fight itself was silly bullshit, that whole setpiece was a wonderful thing to behold because of that performance.

Does the Batmobile ever get the ability to power winch two things at once? Up until now I've been leaving all the trophies that look like they might need this until later, but I'm nearing the end now and I'm starting to think that's not the solution. It's frustrating when you don't know which trophies you can get and which you can't with your current upgrades.

stev fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jul 5, 2015

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Pirate Jet posted:

Nope. Which one are you stuck on?

I can't think of any specifically, I've just been going 'newp, later' whenever I pass anything with two or more winches that doesn't look immediately solvable.

Just my own stupidity meaning I'll have more work to do later on. :) Never mind.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I must have driven/flown around Miagani Island a dozen times and I can't find the last Militia checkpoint. Is there one in a really obscure location there?

After that it'll just be the Riddler poo poo and the firemen before I've done all the non-main plot missions. I have a feeling I'm going to spend hours wandering around hoping to bump into fireman encounters. :(

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Found it. It was the high up one by the southern bridge.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

WB Montreal? If it's real then it'll be terrible, so cool. Also a good Superman game is impossible.

Holy loving poo poo after hours upon hours of watchtowers, checkpoints and tank fights, the Deathstroke fight is just a way easier version of the Cloudburst fight. :psyduck: gently caress this great game it's terrible.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I sort of hope Rocksteady is able to break free of WB's superhero machine and make something original or at least different. They're so drat talented I'd hate for them to be the dev that spends its entire lifespan iterating on what they started in Asylum and nothing more.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Real hurthling! posted:

if you wanted to piss lots of people off, sure. people hate this in games like metroid

Metroid is an extremely beloved series and this exact mechanic has become integral to what is essentially its own genre.

I'd much prefer something like that to just being told 'You're Superman, go destroy everything and we'll come up with some artificial difficulty excuses later if we feel like it'.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

ImpAtom posted:

It's sort of weird hearing this argument after Arkham Knight's release honestly. Knight is also extremely buggy, arguably moreso than Origins. (And if you're talking about the PC port, earlier reports say that the Knight port was done by the same people who did the Origins PC port!)

Origins was just poo poo though.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

theflyingorc posted:

Not really, it was just a cash in with no improvements made on City.

Which is probably more to do with decisions made by the people at the top of the company than it has to do with the game making abilities of WB Montreal.

Eh, I do have a fairly irrational dislike for games handed off to in-house studios for the purposes of pumping out sequels. Especially when people dare speak of them as if they're part of the series.

Bioshock 2 is dreck and I don't remember why.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

They're fun, but they're the only side mission that's literally just the same thing every time with no changes.

At least the bomb tank battles get harder with more enemy variety.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Now that I've hit the post-game wrap up/collectible hunting section I remember why I never like doing this in open world games. It's so drat lonely existing in a static world for so long after the story it's telling has been told. The main thing keeping me going at this point is the new thug dialogue, but even that's already started repeating itself.

It's a very unpleasant, game-y feeling that very few open world games manage to avoid. I think it's the lack of civilians/day to day life that does it. Once the story has been told and the reason for Gotham to be empty is over, it stops feeling like a place and starts feeling like a big, empty toy.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Whoever wrote all the goon dialogue for this trilogy needs a medal. Some of the best ambient dialogue in gaming for sure.

Even the rear end in a top hat generic mercs felt fleshed out, talking about their pasts in wars and the people waiting for them at home, or even just about how loving weird Gotham is to them.

I love how many thugs talk about their kids and partners too. They're people, drat it! And they're all loving idiots who assume that Batman is chasing them down personally whenever they so much as smell Batmobile exhaust. Like he has nothing better to do.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

theflyingorc posted:

My major ethical problem with that quest

It seems pretty messed up to put that fire chief guy, who was trying to do the right thing in the wrong way, in a giant cell that also contains Professor Pyg, Deathstroke, and Scarecrow

Dude gets free unlimited opera performances. We should all be so lucky.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Wait a second, Alfred just Facetime'd me to tell me that Knightfall is ready, but I'm sitting on 99% and have a shitload of Riddler to finish.

Will I be loving myself by doing it before doing Riddler? Because if I can get the full ending without dealing with that poo poo then I will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Mazerunner posted:

Batman's been getting lazy with the explosive gel. Used to be he'd do a nice looking bat, ears and points on the wings and all, now he just does a quick wedge and calls it good.

He also barely even flinches when he sets it off. Probably causing himself some real long term inner ear damage.

• Locked thread