Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Given there are videos of the game before it was released, running at 60 frames per second with Nvidia tech that not only worked flawlessly, but isn't actually in the finished game and there were no hitches in the framerate, I'm honestly wondering if some idiot accidentally pushed through an alpha version of the game onto Steam by mistake.

That's because they were on a PS4 test bed. The PC port was in the oven, for get this...

6 loving weeks.

^^ True story. 6 weeks to port the game to PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Mogomra posted:

Yeah, same here. When the textures work, everything looks pretty good, but there are times when they only load at a hilariously low resolution.

Ambient Occulsion on Player characters and water textures on Batman isn't even loving working. So, no, it doesn't look fine.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jun 24, 2015

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Honest Thief posted:

No fuckin way, source on that, please.

From Rerolled:

spronk;1140840 posted:

Apparently the team that ported the PC version had 6 weeks and only 12 people, so they just slashed features until it kinda worked. There is no ambient occlusion and people are finding missing textures all the time. For now, if you have the choice between a console and PC you should play the console version

Here is a link to the images. Ambient Occlusion doesn't even work, and notice the water textures not even appearing on Batman.

http://www.rerolled.org/showthread.php?5116-Batman-Arkham-Knight/page7

You will love this one too. Someone also called out some shill on another site posting as a regular gamer (Big shock here I know) who was called out as being the executive director of marketing for Warner Brothers telling everyone they were babies and to just relax.

http://www.rerolled.org/showthread.php?5116-Batman-Arkham-Knight/page6

So the guy turned out to be Ryan Moore from Warner Brothers and they called out his bullshit. (Top post on page 6 in a spoiler)

Fun stuff.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jun 24, 2015

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

GreenManGaming says I can't get a refund because it's been seven days and I already have the product on Steam.

And I can't get a refund from Steam because I didn't buy it there.

:shepicide:

Yeah if anything this will be a highlight for Steam for their refund program they now have in place.

Good inadvertent advertising for Gabe!

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Broseph Brostar posted:

Ironically, all of these profits they are losing will only lead to less support for releasing AAA games

It's a lose/lose for everyone

Well, on the bright side, they do not have a lot of sunk costs into hiring 12 people for 6 weeks to develop the port. So if you believe this, you should probably know the truth.

http://www.vgstations.com/en/news/item/4012-batman-arkham-knight-pc-port-outsourced-to-external-developer.html

And then you also have NVIDIA using PS4 Test Bed Dev Kits as marketing tools in that video above.

Anyway, how much would it cost to hire 12 people for the 6 weeks they were contracted? About 20k?

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jun 24, 2015

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

DarthBlingBling posted:

Wasn't that infamous ET game given 6 weeks to be made?

I say we revisit this thread in 30 years when we are watching a documentary on NVIDIA's false advertising and Warner Brothers assigning a 12 man team 6 weeks to contract out a port, and we can watch GTX 970 cards and boxes of the PC version of Batman Arkham Knight (We may have to use special effects here since I bet a majority were digital and didn't come with boxes) being dug out of a landfill saying, "This is where fraud in the games industry started to finally get it's rear end kicked".

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Djarum posted:

The real question here is how pissed is someone like Nvidia right now? Since they put a lot of money and marketing towards this game and have to be feeling extremely burned by it all. I mean they obviously had to have had some build of this game where it was running perfectly for those videos. It makes you wonder if WB didn't pull a bait and switch somewhere.

NVIDIA doesn't give two shits. They sold their 900 series cards and gave away copies of the game which I am sure Warner Brothers had a stake in as well so that agreement offsets by default. NVIDIA is also still in the shits reputation wise for lying about the available memory specs on their GTX 970's. I am sure WB and NVIDIA would love to show amped up PS4 test bed coverage with all the settings jacked on higher end hardware because it sells more for both. I would think the blame is lovely all around on this one.

At least the game works on consoles.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jun 24, 2015

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

PostNouveau posted:

Totally sucks if it's an unplayable pile of rear end for you (sounds like most PC posters), but if your complaints are "No shadows under the coffee cup!" or "My rain textures!" then you should probably just be enjoying the awesome game.

I think most PC gamers are sick of it not working, but Ambient Occlusion and having entire textures missing even if it runs somewhat well, are valid complaints and probably ruins their enjoyment of the game regardless as well. Because other than that, it's the same as every other Batman anyway with Battlezone thrown in to kill some time between the usual. Which is fine. But don't sell this as an amazing title when it's the same as all the other batmans. Which are good and fun. But nothing groundbreaking.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

PostNouveau posted:

I can't fathom this. It's, like, the spergiest thing in the world.

Yeah having textures vanish, no ambient occlusion, and buying what is a neutered game because 12 people were assigned to port it for the 6 weeks from start to finish before launch, is now spergy.

Get off it.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jun 24, 2015

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I'm at work so I can't actually watch Youtube, but someone posted the following link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsjmLNZtvxk

Apparently the video released by Nvidia was sped up to make it look like the game could run at 60fps. If you listen to the thugs talking in the background you can hear their voices going at chipmunk speed.

Holy poo poo.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Veotax posted:

Return to Arkham trailer is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWv07fouYvs

Is it me or do the graphics look updated? Like new textures and lighting?

That's usually what happens in remasters of older games.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Veotax posted:

Really? Because almost every one I've seen is just the game running an a higher resolution and maybe 60fps.

Depends on the remaster I suppose. For some, yes. This one however is being ported over to the 4 engine as well. So everything is updated.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Veotax posted:

Maybe I'm just a cynical rear end, but most of these collections and ports are mostly the same game with no changes running on the new system.

I'm just surprised that this seems to have some effort put into it.

No I would agree with you. Most don't. Most are just 1080p60 high def with all DLC added. TLOU was fantastic though as a remake. But it also may have been a test bed for Uncharted 4 and how far they can push things with the PS4. With that said I have both GOTY editions on PC from a Steamsale - so unless they really make use of a new engine that I cannot get on my PC, there is no point in me buying this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

redbackground posted:

Nothing has been confirmed since the game is currently an unfinished hot fire officially unfit for release.

I also don't understand what your beef with Trickjaw is either. Everything he's posted has been right.

Poptart hates it when people just don't jump on the viral shill bandwagon. Trickjaw tells the truth. Always.

• Locked thread