Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
if it's not rough it isn't fun.

Trickjaw posted:

I don't get how the batgirl dlc will be a 'retelling of The Killing Joke'. Batgirl wasn't in it, and unless they have Babs tooling around her wheelchair beating up goons and saving Jim, I think the only commonality is Joker, Fun Fair, and Gordon in peril. Unless Mistuh J shoots her just before the credits roll. But yeah, awfully excited and cant wait for the season pass to drop in price.

The assumption is that it's going to be exactly that. Instead of Batman saving the day, Babs is going to roll up in there, stop things, and get paralyzed at the end. The point of The Killing Joke wasn't to harm Barbara Gordon, it was to break Jim Gordon's spirit, so a retelling featuring her as the hero is still viable as long as Jim gets totally hosed in the head by the events along the way but still comes out of it sane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
Rocksteady is referring to the trilogy as THEIR games. Origins was a separate thing, done by a separate studio, using the same engine and some of the same assets. WB owns the story rights, so they can say it's tied together with no shenanigans. Rocksteady planned out a 3 game series, and Origins was just filler to keep fans going.

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
...There weren't levels in any of the previous games. It was open world with entry into closed spaces like buildings having a brief load screen transition. In this one, they've made that (they claim) seamless, so you just transition freely into buildings like it's a part of the normal world.

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,

CuwiKhons posted:

Alright, there's a Riddler trophy outside Panessa Studios that I'm too stupid to get - There's three question marks that need to be hit to unlock it and there's an electrified ceiling. I can EMP the ceiling to shut it off with the Batmobile, but doing that also shuts off the question marks. I can get a remote batarang up there and just hang out til the question marks come back on, but then I can only hit one of them that way and using the EMP again on the ceiling resets it. What am I doing wrong?

EMP it, launch out of the Batmobile into a glide, use the line launcher to perch, and throw regular Batarangs. Or get enough charge to use the EMP and then follow it up with Batmobile rockets.

• Locked thread