Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

So if you 100% the Riddler stuff, do you get to punch his lights out or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Spacebump posted:

You get a boss fight with Catwoman on your team. It also saves the riddles for a new game + play through.

redbackground posted:

You get the only real boss fight of the game.

That does sound interesting. Especially after the cheesy 'reward' in Arkham Origins.

I just (barely) finished the Ranelagh Ferry trial. In a way, I'm kind of glad that my video card seems a bit under par, as the somewhat choppier gameplay gives my grandpa reflexes a bit more of a fighting chance :dance:

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Yeah. I mean, I get that Origins was a prequel game and so they wanted to set up the Riddler as a mysterious villain soon to terrorize Gotham, dun dun DUN!, but that's no way to reward all that effort. Maybe leave it for a side quest or something.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

So for lot of the predator maps, the guards like to bunch up in groups of two. Are there any good strategies for breaking them up? Fear multi-takedowns are fun, but very noisy.

Also, in the combat maps, I'm not sure how to handle the guys who are covered in electricity (not the guys with the rave party sticks). I know you can knock them down with the electrical charge, but do you have to wait until their lightning animation goes away before you can hit them?

Also also, what's this I hear about a second ending?

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

Devices are good for that. Usually I just target loners when this happens- there's almost always one.

Several weapons can defuse the electric charge- the most popular is the batclaw.

Cool, thanks!

quote:

Batclaw takedown ices them instantly. Try some of the other gadgets, too.

Just to clarify, I think the batclaw takedown is not the one where you pull them toward you and crowbar them - I think it's the one you use combo points for and knocks down the other guys in an AOE.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

There are some Riddler puzzles where it gives you a set of coordinates and you have to go there and initiate a race to get the "?" trophy. Sometimes I find it's easier to do this by cape gliding if you have the Mach III Super Cape upgrade or whatever it is - although you have to do a lot of grappling because you seem to get an initial speed boost from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Just played the "Season of Infamy" DLC and I thought it was pretty cool overall, especially the Killer Croc stuff. Very atmospheric, and the boss battle was great, if a bit brief.

• Locked thread