Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Should I bother to finish Arkham Origin before this comes out? I still debating if I want to get this right away, but I never finished Origins which I was given for free on the PS3 with the season pass. Last time I played was after beating Deathstroke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
They just reveal the Arkham Knight is really Superman and this is just a prequel to the movie out next year.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Coolguye posted:

it will be talia

Maybe she mad that Batman carried the man who 'killed' her out of the theater instead of her.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I don't know about that.

I did hear there's a segment of the game where you run over Killer Croc with the Jokermobile, though.

You just spoiled the plot for Batman: Arkham Asteroid.

It will take up the idea of Friday the 13th movies, Joker X.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Resumed Arkham Origins, which is pretty fun still and also helping me remember how the combat in these games differ after finishing Shadow of Mordor last week. Since I am picking up Arkham Knights on Tuesday I probably get through the rest of the game and the Mr Freeze DLC before it out. I just curious how far I am to the end of the base game, as I just defeated Copperhead.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Won't be able to play until tomorrow as my copy is at Best Buy to pickup (not interested in the midnight launch), but in the meantime I finished Arkham Origins. Which honestly is pretty good outside of the game glitching out in the sewers under Blackgate, with Batman constantly asking to raise the water level. Took about ten minutes to figure out the water level was up, but Batman was bugged out still and kept saying this until he got killed by some trap.

Playing Cold Cold Heart now, which so far is pretty great. How long is it through, as I like to probably finish it tonight so I can start up Arkham Knight tomorrow?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Been playing for a while and the game is really fun. Combat feels so much faster after marathoning through Origins. Curious if you get another 'devil trigger' combat ability like the Electric/Thermal Gloves from Origins.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Terrible Horse posted:

So, am I insane, or can you not use DLC skins in the main story (which was a big cool deal when revealed that you could) after you get the iron man suit (which happens like 30 minutes in). I had my DKR suit on, accessed through the extras menu, but now I cant. Seems like a lot of dishonesty in this game.

You can reselect your costume after upgrading to the Iron Man suit. I was wearing the Batman 66 costume when that happened, and then next time I played the game swapped to the JLA 3000 costume just fine.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

plape tickler posted:

There really needs to be an option to turn down the frequency of criminal chatter. I can't go 10 seconds without hearing the same blathering.

I still haven't figured out how to catch up with Man-Bat so half the chatter is coming from him.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

What about the Mr. Freeze fight from Origins?

Didn't like that fight as much, since the thugs made it a lot more annoying to set things up with him.

Also I didn't really like the Deadshot fight in Origins since it a even more annoying version of the Two-Face fight from AC, but with the added bonus of him being about to hit you from anywhere in the room if you are spotted. This wouldn't be too bad except when he near death you need to take him out without being spotted or you get a instant game over when he kills the hostage.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wouldn't it just be a repeat of the Electrocutioner from Origins?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Funky Valentine posted:

AzBats, Final Form: Peak 90s Comic Book Design

You know I actually liked this costume in Arkham Origins. It 90s as gently caress, but looks great in game.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Funky Valentine posted:

Arkham Slade is really lame compared to Teen Titans Slade.

He's not even voiced by Ron Perlman, so what's the point?

That's a shame. That is probably my favorite version of the character outside of the one from Arrow.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I like how one of the whiteboards in GCPD has shifts listed for Reneé Montoya, Harvey Bullock, and John Jones. I'm glad this thread told me to go back to GCPD periodically. It's cool seeing all the little changes.

Shame we didn't get Bullock to show up in the game. He was in Origins with his VA from the Animated Series, which was great hearing his voice again.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

There are a couple of references to Robin in Arkham Asylum but they're generic Boy Wonder kind of stuff. He isn't really shown or clarified until City, so it could have been Dick or Tim. The one I remember most distinctively is Joker asking Batman how he punishes his sidekicks with the joke being "isn't that outfit you make them wear punishment enough?"

Jason Todd is only mentioned obliquely with Joker mentioning having killed a Robin and making crowbar jokes as part of his overall commentary IIRC.

Also Robin almost certainly existed before Arkham Asylum because Babs was already Oracle by that point and her having a career as Batgirl before there is any Robin doesn't make sense.

Even through "The Batman" was overall okayish, it did just that by having Batgirl exist before Robin.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Fulchrum posted:

Who is Owens?

I am figuring the cop from the opening dinner. Shooting someone while under the fear effect does change the dialog about him.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

poptart_fairy posted:

He gets locked up regardless due to being under the effects of the toxin, but if you went on a shooting spree while controlling him he'll be constantly down on himself even after recovering and being let out. He can't look his son in the eye, can't focus on his work and is always thinking about the people he killed. It's implied he's going to leave the force if not outright top himself due to the guilt. :smith:

Kinda glad I fired most of the shots in the air when the guy was grabbing me. And the only person killed was the guy choking him.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The only thing odd about that whole sequence with the Oracle is how it all just Scarecrow gas, but Arkham Knight and Scarecrow keep saying she killed herself, yet she is perfectly fine later..

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Even through it would probably been a mirror match/similar to the Deathstroke fight, I would loved if they used HARDAC from the Animated Series and his robotic Batman clone.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

theflyingorc posted:

Am I crazy, or was there something about Red Hood in City? I could have sworn that they discussed him in some capacity.

There was a sequence in Arkham Origins where the game cuts to Joker talking to Harley, where it first showing him being a bad comedian fighting mooks, but then cuts to him as the Red Hood walking through the chemical plant to get knocked into the vat by Batman.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Calaveron posted:

Did Origins do anything new other than the pistol-style disruptor and remote batclaw and if so did Knight take anything from it?

It had the Electrocutioner Gloves, which I did like, as it was sorta of a "Devil Trigger" ability in the game to quickly wipe out the big thugs. And the fact you could upgrade it to absorb electricity made the tazer guys a less of a issue. Shame you couldn't steal those back from the Police Department as well.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

poptart_fairy posted:

So is it known that Oracle was Batgirl, or is it something that only the Batfamily are aware of, with Gordon believing her paralysis was the result of a "random" attack from the Joker?

Nobody else knew, not even Joker. She was just shot because she was Gordon's daughter.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Narcissus1916 posted:

Just did the Panessa Studios section. Jesus.

That said, I'm kinda miffed at how prevalent the texture pop can be (I'm on PS4). The framerate holds up incredibly well, but if you get some speed with the batmobile and move between the islands the texture loading can get all sorts of messed up. Got into a tank battle where most of chinatown took 10-20 seconds for the buildings to "pop" into view.

I expected a bit of texture pop here and there when diving from distances and stuff, but Founder's Island has been home to some super noticeable loading while gliding around.

Also, I didn't plan it this way but its hilarious that Batman locks Tim Drake in a cell and then immediately joins Nightwing for some crimefighting. What a dick.

You know, Batman sure really didn't cared to save the boxer and old man from being murdered and then committing suicide. In City and Origins he would at this point summon the Remote Batrang and use the Reverse version that seems to never get used again to take them out, but in the game he just stood there and watch and didn't seem to give a poo poo.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

TheRedEye posted:

This game sure hates Robin.

Especially if you talk to him immediately after the cutscene where he gets put in the cell instead of Bruce. Doubt this won't lead to him snapping in the future.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
With all the discussions about the thugs, I am so glad the martial artists from Origins didn't return. I mean they were a interesting new gimmick, but I always forget about their counter and get hit.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The timeline of this series is a mess. Batman went through three Robins in six years?

Looks like in this timeline they seem to always be in their 18s or so when they become Robin.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Arkham Origins seems to be the end of Year 2, and Knight is ten years later. Hard to say when the sidekicks came in, though multiplayer suggests Robin was in Year 3.

That sounds right. In Origins there is posters for the Grayson preforming soon, with posters saying it been delayed or something like that.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

So...how many people in this thread is really the Riddler?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Crowetron posted:

Croc's criminal tendencies and rage issues all stem from his appearance and people reacting to it. You could have Superman or a Green Lantern drop him off on a planet of chill lizard folk, and he'd probably mellow out. Or at least that what I keep telling DC in my letters demanding a Killer Croc in Space series.

There was that Batman the Animated Series episode where Croc stumbled upon a community of former circus freaks who welcomed him to their community. But he then tried to rob them and gets sent back to jail.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

SonicRulez posted:

Did you? I played hers once and decided that was enough. I didn't like her gameplay much at all. I really liked playing as Red Hood though, I replayed his a few times.

It's not true, but it felt like drat near every character has black hair and blue eyes. Now I know in the comics the idea with Jason was to make him look like Dick for Bat Reasons, but I don't recall that being the case with Tim.

Wasn't it established in the comics that Jason has red hair, but Bruce has him dye it black to be more like Dick?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Calaveron posted:

I liked how the Joker looked healthier and healthier as the game progresses, losing all the gross Titan scarring and splotches to the point he is immaculate during the game's climax.

Yeah I noticed that too. Makes him slowly gaining control over Batman's body by having his own body heal over time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

CJacobs posted:

Apparently it's good, but hella short. Like a little over an hour even if you take your sweet time.

Seems like a theme with these side character DLCs.

• Locked thread