Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Does any one know if the weekly events are done with for Madden 15?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Over 300 solo games out of the gate. Dear lord.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

Over 300 solo games out of the gate. Dear lord.

time2grind. I'm going to MUT this year, and I'm not giving EA a single penny after all the goddamn money I blew on it last year. I'll take the packs that come from preordering and that's that. You really, really don't need to buy packs to beat people.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Will there be feature differences between last generation and current generation versions?

I do find it funny that they announced a new mode with "people told us we should do fantasy football, so here's Hearthstone mode!"

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I suppose I should probably get that league thread ready soon, huh

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Dubious posted:

I suppose I should probably get that league thread ready soon, huh

I loving preordered. At least I did the online this year. No way am I standing in that god awful midnight release line ever again.

Good thing is I had a $50 GameStop card I turned into PSN bux.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Are you ready for the grind dubs?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Draft Champions looks like it might be a fun game mode.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

Are you ready for the grind dubs?

My body is ready to unlock the Tebow and AP cards and run train all year long. 100 Draft Champion badges....

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dubious posted:

My body is ready to unlock the Tebow and AP cards and run train all year long. 100 Draft Champion badges....

Same but mariota and hopefully Sankey or Cobb gets a good card

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

davecrazy posted:

Draft Champions looks like it might be a fun game mode.

I hope it's the Kevin Costner Draft Day Simulator I've been waiting for.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

The more I read about it the more i'm interested in it. It's like MUT but instead of perpetual it resets at the end of every set of games and nobody will be able to build an all 99 squad of superstars.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

davecrazy posted:

The more I read about it the more i'm interested in it. It's like MUT but instead of perpetual it resets at the end of every set of games and nobody will be able to build an all 99 squad of superstars.
Yep that's basically the goal, you can get a couple 99 guys but not an entire team of them.

FebrezeNinja posted:

Will there be feature differences between last generation and current generation versions?
I can't remember what there is between them this year but I know that Draft Champions is in 360/ps3.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
The ratings for MUT cards are up on the M16 site.

The 90 OVR Tebow from doing draft champions is about 10% lower rated, probably less, than his broken as poo poo 97 OVR card from M15.

I am grinding 100 draft badges right outta the gate.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Are you guys preordering? Any idea what the best preorder bonus offers are? Looks like Amazon and PS Store have the same one.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

If you opened more then a thousand packs in game in 15 EA sent you a free copy of 16. People are posting them all over the usual places.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

davecrazy posted:

If you opened more then a thousand packs in game in 15 EA sent you a free copy of 16. People are posting them all over the usual places.

Saw this on twitter... wonder what there are at the other levels. At the same time now I want to know how many packs I opened.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I mean a thousand is a LOT of packs. Even if you ripped 60 at a time that's like thousands of real life dollars.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

That is smart as hell on EA's part. If you spent that much on a game over a year then give the next version for free to continue the addiction.

Edit: I have $60 in reward points so I am thinking of getting the $100 version. Please talk me out of it.

jabro fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Aug 18, 2015

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Scud how many people got one? Ballpark. Dozens? Hundreds? Thousands?

quote:

Edit: I have $60 in reward points so I am thinking of getting the $100 version. Please talk me out of it.

I'd say don't do it but I too make bad decisions on a shockingly regular basis.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Aug 18, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Theres probably a good chance I am getting one of those freebies; I spent waaaayy too much goddamn money on MUT 15. I made quite a bit back, but I'm sure I broke 1k packs.

When you have a lot of disposable income in your spending budget microtransactions can creep up fast. I'm not spending a dime this year and plan to grind a team. That and draft champions sounds legit as hell.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

They'll have a web site where you can check you rewards level but it's not live yet.

I think I hit the 250 level easy but 1k is a LOT of packs. Games been out about a year. That 25 packs a week for 40 weeks.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Aug 18, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Yea we'll see I guess. I know I'm well over 500, I went absolutely loving hogwild on 40 bundles during the Freeze promo and the draft promo.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I played a ton of Madden Mobile but all they give out is 5 packs max. I didn't 100% it so I'll be getting 4. I didn't play any on console last year so I think I might play more of that instead of mobile.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
dave, combined i bet we opened 1000 packs, so by that logic, EA should send us games.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Dubious posted:

dave, combined i bet we opened 1000 packs, so by that logic, EA should send us games.

You guys only opened 980 packs combined. Luckily I opened 22 to put you over.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I had to run home for lunch for a legit reason and there was no sign of fed ex. Which actually makes me kind of relieved.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

So I'll start with a decent Sherman and ETIII for doing the Master set in 15 if the tweets is to be believed.

The Mutrank guy still around? His page added the 16 database, but its all mixed in with the 15 one.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Aug 19, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
lol I knew spending that money on those 40 bundles on those two promos did it. I got a copy. I'm so glad I got some of it back in the spring because that was something i'm never doing again.

I will give my extra PS4 copy to one of you goons at random and save you the preorder! I thought about hawking it on craigslist but I'll pay EA's generosity forward.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

You motherfucker.

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002

Dubious posted:

lol I knew spending that money on those 40 bundles on those two promos did it. I got a copy. I'm so glad I got some of it back in the spring because that was something i'm never doing again.

I will give my extra PS4 copy to one of you goons at random and save you the preorder! I thought about hawking it on craigslist but I'll pay EA's generosity forward.

I would have offered to buy it! You sure?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Does Sony refund preorders?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
OBJ's tats are rendered.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Let us know if you get any good hits from your starter pack.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
It gives a lot of starter packs for solos played and sets collected, and runs off an every 50 per reward.

I got an 85 Earl Thomas, the 90 OBJ, and an 85 Jamie Collins for my elites and 7250 coins. I got the 77 Michael Vick from my free pro pack, a good starter.

The objective solos are great, quick 1 to 2 minute affairs that so far aren't eating contracts.

I'm gonna dig into franchise mode now.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

If you pull that gold Stafford I want that bad as my starter QB. Hold onto him. I'll come up with a trade.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Accuracy is huge. I just threw 4 picks with Tebow in cfm and they were about 15 yards off the mark. So, real tebow.

XP via game prep is nerfed into the ground. Smart drafting and FA gonna be a thing.

Dubious fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Aug 19, 2015

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Woooo, thought I saw you playing online earlier and did a doubletake. I've got a few days off work, UPS account with overnight, and a paypal account full of cash from a recent sell; so if you do decide you want to turn a profit, let me know. If not, see you next week!

Currently working on wrapping up my last couple of trophies I never got around to in 15, my owner's legacy score is stuck at 30 points less than Lombardi no matter how many superbowls I win.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dubious posted:

Accuracy is huge. I just threw 4 picks with Tebow in cfm and they were about 15 yards off the mark. So, real tebow.

XP via game prep is nerfed into the ground. Smart drafting and FA gonna be a thing.

How about mariota

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

Havoc904 posted:

Currently working on wrapping up my last couple of trophies I never got around to in 15, my owner's legacy score is stuck at 30 points less than Lombardi no matter how many superbowls I win.

I found losing a (couple?) super bowls helped get this trophy.

• Locked thread