Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
loving late season content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

loving late season content.

160 games :staredog:

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Get to it!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Dubious posted:

160 games :staredog:

There moments, not full games but yeah. It took me 3 days to crank this series out in August.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

There moments, not full games but yeah. It took me 3 days to crank this series out in August.

same

I didn't have plans this weekend anyway

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I should play the loving lottery, because holy loving poo poo

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I loving hate you.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

davecrazy posted:

I loving hate you.

I too am jealous at that kickass Reuben Randle

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'm playing a Madden 11 franchise, since it was the last one I liked. One of the side effects is Jimmy Clausen is still a thing. Year five I play vs him in the preseason and he's 88 overall (By comparison, Ben is a 76). Clausen tries to throw a screen but somehow the halfback got stuck behind him and the result is he flings a dart 40 yards behind the LOS. Jimmy... :allears:

The older versions were so much more realistic...

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I sold those two cards for almost 4 million coins, on top of the 800k i already had.

I bought Golden Ticket Tebow, 99 Larry Fitzgerald, 99 Adrian Peterson, and 98 Antonio Cromartie.

GT Tebow is the most hilarious, broken video game football man I have ever played.

I still have 2.2 million coins :getin:

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
NEW COMMENTATORS

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/m...campaign=buffer

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

:five:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Madden NFL 17 - Nantz and Simms fired into the sun

Not looking forward to the multiple meg commentary download every week, but it's a cool idea. Can't wait to get some fresh lines about how OBJ wrecked Josh Normans poo poo in real life last week in the game.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jun 8, 2016

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

Madden NFL 17 - Nantz and Simms fired into the sun

Not looking forward to the multiple meg commentary download every week, but it's a cool idea. Can't wait to get some fresh lines about how OBJ wrecked Josh Normans poo poo in real life last week in the game.

not going to copy verbatim but you may have a drat good idea of how i'm naming the new thread

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
it'll be kind of weird that they'll be talking about what's going on in the nfl in real life outside of exhibition/UT matches, but it'd still be more interesting than the old commentary team. outside of that, everything sounds 1000x better. good, engaging commentary that actually understands what's happening in the game and can keep up with the context would be incredible.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Volkerball posted:

it'll be kind of weird that they'll be talking about what's going on in the nfl in real life outside of exhibition/UT matches, but it'd still be more interesting than the old commentary team. outside of that, everything sounds 1000x better. good, engaging commentary that actually understands what's happening in the game and can keep up with the context would be incredible.

It would be, but that's more on the programmers than the people doing the voice work.

I figure this year will be a step back in commentary variety since we're starting from scratch, but it'll hopefully set a nice base for the future.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

It would be, but that's more on the programmers than the people doing the voice work.

I figure this year will be a step back in commentary variety since we're starting from scratch, but it'll hopefully set a nice base for the future.

we don't know if they would be talking about norman and obj in the 2024 afc championship game or not yet, so we'll have to wait and see. even if they did, i wouldn't mind it if they were more interesting and the commentary was more tied in with what was happening in the game.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Volkerball posted:

we don't know if they would be talking about norman and obj in the 2024 afc championship game or not yet, so we'll have to wait and see. even if they did, i wouldn't mind it if they were more interesting and the commentary was more tied in with what was happening in the game.

The big thing for me is to get them talking more about what is going on in the rest of the league, to make franchise (CCM, whatever) actually feel like one big universe instead of a bunch of exhibition games. I'm not saying that it's totally on the side of 16 exhibition games right now, just that it's closer to that than I would like. If they talk about playoff races more, and record setters more, and how draft picks are panning out more (and with some variety) that'll be a big step up. I might even take the game off mute.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

also not sure how much of a consideration this is, but doesn't the fact that they're getting more unknown announcers this time mean they might be cheaper per line? like maybe we'll get more base commentary by virtue of that alone

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

zimbomonkey posted:

also not sure how much of a consideration this is, but doesn't the fact that they're getting more unknown announcers this time mean they might be cheaper per line? like maybe we'll get more base commentary by virtue of that alone

That and then actually being EA employees will definitely help, I'm just not expecting them to match the total lines in the first year. I could be completely wrong and they might sit in there for hours on end and get a ton of lines compared to last year, I would just be surprised.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
The way the blog post reads to me, is we're going to get exactly that - much more variety in the commentary because they don't have to pay out the rear end for Simms and Nantz to take a break from getting hammered at a country club for 6 hours to spit some lines out. It reads more to me that they're regular full time employees at EA, so I imagine they'll have just a biiiiiiit more access to them.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I swear to god the next time i have to hear about golfing, plates of dessert or dancing i'm gonna flip poo poo.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Dubious posted:

The way the blog post reads to me, is we're going to get exactly that - much more variety in the commentary because they don't have to pay out the rear end for Simms and Nantz to take a break from getting hammered at a country club for 6 hours to spit some lines out. It reads more to me that they're regular full time employees at EA, so I imagine they'll have just a biiiiiiit more access to them.

Hopefully I'm wrong and that'll be enough for them to catch up with all the lines the old team recorded over the better part of a decade in the first year. Surely they will by the second, I'm just tempering my own expectations a bit for year one.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Also if you listened to the interview with the announcers they mentioned something about bringing up players that came from the supplemental draft.

If Madden 17 went deep enough into the franchise mode to add the supplemental draft then I'm legit excited. That's a deep cut.

foolish_fool
Jul 22, 2010
I just want commentators not to break when you break a single season record in franchise mode...

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Well if you think about it every new addition is technically breaking the record... If they didn't mention the number everytime they would be accurate

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
MY IMMERSION

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Dubious posted:

I'll just say this, I'm having to work with the producer mentioned in the post on something else and for a while I wasn't able to ever get a hold of him because he was always down in the recording booth getting lines recorded.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

ohhh read it wrong nvm.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

real_scud posted:

I'll just say this, I'm having to work with the producer mentioned in the post on something else and for a while I wasn't able to ever get a hold of him because he was always down in the recording booth getting lines recorded.

So you're saying at least two people should be in charge of big projects for accessibility

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

The big thing for me is to get them talking more about what is going on in the rest of the league, to make franchise (CCM, whatever) actually feel like one big universe instead of a bunch of exhibition games. I'm not saying that it's totally on the side of 16 exhibition games right now, just that it's closer to that than I would like. If they talk about playoff races more, and record setters more, and how draft picks are panning out more (and with some variety) that'll be a big step up. I might even take the game off mute.

Yeah that would be cool as hell. There's a lot of specialized commentary for actual nfl players, but generated players never get any love. It'd be really cool if the game would recognize that a player is the best overall in his position and had unique poo poo to say about it. Things like that to add some personality to your players careers.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I have a sixth round receiver that literally holds every single season record in the books (and a 3200 yard season because madden) and hearing him mentioned as a decent receiver is a little offputting.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

zimbomonkey posted:

I have a sixth round receiver that literally holds every single season record in the books (and a 3200 yard season because madden) and hearing him mentioned as a decent receiver is a little offputting.

He's a product of the system.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to make the new thread once the CFM post hits the blog, so hoping thats not too far off.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

jabro posted:

He's a product of the system.

Yeah the system where Madden has to use its draft to recreate player stories. This guy is an antonio brown clone.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Got absolute trash out of my Journey 5 packs. Throwback 93 OVR Jordy Nelson, Flashback 96 Owen Daneils, and Superbowl Malcom Smith.

Ugh.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

Got absolute trash out of my Journey 5 packs. Throwback 93 OVR Jordy Nelson, Flashback 96 Owen Daneils, and Superbowl Malcom Smith.

Ugh.

The best (worst) thing about MUT is at some point those cards were baller :3:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I would of been happy with JPP or Cruz as the flashback. Owen loving Daniels? lol

Smith is ok in a 4-3 and I still have the 96 Brooks, I should buy the 99 Tuck and run a 4-3 for a month.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.mutrank.com/16/lineup/13552

I have 1.3 million coins, what the gently caress do I even buy anymore that's even a position of need. Getting all of those coins from just those 2 24 hour cards made me filthy rich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm going to hope that there is a 4th of July promo that gives you a card in 17 like last year. Spend whatever it takes to do that (if it happens again) and then liquidate my team and just finish sets (MVP, UL, FE). The more sets you have done in 16 the more day 1 loyalty vouchers you get in 17. So why not.

• Locked thread