Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Kuai posted:

BLM is kill. Time to play SMN.

RIP BLM, we hardly knew you... :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magile
May 20, 2008
edit: crappy RAF stuff. moved it

Magile fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jun 19, 2015

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Do I rush BLM to 60, rush MIN and GSM to corner some markets, or change into the sparkly new MCH?

Lord help me...

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Jay Rust posted:

This has probably been answered a thousand times, but will the new jobs be given all of their abilities like BAM! FIGURE IT OUT! Or will they find a way to teach you how to use a couple at a time before they send you out into the world?

Literally like more than half your abilities all in one go, just figure it out. It's going to be glorious.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.

Magile posted:

Recruitment Code:

This is going to get ridiculously old real fast with the new rewards, can we get some more sirens or perhaps a blingee for the raf link in the op?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

The Chairman posted:

It's looking like you'll get all the 1-30 ones at once. They haven't said anything about any kind of tutorial quests as far as I know.

I guess the assumption is that anyone who's played enough to get through 2.55 is going to have a fair idea of how to figure things out.

(hahahahahahahaha)

Magile
May 20, 2008

psymonkey posted:

This is going to get ridiculously old real fast with the new rewards, can we get some more sirens or perhaps a blingee for the raf link in the op?

Just saw it. Going to remove my post, thanks.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

I can't wait to hang out with my pal Curious Gorge in about 8 hours, it's been a long time :toot:

iKissChicks
May 1, 2008

Boogaleeboo posted:

I am going to immediately jump into dungeons on a DRK after getting a new haircut and spend exactly zero time learning the new abilities. Whatever happens, happens.

This, but with AST. It will be beautiful.

shwag
Apr 23, 2008
My body is ready.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Remember to switch from DX9 to DX11 if your system supports it in the launcher config.

If you're not sure, run the benchmark.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Veks posted:

RIP BLM, we hardly knew you... :smith:

It kinda looks like Enochain will be easy to keep up all the time, so is BLM really in a bad spot? Fire IV is pretty beefy.

Flare nerf is kinda sad, but aside from that BLM seems to be looking good to me.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
Sorry BLM, I have to abandon you in favor of SMN this time. How else will my catgirl be a Bahamut otherkin like she was meant to be?

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Boten Anna posted:

I can't wait to hang out with my pal Curious Gorge in about 8 hours, it's been a long time :toot:

I was set to go WAR -> DRK for like 3 months up till now and then I actually took a look at the new WAR abilities and the notion evaporated really fast.

I'll probably still give it a fair shake but good god I don't think it'll be easy to give up the axe.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

flosofl posted:

Remember to switch from DX9 to DX11 if your system supports it in the launcher config.

If you're not sure, run the benchmark.

My body is ready.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

My body is ready, but it's 3am and how do I sleep

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

My yeast is rising.

:gitgud:

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Magil Zeal posted:

It kinda looks like Enochain will be easy to keep up all the time, so is BLM really in a bad spot? Fire IV is pretty beefy.

Flare nerf is kinda sad, but aside from that BLM seems to be looking good to me.

True, but they added incentive to stay even stiller than before but nerfed the things that allowed you to do it in the first place. idk, it's not looking as appealing as it was before now, at least for me...

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ok fine.

Leal posted:

Post your catgirl

I wanna start blackmaging again right now. :supaburn:

I stumbled into having tomorrow off so i can start setting poo poo on fire as soon as i wake up (servers permitting).

Maybe i'll just stare at the launcher 'til then.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
God I wish I knew who used my RAF code so I could find out if they subbed enough for me to get Twintania immediately.

I also wish I'd taken all of Friday off work instead of just the afternoon, those hours are going to be the slowest in history.

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:
Finally got my drat password reset. Thanks to whomever threw me the support phone number in the old thread. After waiting for about 30 minutes, I finally spoke to a LIVE HUMAN and she was really nice and really helpful and it made me happy. Apparently if you have an @att.net email, you don't get SEnix stuff AT ALL, and therefor can't reset your password. So we changed my email and got me rolling. Thanks nice Square Enix support person. You don't know me but I love you.

I'm ready to play again, just need to get high enough in level to make a machinist because I only hit somewhere in the 20s with my arcanist. :negative:

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I cannot wait to poke dragons' poo poo in with my lance and corner Exodus's mining market but my loving video card has taken a poo poo :smith:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

ActionZero posted:

God I wish I knew who used my RAF code so I could find out if they subbed enough for me to get Twintania immediately.

I also wish I'd taken all of Friday off work instead of just the afternoon, those hours are going to be the slowest in history.

when there are the inevitable server problems and you're bored at work just go read the official forums like the rest of us, it's the same thing but you'll get paid to do it

Who Dat posted:

I'm ready to play again, just need to get high enough in level to make a machinist because I only hit somewhere in the 20s with my arcanist. :negative:

you have a long, long road ahead of you

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Is the RAF page broken during maintenance? The link in the RAF OP doesn't work for me, but it's the first google result too, so.

I wanted to go get my code so I could post it and get cool swag someday :(

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Ciaphas posted:

Is the RAF page broken during maintenance? The link in the RAF OP doesn't work for me, but it's the first google result too, so.

I wanted to go get my code so I could post it and get cool swag someday :(

You generate the code via Mog Station, which is still up.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

when there are the inevitable server problems and you're bored at work just go read the official forums like the rest of us, it's the same thing but you'll get paid to do it

you have a long, long road ahead of you

Is that even true? Don't you just need the expansion to access the new classes?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

The Chairman posted:

You generate the code via Mog Station, which is still up.

Aha, thank you kindly. :)

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Kaldaris posted:

Is that even true? Don't you just need the expansion to access the new classes?

You have to have cleared 2.55.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
IN ON THE HYPE TRAIN

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I don't even know why I bought the expansion, I only hit level 47 with my paladin a few nights ago, I still have two levels to go to continue the story, and it's not like I can keep going with the story without doing the other patch storylines first :smith:

tithin fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jun 19, 2015

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

tithin posted:

I don't even know why I bought the expansion, I only hit level 47 with my paladin a few nights ago, I still have two levels to go to continue the story, and it's not like I can keep going with the story without doing the other patch storylines first :smith:

That's not a bad thing! Enjoy the ride, the best problem to have in an MMO is "too much stuff to do". On top of that, as of tomorrow Heavensward will be adding, from what some of the dataminers have said, i110 soldiery gear to the quest rewards somewhere between 2.0 and 2.55, which will make your transition to Heavensward all the smoother :)

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Mordiceius posted:

IN ON THE HYPE TRAIN

not emptyposting

petcarcharodon
Jun 25, 2013
You'll also be getting xp from said quests with buying the expansion.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
are crafters/gatherers also limited by the 2.55 gate? or can they keep doing their thing

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

My body is ready*

Is yours, Midgardsormr?

*this isn't true; I'm changing to Au Ra first

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
I'm actually more excited about the new bluray ost than I am for heavensward :v:

Regardless I'll be on around 6ish am (assuming I can even get in) to poopsock with everyone.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
I wonder how much XP those new XTREME levequests will give, and if they'll be feasible for leveling the new classes with. Even if not, the new-class-FATE-rush will be glorious to witness.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Tarranon posted:

are crafters/gatherers also limited by the 2.55 gate? or can they keep doing their thing

A quick glance at the data mined class quests for crafters and gatherers suggests that Before the Dawn is required to advance beyond the 2.0 stuff.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Will level 50 still be the cutoff for the armoury stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I'm interested in seeing if Squeenix ever releases infographics on how many people preordered Heavenward, and how many copies going forward in the first few months are copies purchased post-launch. (Maybe even a breakdown of having had accounts before 3.0, and accounts created afterwards.)

• Locked thread