Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Pink Peanut is both good and a scoundrel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Wacky Delly posted:

Good news! It's going to be 3 dungeons in SB.

The worst part about this change is that for whatever reason there's still only going to be two dungeons in exdr on even patches instead of always having three dungeons from 4.1 on.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Fister Roboto posted:

The worst part about this change is that for whatever reason there's still only going to be two dungeons in exdr on even patches instead of always having three dungeons from 4.1 on.

Wait, really? I figured the second set of 2 dungeons would keep the previous single in EXDR. That's unfortunate.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Halfway through! 12 hours to go, friends

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Ouhei posted:

It certainly saved a few hours, but if I remember right they adjusted the drop rates fairly quickly? Either way at no time in this game would doing your relic for the sole purpose of getting a head start on the next one be advice anyone should give anyone. Relics are cool if you play a lot and can keep up with the grind or if you do it at your own pace for the glamour/novelty of it all.

I personally have an incomplete BRD relic from 2.0 and an incomplete DRK one from 3.0 and I'll probably never finish either. My goal for 4.0 will be to keep up with it on PLD, but we'll see how the content goes.

One of these days I'll spend the time and Poes to get Excalibur for Paladin, the ARR Zeta relic, but I burned out on the umbrite phase for my anima, and I don't even like the sword you get at the end. I was trying to stay on top of it so I could have a better than 235 weapon, but then I got enough points for a Kinna sword and decided to leave it at that. My entire time in HW was trying to catch up to current content anyway... So I'm excited to start the 4.x relic at the same time as everyone else.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Tsurupettan posted:

pink peanut is my FRIENd

hm.... FRIEN d...

FRIEN...

I NE R F...

I NEED REAL FRIENDS

expanded meme brain surrounded by galaxies and stuff

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Harrow posted:

Weirdly enough I think the job I'm most interested in leveling after Red Mage might be Bard. I was never that interested in it before but it looks like it's going to be really fun in Stormblood. I'll look forward to reading Bard players' impressions I guess.

I played Bard in 2.0 then dropped it quick once they added cast times. I prefer ranged DPS but there is something in this game with how it splits client vs server governed actions where casting feels bad. Like I can move then stop moving, start casting and get interrupted because the server didn't get my no longer moving command in time.

I am definitely going back to bard and machinist in 4.0.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
ICYMI -

Comment at the bottom has a few more.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Rainuwastaken posted:

Wait, really? I figured the second set of 2 dungeons would keep the previous single in EXDR. That's unfortunate.

Yeah that's what I thought too, and I was glad that we'd always have three dungeons in exdr, but they're not doing that, because ???

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

isk posted:

ICYMI -

Comment at the bottom has a few more.

proclick

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Jinh posted:

Thankfully halatali hard is one of the coolest and most memorable dungeons in the game though.

Gird your loins!

We got halatali hard for uldah gauntlet dungeon and hullbreaker hard for limsa.

Can't wait for Ten Billion Maws of Totorak (hard) gauntlet in SB for the Grindania version.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Truga posted:

Can't wait for Ten Billion Maws of Totorak (hard) gauntlet in SB for the Grindania version.

with the exciting Raubahn, Merlwyb and Kan-E-Sanna fight in it.

Because the Twin Adders don't have any notable Second in Commands and Kan-E-Sanna's a WHM so they can't really carry a gauntlet dungeon by themselves :v:

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Truga posted:

Tama-Tara Extreme. :colbert:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

EponymousMrYar posted:

Because the Twin Adders don't have any notable Second in Commands and Kan-E-Sanna's a WHM so they can't really carry a gauntlet dungeon by themselves :v:

I want to believe in Drunk Kan-E-Sanna dancing and dropping all the Holys

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Truga posted:

Thousand D'awwws. It's full of couerl kittens.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

EponymousMrYar posted:

It's just gonna be green slime enemies exclusively and every time you get hit you get 20s of non-removable heavy.

Also instance timer is 10 minutes and it takes 11 to run from entrance to exit with heavy.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Now that swimming is in the game, how long until I can get a swimming pool as an outdoor furniture item? Make this happen yoship.

Even if it has to be some goober raised swimming pool instead of an inset pool. And if they can do an inset pool then add outdoor aquariums where I can keep nepto dragons. What I'm saying is I want to turn my house into a water park and I won't rest until my dream is fulfilled.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Thundarr posted:

Now that swimming is in the game, how long until I can get a swimming pool as an outdoor furniture item? Make this happen yoship.

Even if it has to be some goober raised swimming pool instead of an inset pool. And if they can do an inset pool then add outdoor aquariums where I can keep nepto dragons. What I'm saying is I want to turn my house into a water park and I won't rest until my dream is fulfilled.

I still want aquarium walls for my house. Tier 4 just doesn't cut it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

A Spider Covets posted:

pink peanut is an early puller and a charlatan

please be careful

Pink peanut can manage to early pull even when they're not online.

SettingSun posted:

I thought the anima head start mattered at least a little, since the original drop rates for the crystals was poo poo so it could have taken quite a bit of time to get them?

I went to get my fire crystals in Azys Ila. I started the day with 1 crystal already in my possession. My wife and a goon joined me in fate grinding. About 5 hours later they got their 3 from 0. How many did I earn?

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
PSA: If you are getting an "unable to complete version check" error when trying to patch the game, the problem is with your DNS server. Using Google's 4.2.2.2 will get the new version of the launcher to download and then you can proceed to patching. (Solution from here.)

Also, no one has mentioned the most important change in the patch notes:

quote:

The algorithm used to calculate GP recovered when changing to a non-gatherer class has been adjusted.

The limit to accumulated GP as a non-gathering class has been removed.

No more having only 400 GP when you switch to a gathering class, so you don't have to waste 2-3 minutes waiting for your GP to tick to full after switching. The GP recovery buff at level 70 is nice too but honestly I think this is more important.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

isk posted:

Thousand D'awwws. It's full of couerl kittens.

Pick the weeds in Kan-e-Senna's medicinal garden, but don't pick *too* hard, you might put your back out!

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

jalapeno_dude posted:

No more having only 400 GP when you switch to a gathering class, so you don't have to waste 2-3 minutes waiting for your GP to tick to full after switching. The GP recovery buff at level 70 is nice too but honestly I think this is more important.

Usually if I do gathering, I'm going to be doing it for an hour or two and set up something to watch on the side and don't really care too much about that tbh.

Definitely a nice change when you're hunting something and you notice the window is up *now* though. Gonna save a couple watered cordials

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm not mad that Anima won't let me skip step one of the next weapon. I'm mad that Umbrite was such a massive tome sink and continued to be so long after that step ceased being relevant. That was almost as bad as books.

Leofish posted:

If Stormblood was this, and only this, it would still be good:

Dukka posted:

QoL: the game

:piaa:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I didn't mind umbrite at all, but I played very slowly through that step. I'm definitely going to be pissed if there's gonna be some exclusively random drop bullshit like atmas I can't skip though. I'm super super glad I had the relic to skip that one, even if the drop rate wasn't bad, because RNG always fucks me hard when it matters even remotely.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

super sweet best pal posted:

I'm not mad that Anima won't let me skip step one of the next weapon. I'm mad that Umbrite was such a massive tome sink and continued to be so long after that step ceased being relevant. That was almost as bad as books.

Tome sink is right. I just kept accumulating sand currency afterwards that by the time I was done with my first umbrite step, I was already all sanded-out for relics 2 and 3, and I *still* had five sand left over at the end.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Allarion posted:

I want to believe in Drunk Kan-E-Sanna dancing and dropping all the Holys

Or an increasingly angry Kan-E-Sanna whining about her tanks not using cooldowns.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

hobbesmaster posted:

Or an increasingly angry Kan-E-Sanna whining about her tanks not using cooldowns.

We probably don't want Kan-E Senna to go Galadriel on us. Use your cooldowns, tanks!

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Leofish posted:

My entire time in HW was trying to catch up to current content anyway... So I'm excited to start the 4.x relic at the same time as everyone else.

I feel this. I'm gonna try really hard to fit in good play time so that I can enjoy all the MSQ stuff and do what I want, but also make it into the EX primals and raids. And a new weapon (also armor???) apparently.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

SonicRulez posted:

I started the patch download on my PS4 this morning and then put my PS4 on standby. Now as I return, it says it was unable to download patch files [2015] and some other one. Now it's started over at 0. Is anyone else having any issues or what? I know downloading the original client had an issue or two, but it never completely started over.

Only PSN downloads will work in Rest Mode. Sony let SE do the downloads through ffxivlaunch and that needs to be actually running, not suspended (so if you go to trim a video clip or something it'll also stop the download).

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Do not bully Kan-E-Senna.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Male and female versions of Red Mage artifact armor, spoiled for w/e reason:

I... actually like the male version better. Not that the ladies one is bad, but the cravat is much more stylish in my opinion.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Thundarr posted:

We probably don't want Kan-E Senna to go Galadriel on us. Use your cooldowns, tanks!

If you go fast enough she won't have benediction up for the 2nd boss!

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

kirbysuperstar posted:

Only PSN downloads will work in Rest Mode. Sony let SE do the downloads through ffxivlaunch and that needs to be actually running, not suspended (so if you go to trim a video clip or something it'll also stop the download).

Which is hilariously inconvenient.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Thundarr posted:

Something tells me that the programmers who put together the swimming and diving system have actual nightmares about people begging them to implement swimming pools. I can only imagine what kind of horrors live inside the source code for it

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

jalapeno_dude posted:

Also, no one has mentioned the most important change in the patch notes:

https://twitter.com/LailaKasimir/status/875358031156043776

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Filthy Haiku posted:

Male and female versions of Red Mage artifact armor, spoiled for w/e reason:

I... actually like the male version better. Not that the ladies one is bad, but the cravat is much more stylish in my opinion.

You call that a RDM hat?

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Got a link on where to view all these sick new models? I wanna see

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
The male whm has a corset. With it tied in a bow in the back

why

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Grondoth posted:

why

does this mean i'll be able to wear the maid outfit on my male characters soon? finally? yoshi please.

e: vvv :mrgw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Grondoth posted:

why

easy access

• Locked thread