Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
Awwwwe, they nerfed the moogles quest exp? gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Yoshi has finally realized his dream of becoming the undisputed world champion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEWhnVmYKDY

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Grondoth posted:

The male whm has a corset. With it tied in a bow in the back

why

to make it sexier

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Kjermzs posted:

Only at/over 60, as it should be. Ixali have given a pittance after 50 since HW launch or soon after.

Tekne posted:

"Oh my god!" - YoshiP. This is the coolest poo poo.

isk fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jun 15, 2017

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

isk posted:

Only at/over 60, as it should be. Ixali have given a pittance after 50 since HW launch or soon after.

"Oh my god!" - YoshiP. This is the coolest poo poo.

I misread that like a dummy, thanks! Looking forward to new gold saucer weapons.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tekne posted:

yessssssssss

E: Wrestler confirmed for 5.0

Jinh fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jun 15, 2017

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer

hobbesmaster posted:

Or an increasingly angry Kan-E-Sanna whining about her tanks not using cooldowns.

Alternately it's a fight with a short enrage timer, where the NPCs bitch at Kan-E-Sanna about being a pure healer and not casting damage spells until she goes "FINE! IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT!" and wipes the PC party.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Are we still sharing end-of-HW photos? Well, I am!

Yoyotuni Zizimbalah

Voted most likely to not play on Excalibur

(That is my PLD tank gear.)

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
have the crafting recipes been datamined? if not, can/will they be? i want to grab the 1-2 crafting ingredients i'm missing for the RDM primal weapons before people relist and adjust prices

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Jinh posted:

yessssssssss

E: Wrestler confirmed for 5.0

You mean 4.1

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kjermzs posted:

for level 60+

They don't want people grinding old content for the SB leveling.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Tekne posted:

is this the moment yoship sees the light and changes MNK lv3 LB to a suplex?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
god, I hope so. It's not like having the boss's model suddenly disappear and fly up into the air is any worse than BLM's "you're all loving blind now" LB3.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Meteor is the comedy wipe limit break. That nearly happened to me when a BLM used it just as Cloud of Darkness spawned her own. We didn't die though. :(

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

SwissArmyDruid posted:

god, I hope so. It's not like having the boss's model suddenly disappear and fly up into the air is any worse than BLM's "you're all loving blind now" LB3.

My Static runs a BLM and A10S farming was a treat/nightmare because the LB3 for the adds would hit around the time the second buzz saws hit so sometimes I'd see fire then a saw would enter my torso.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I've caused several DS wipes because I Meteor the second it's available, even if the healers need it. I regret nothing, it's a good LB.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Here's a gallery of my 3.0 npc dialogue adventures: http://imgur.com/a/JfXCJ

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Flavahbeast posted:

XD

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Flavahbeast posted:

This is excellent and I am glad we're in the same FC.

:same:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I took this awkward family photo last night before logging off.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Just want to give a quick shout out to all the folks that helped out with the gear drive this year. More people contributed money, materials, and most importantly time to this project than I expected, and as a result we were able to get over 50 newbies and returners geared up in time for Stormblood. Special shout out to Una Ventful, who probably did more crafting than everyone else combined. Thanks for all the help and see you in Ala Mhigo!

KoB
May 1, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

They've said a few times now that the process would be very different in Stormblood because they want to tie it in with Eureka.

Whats Eureka?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

KoB posted:

Whats Eureka?

Diadem round 3

KoB
May 1, 2009

Countblanc posted:

Diadem round 3

:negative:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Someone on the dev team really loving loves the idea of the diadem, and they're going to keep forcing it on you until you do too! :argh:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i love the idea of it, and was willing to give it a second chance in good faith. but they've pretty much burned my good will regarding diadem-likes at this point. if Eureka is good, hey, awesome! but i'm super not excited about it

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

What did they do for Diadem round 2, anyway? I missed that.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Not that it matters anymore, but there were a couple of things I never quite figured out on Diabolos Hollow.

- Does the damage of his Earthshaker vary with distance from center, either of the targeted players or collateral?
- What exactly are you supposed to do for the purple AoE stack indicator with an eyeball in the middle?
- In the Double Edge finale are you actually supposed to stack for the aoe stack indicator attacks? You'd think so but every time I've gone in I've died horribly, without fail.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I've never done diadem 1 OR 2, since they both got such a bad reputation.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Fister Roboto posted:

Just want to give a quick shout out to all the folks that helped out with the gear drive this year. More people contributed money, materials, and most importantly time to this project than I expected, and as a result we were able to get over 50 newbies and returners geared up in time for Stormblood. Special shout out to Una Ventful, who probably did more crafting than everyone else combined. Thanks for all the help and see you in Ala Mhigo!

Word, I wouldn't have finished the MSQ in time without you guys.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Ciaphas posted:

Not that it matters anymore, but there were a couple of things I never quite figured out on Diabolos Hollow.

- Does the damage of his Earthshaker vary with distance from center, either of the targeted players or collateral?
- What exactly are you supposed to do for the purple AoE stack indicator with an eyeball in the middle?
- In the Double Edge finale are you actually supposed to stack for the aoe stack indicator attacks? You'd think so but every time I've gone in I've died horribly, without fail.
1) Distance doesn't effect their damage.
2) You stack and look away from the targeted player.
3) Those stacks require a ton of people or you die. Even with a bunch they still hit hard.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

Earthshaker does flat damage as far as I can tell, it's only important to ensure the least amount of people get hit as possible, especially the healers since if they get hit by both they'll likely die
The purple stack indicator is stack and look away, as indicated by the Gaze eye
I don't know what double edge is but there is a big tankbuster that can be shared

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

What did they do for Diadem round 2, anyway? I missed that.

Before you fought dinosaurs forever

Now you do fates for short periods of time and then either reset or fail to do a raid boss

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CuddlyZombie posted:

Do content and make your own judgements imo, maybe you'll end up being one of the people that really like Verminion

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

CuddlyZombie posted:

Diadem is bad but I would actually place it higher than several forms of content in this game. Not high enough where I did it more than twice, because it's boring and the rewards suck. The basic thrust is that you go to ishgard, buy some dumb thing, and then queue up for combat or gatherer diadem. Never bothered with gathering diadem since I haven't had much crafting to do lately, so from here on I'm only talking about combat diadem.

Aside: getting real tired of content that should obviously be in the duty finder not being there. Getting dragged to Quarrymill or Ishgard just to queue for things is tedious.

Once inside, you will get a random task to accomplish. The last time I did diadem, both of the tasks we got were to go to a location and click some lure item, that would then cause enemies to spawn. Once we killed enough enemies, the task will complete and you will be left to your own devices for a bit. During this period you just fly around doing fates and looking for treasure chests until you get assigned another random task. After this task is complete... I dunno. When I did it, that was it. We had filled our bar and just had to fly back to the camp and hand in to collect my reward. At which point I could either stick around and farm fates, hoping that some raid boss might spawn. Or I could leave and requeue.

So pretty much it's just fate grinding with slightly more direction.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

strong bird posted:

Earthshaker does flat damage as far as I can tell, it's only important to ensure the least amount of people get hit as possible, especially the healers since if they get hit by both they'll likely die
The purple stack indicator is stack and look away, as indicated by the Gaze eye
I don't know what double edge is but there is a big tankbuster that can be shared

Let me tell you about the DS group I had that would repeatedly not share the tank buster with me. Then I had the healers chew me out because I'm supposed to pop my defensive cool downs (all 2 of them as a WAR) on each and every tank buster when he casts it multiple times I guess :jerkbag:

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Tekne posted:

1) Distance doesn't effect their damage.
2) You stack and look away from the targeted player.
3) Those stacks require a ton of people or you die. Even with a bunch they still hit hard.

To clarify with the Gaze Stack, you should also look away even if you intend NOT to stack. the gaze effect extends about twice as far away as the ring is wide. The ring is only for the stack damage the targeted player is about to suffer and not an indicator of how far reaching its Terror gaze effect is. It's not a very good marker overall because of that. It's not so important for Ranged or Healers(honestly everyone should be on his rear end anyway until he absorbs Scathach since it's the safest place to be,) but it's super duper important for the Main Tank to realize this.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jun 16, 2017

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
if you have two defensive cds on warrior the problem is you're trying to do dun scaith at like level nine

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Ciaphas posted:

-Nope.
-Face away from the one person marked. Stand in the stack circle. It is possible to do both simultaneously.
-Yes, but it needs more than like, five people. By that point, there is no point in stacking, and you may as well sacrifice the marked person and rez them afterwards. I *believe* the stack target is always a tank unless all tanks are dead, so if you can keep chain-rezzing them, and everyone else who are still alive are decent at dodging and not punting other people into balls, you can weather Double Edge until Diabolos kills himself with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
foresight, thrill of battle, raw intuition, thrill of battle, infuriate -> inner beast, holmgang?

• Locked thread