Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

tithin posted:

Will level 50 still be the cutoff for the armoury stuff?

If you mean the armory EXP bonus, classes below level 60 get 50% extra, and below 50 it's instead 100% extra, as long as it's not your highest level class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I finally just got around to downloading and running the HW benchmark, 'cos I wanted to make sure I could do the DX11 client.

Was... was that the DRG LB3 at the end there :stare:

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Calling it now, two hours before the scheduled maintenance ends SE is gonna make a post extending it for another 6 hours.

Gonna laugh when it happens.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Ciaphas posted:

I finally just got around to downloading and running the HW benchmark, 'cos I wanted to make sure I could do the DX11 client.

Was... was that the DRG LB3 at the end there :stare:

Yes. And you can see ALL the new LB3s in this launch trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGFZ6RJqTWY

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I shouldn't have done that, I had my hype levels under control before I watched the benchmark. drat it.

fount of knowledge posted:

Calling it now, two hours before the scheduled maintenance ends SE is gonna make a post extending it for another 6 hours.

Gonna laugh when it happens.

don't you loving do this

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Leal posted:

Post your catgirl

Neither a cat, nor a girl. Just a gentleman in a bear's body.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Magil Zeal posted:

If you mean the armory EXP bonus, classes below level 60 get 50% extra, and below 50 it's instead 100% extra, as long as it's not your highest level class.

Yeah, I have no idea how it works. It was explained to me that any class below level 50 - once you have a level 50 - gets a 50% XP bonus.

I don't know how true that is.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Captain Oblivious posted:

Yes. And you can see ALL the new LB3s in this launch trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGFZ6RJqTWY

shouldn't be watching this either but my mouse appears to be moving of its own accord, help

Kuai
May 25, 2004
tbh SE has been pretty good with their patches/maintenance :shrug:

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Post your male catgirl.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Leal posted:

Post your catgirl

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

you have a long, long road ahead of you

drat right I do. :black101:

(I'm going to hate my life getting to 50 right? :smith:)

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer
Anyone want to buy a non-steam key? I accidentally got one off of GMG but I can't activate it.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

tithin posted:

Yeah, I have no idea how it works. It was explained to me that any class below level 50 - once you have a level 50 - gets a 50% XP bonus.

It's wrong. Magil Zeal is correct, just having one higher level combat class gets all other lower level combat classes the armory bonus. I don't think crafters / gatherers get it though.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mazed posted:

My body is ready*

Is yours, Midgardsormr?

*this isn't true; I'm changing to Au Ra first

:hfive: Au Ra buddy. It was good being a Roe but it's time to change.

Anyone switching over hopefully made and saved their appearance in the benchmark program.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

tithin posted:

Any class lower than your highest class gets 100% bonus exp if they're under 50 and 50% from 50 to 60.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Leal posted:

Post your catgirl

You meant potatogirl, right

heed not the siren song of the au ra

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Leal posted:

Post your catgirl

Sorta

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

You meant potatogirl, right

no we meant potato

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.

Leal posted:

Post your catgirl

Am I doing this right?

FRoe have the best level 1 armor.

She'll probably become an Au Ra.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

brokenknee posted:

no we meant potato

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Renegret posted:

Neither a cat, nor a girl. Just a gentleman in a bear's body.

Blackmage broheim!

Holla.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

So, I put my pre order registration code in the other day, the SE site says that the download for heavensward opens up on 6/23, so how does the early access work? Is there just gonna be a massive patch come the end of downtime and every client natively supports heavensward or what

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Spaceman Future! posted:

So, I put my pre order registration code in the other day, the SE site says that the download for heavensward opens up on 6/23, so how does the early access work? Is there just gonna be a massive patch come the end of downtime and every client natively supports heavensward or what

The downtime is now, 24 hours.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Leal posted:

Post your catgirl

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
lets get ready to smash the dragon!Z

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

The downtime is now, 24 hours.

well yeah that much is obvious but im wondering if were gonna get like a 7gb heavenward patch or if there was supposed to be a separate download someplace for early access.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'd forgotten I was a Roegadude for a while.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Spaceman Future! posted:

well yeah that much is obvious but im wondering if were gonna get like a 7gb heavenward patch or if there was supposed to be a separate download someplace for early access.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Oh god still don't know if I will dragon waifu or stay FRoe. At least I have a few days before the CE fantasia is delivered to decide.

To those of you crazy fuckers taking time off work on a MMO expansion launch day, I wish you a stable login server. Hopefully if there are any issues they will be fixed within 12 hours.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Spaceman Future! posted:

have you considered firing up the launcher

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

There was a separate update for ARR players so they can play with HW players like Au Ra or the new jobs. The updater knows which one to get based on your account. If you have a HW preorder code entered for your account it'll download the proper HW patch which is something like 8 gigs.

e: My friday plans is to roll an au ra made in the benchmark in some barren server and see if I like their animations and how they look. Gotta save that $$$ on puppet accounts to get twintania instead of fantasia'ing to get the right dragonprincess look! :retrogames:

e2: au ra aura gently caress spelling

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Leal posted:

Post your catgirl

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Can't wait to log on to play the xpac and still need to finish 3 patches worth of quests before I can.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

I was spamming my magitek cannon at the Ishgard gate last night and I forgot to teleport back to the goblet before the servers went down, I hope I don't end up in some sort of overcrowded zone purgatory when I try to log in tomorrow. :ohdear: Also kind of regretting preordering off Amazon since it looks like I won't even get the code so I can download the HW update until tomorrow.

I'm thinking about finally getting CNJ up to whatever level gets my SCH stoneskin now that you get a 100% experience bonus. I can't wait to be that guy pulling all the new classes queued for LLDR into Tam Tara and Sastasha

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

Scottish fold?

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

I was spamming my magitek cannon at the Ishgard gate last night and I forgot to teleport back to the goblet before the servers went down, I hope I don't end up in some sort of overcrowded zone purgatory when I try to log in tomorrow. :ohdear:

SE is introducing (temporary) instanced zones to the 3 HW starting zones on some servers (including Excal), specifically to prevent that.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

I was spamming my magitek cannon at the Ishgard gate last night and I forgot to teleport back to the goblet before the servers went down, I hope I don't end up in some sort of overcrowded zone purgatory when I try to log in tomorrow. :ohdear: Also kind of regretting preordering off Amazon since it looks like I won't even get the code so I can download the HW update until tomorrow.

I'm thinking about finally getting CNJ up to whatever level gets my SCH stoneskin now that you get a 100% experience bonus. I can't wait to be that guy pulling all the new classes queued for LLDR into Tam Tara and Sastasha

CCH/CMH/the other one are going to have 3 instances of each zone for a bit.

e:f;b

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, if your account has HW linked to it you get a special confirmation prompt in the launcher to download the expansion content, since you can't remove just the expansion later, you would have to do a full uninstall or something.

Basically you will know if you are downloading it and if you are somehow not sure you should probably go check your account page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Leal posted:

Post your catgirl
Uh, I think I'm in here... somewhere.

• Locked thread