Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

homeless snail posted:

All your poo poo carried over. So you come in at the beginning of the 2.0 MSQ with a bunch of 50s you don't know how to play.

Even in death, 1.0 still had one final "gently caress you" to players. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I believe in 2.0 fracture was worth it on dragoon, though the first round of buffs in 2.1 ended that.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Serperoth posted:

Even in death, 1.0 still had one final "gently caress you" to players. :allears:
Legacy chocobo + paying $8 a month makes it all worth it.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
use bloodbath, life pulse and powersurge on dragonfire dives to get the most out of your aoe

use elusive jump to get out of the red

:supaburn:

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

homeless snail posted:

All your poo poo carried over. So you come in at the beginning of the 2.0 MSQ with a bunch of 50s you don't know how to play.

So were they just deposited at the beginning of the MSQ at 50 and forced to level-sync their way through the whole thing?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Rincewind posted:

So were they just deposited at the beginning of the MSQ at 50 and forced to level-sync their way through the whole thing?

Yes. I came in with a level 30 lancer and my first 8 hours of the game were spent getting caught up on msq.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Did someone write down the coords. to unlock Astrologian? Can't see patch notes because of maintenance.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
At least there's level sync. Lesser games would make you go through all those dungeons at max level. :v:

Demicol posted:

Did someone write down the coords. to unlock Astrologian? Can't see patch notes because of maintenance.

Recommendations window!

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

SpaceDrake posted:

I still say it's fun to go back into the older threads and see just how goddamn far we've come. Especially the old 1.0 threads, full of despair.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3353297 - original retail thread, the dawn begins to break on page 62.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3433215 - Yoshi-era 1.0, ends when the servers go down.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3516878 - the transition, beta, and launch 2.0 thread. Watching people realize the game is good in this thread is just :allears:-inducing.

Now, of course, we get to fill the current thread with talk of bad DRKs and fracture. :v: So far, yet still so near~

The funniest part of the 1.0 thread is the predictions for how Square would fix it. I don't think anyone predicted the way it turned out.

Also the people defending 1.0, which I will never understand

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Even though I'm planning to play with a friend who didn't want to either stay up late or wake up early to play HW, I still can't sleep. :mad:

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Rincewind posted:

I did the entire 2.0 MSQ as a level 50 PLD in full AF.

I had everything from 1.0 combat-related except ARC at 50, it took me a long time to pick everything up.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Minrad posted:

Even though I'm planning to play with a friend who didn't want to either stay up late or wake up early to play HW, I still can't sleep. :mad:

All i'm hearing here is time to level a different job.

Edit: VVV Servers aren't due up for another hour.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Okay. It's 2 minutes to 9am. I have the day off work.

Let's loving do this.

nene.
Aug 27, 2009

power
Is it 1 more hour and then we are back?

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

One more hour. ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

nene. posted:

Is it 1 more hour and then we are back?

Tenatively, yes.

This is an expansion launch so be ready for anything, really.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
They also extended maintenance already on everything but the game, so there's a decent chance that hour will stretch.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

My email says early access is starting 9 GMT

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Demicol posted:

Lodestone maint is done.

The Pillars (X:13 Y:8) for DRK
Foundation (X:8 Y:10) for MCH
The Pillars (X:15 Y:10) for AST

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

My email says early access is starting 9 GMT

..It is. It's 8AM GMT.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

...Is that a Lalafell DRK? :3:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
864k xp from 50 to 51, apparently. OH BOY

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
But how much does a MSQ give? Higher experience numbers is meaningless without context for how much experience you gain.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Okay i'm confused. It's 9am right now but the internet is telling me its 8am GMT+00? Did they not take daylight savings into account or something?

gently caress.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Thumbtacks posted:

864k xp from 50 to 51, apparently. OH BOY

Concidering that they said that the story is supposed to last as long as 2.0 did, I am not too shocked over that jump.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Did the lodestone go down again already?

That's not a good sign...

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
If you're in the UK, you're on BST and not GMT. Though for example http://www.whattimeisit.com/ seems to call that GMT still.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/8fe819184fa9f441fe018c134584e3bd75a7a4d1
Full notes.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

The most well dressed catte in the game is ready

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Well thats what I get for just assuming the email from Squeenix was 100% correct.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Okay i'm confused. It's 9am right now but the internet is telling me its 8am GMT+00? Did they not take daylight savings into account or something?

gently caress.

GMT doesn't observe DST.

e:fb

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Well thats what I get for just assuming the email from Squeenix was 100% correct.

It was correct. The servers are live at 9:00 GMT. It is currently 8:13 GMT.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Weren't these posted a few days ago? This seems very familiar.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

It was, it's about to turn 8:15 GMT.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm jealous of Elfpope's hat. Way bigger than the commendation pope hat.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Thumbtacks posted:

Weren't these posted a few days ago? This seems very familiar.

They post preliminary notes with all the specific details stripped out and then the full notes on patch, or well expansion, day.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Bland posted:

It was correct. The servers are live at 9:00 GMT. It is currently 8:13 GMT.

24hr maintenance is difficult for people to understand.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Veev posted:

They post preliminary notes with all the specific details stripped out and then the full notes on patch, or well expansion, day.

In that case I will wait for someone to point out the important parts of these full notes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Thumbtacks posted:

In that case I will wait for someone to point out the important parts of these full notes.

Trying to find any difference, haven't found any so far but I'll keep looking...

• Locked thread